Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnOldAlias

Nightwave Season 2 "Devotee" Ally pictures/Discussion.

It's kinda interesting they went with random allies spawning to help you when you're in trouble.

Should work out very well for newer players who can't necessarily do all the Nightwave Acts.

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎07 at 4:28 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

My current theory is that when they revive people there'll be some later effect like the helminth cysts but worse that'll start to propogate around the playerbase.

The corrupted blood incident doesn't ring a bell? I mean, it's significance warranted research by actual psychologists and epidemiologists. Even google recognizes it as a real event 😄 

hace 12 horas, Olphalarepth dijo:

Lore wise kavats are kinda immune to infestation as they actually eat it.

Considering the data provided by the cosmetics of this nightwave, it seems quite possible that Arno's infestation is actually a symbiont, what would be highly beneficial for a Kavat, that wouldn't probably mind the infested look as long as it provided mutual benefit and they were tied since birth.

Would be nice to see an infested kavat, not sure if people would be ready for another cyst though

Justo ahora, Ver1dian dijo:

The corrupted blood incident doesn't ring a bell? I mean, it's significance warranted research by actual psychologists and epidemiologists. Even google recognizes it as a real event 😄 

We already had our own "corrupted blood incident" with Helminth, and people were outraged due to it altering Fashionframe or looking disgusting, would love to have another, more serious one, but might be unwise considering how the first one ended up.

6 minutes ago, Xolot said:

We already had our own "corrupted blood incident" with Helminth, and people were outraged due to it altering Fashionframe or looking disgusting, would love to have another, more serious one, but might be unwise considering how the first one ended up.

Irritating your fashion sense doesn't quite ring on the same level of as wiping out Ironforge. I wouldn't mind one of those in some manner, but let's ask the real question here, can those buggers pop in arbitration?

hace 1 minuto, Ver1dian dijo:

Irritating your fashion sense doesn't quite ring on the same level of as wiping out Ironforge.

It doesn't, but would enrage the community even more, considering that this time it would be intentional. The Corrupted Blood led to many deaths and leaving players unable to play would be quite a bad idea.

Maybe if focused another way than endless deaths and fashionframe eyesores could work and become an interesting event, thing is that part of what made corrupted blood that interesting is that many players were infesting others on purpose, but having the infestation become positive would't yield the same, or even close results

17 minutes ago, Xolot said:

It doesn't, but would enrage the community even more, considering that this time it would be intentional. The Corrupted Blood led to many deaths and leaving players unable to play would be quite a bad idea.

Maybe if focused another way than endless deaths and fashionframe eyesores could work and become an interesting event, thing is that part of what made corrupted blood that interesting is that many players were infesting others on purpose, but having the infestation become positive would't yield the same, or even close results 

Indeed, very few would go out of their way to benefit a fellow Tenno, but would go the extra mile if they can ruin their day 😄 

From the episode intro the closest thing to an event I can see is since they have "the power to heal the sick, to revive the fallen, to cure the Grineer of their rot and disease", our frames being brought back to some form of primal consciousness and we have to fight them (or even worse, hunt them down through the system) to get them back with Umbra obviously being immune and maybe getting some ascaris-like McGuffin to make 1 frame immune so lower MR players aren't simply left with an orbiter.

12 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

Lore wise kavats are kinda immune to infestation as they actually eat it.

Considering that Venari was not noted to be unusual aside from Size and Intelligence from a regular Kavat, despite being of 'one flesh' with Khora, an infested organism, as well as what normal/moonless Kavats look like, it's possible they may be in part formed from Technocyte. Which would explain why they eat it, and why they're immune - the Technocyte doesn't recognise them as viable organisms to infest, or is afraid of their hybrid nature and doesn't go for it.

il y a 52 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

I know what it is, but if you played bloodborne, it has a all other meaning. And now I kinda want to see those devotees abuse of Arlo's blessing and transform into monstrous infested (new ancient lore maybe)

I finally managed to catch some of them on video.

Here's one spawning and reviving me multiple times:

Video of one despawning after losing all his HP and knocking an enemy back with an explosion caused by his despawn:

https://gfycat.com/afraidfemaleearwig

Video of a devotee despawning during a revive, which will leave you in your bleedout state even in solo mode

https://gfycat.com/pleasedspitefulazurevasesponge

hace 1 hora, Ver1dian dijo:

Indeed, very few would go out of their way to benefit a fellow Tenno, but would go the extra mile if they can ruin their day 😄 

From the episode intro the closest thing to an event I can see is since they have "the power to heal the sick, to revive the fallen, to cure the Grineer of their rot and disease", our frames being brought back to some form of primal consciousness and we have to fight them (or even worse, hunt them down through the system) to get them back with Umbra obviously being immune and maybe getting some ascaris-like McGuffin to make 1 frame immune so lower MR players aren't simply left with an orbiter.

Would be nice to have something like that, but maybe not with the skills of normal frames, as some would be pure pain to recapture (talking about you, Umbral Inaros), maybe have it that if you waste all your revives or abandon a mission while having some cyst-like special status, you lose said warframe and have to hunt down a mutated version with common skills, somewhere in the Solar system (No assassination nodes, no Lua, no Kuva Fortress) in order to recover it.

There is already a default frame system in order to avoid leaving newbies with no Warframe upon having theirs abducted by Zanuka hunter, so the same default Excalibur could be used in this case. This system could be quite a nuisance, but i think that being able to craft some other infested pet, like a mutalist moa or infested Kavat could help to motivate people to take this risk.

hace 1 hora, Fallen77 dijo:

I know what it is, but if you played bloodborne, it has a all other meaning. And now I kinda want to see those devotees abuse of Arlo's blessing and transform into monstrous infested (new ancient lore maybe)

Well, considering that the new ancient infested have Devotees popping out of their backs, it feels like that's exactly what's gonna happen

59 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I finally managed to catch some of them on video.

Here's one spawning and reviving me multiple times:

Video of one despawning after losing all his HP and knocking an enemy back with an explosion caused by his despawn:

https://gfycat.com/afraidfemaleearwig

Video of a devotee despawning during a revive, which will leave you in your bleedout state even in solo mode

https://gfycat.com/pleasedspitefulazurevasesponge

Calling it now:

It finds and revives “You” (as in your Warframe’s infested flesh beneath that Sentient Exoskeleton) because the hive-mind can sense you.

Devotees are infected with Arlo’s dormant or hidden strain.  

In a nutshell this is just a new Vector tactic for the infestation to spread (covert vs overt/hidden vs seen) by healing the host so it is a stronger carrier.

It’s the Equivalent of John Carpenter’s The Thing driving around an Ice Cream Truck and handing out Free INFECTED Ice Cream as a smiling vendor on a hot summer day.

Everyone loves free Ice Cream in the summer!

It wouldn’t surprise me if that new infested in the Empyrean demo is the mature form of Arlo’s “touch”.

il y a 12 minutes, Xolot a dit :

Well, considering that the new ancient infested have Devotees popping out of their backs, it feels like that's exactly what's gonna happen

Oh fludge, I didn't know that. Is it seeable during its tennolive appearance ? Or some artwork ?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Calling it now:

It finds and revived “You” (as in your Warframe’s infested flesh beneath that Sentient Exoskeleton) because the hive-mind can sense you.

Devotees are infected with Arlo’s dormant or hidden strain.  

In a nutshell this is just a new Vector tactic for the infestation to spread (covert vs overt/hidden vs seen) by healing the host so it is a stronger carrier.

It’s the Equivalent of John Carpenter’s The Thing driving around an Ice Cream Truck and handing out Free INFECTED Ice Cream as a smiling vendor on a hot summer day.

Everyone loves free Ice Cream in the summer!

I've already let them revive a frame with a cyst, one that never had one and a "cured" frame to see whatever long time effects the devotees have on our frames.

On 2019-07-06 at 11:18 PM, AnOldAlias said:

Based off of the Wiki entry, you get around 500 or so Nightwave Season 2 Standing whenever a Devotee spawns and revives you.

So you get rep by being downed so this guy spawns and revives you... Going to be interesting to see people farm this one.

Ah I would have to die to get them to spawn. No thanks! Who knows what kind of germs these guys are spreading.

8 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I've already let them revive a frame with a cyst, one that never had one and a "cured" frame to see whatever long time effects the devotees have on our frames.

Probably nothing.  The Helminth seems to be a dominant, resistsnt strain to other infested.  We’ve seen this over and over.

But it would be a crazy twist.

"Emissary - a person sent as a diplomatic representative on a special mission."

Devotees are friendly and try to be helpful.

Arlo cosmetics are benign, symbiotic Infested growths. 

Operator suit has an interesting description: "Become like Arlo Devoted". Devotees are going to evolve or they have a Venom-like sword-skin they do not show off to everyone?

Infested Syndicate incoming?

hace 30 minutos, Fallen77 dijo:

Oh fludge, I didn't know that. Is it seeable during its tennolive appearance ? Or some artwork ?

It does, if you look at the back of that ancient, you can see an arm and a head with white helm on sticking out

hace 15 minutos, (PS4)Silverback73 dijo:

Probably nothing.  The Helminth seems to be a dominant, resistsnt strain to other infested.  We’ve seen this over and over.

I did the same and nothing has happened by now, doubt anything will happen at all, but would be cool that having this strain also in the body forces Helminth to "mutate" in some way, becoming an even stronger strain to overcome this new "Arno Strain" or even combining with this by making use of their common base.

the craziest that could happen would be hearing Arno's voice in our head, as any other mutation and such can't go much crazier due what Warframes are

On 2019-07-07 at 5:18 AM, AnOldAlias said:

Based off of the Wiki entry, you get around 500 or so Nightwave Season 2 Standing whenever a Devotee spawns and revives you.

26 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

So you get rep by being downed so this guy spawns and revives you... Going to be interesting to see people farm this one.

You don't get any rep for being revived by them.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Mutalist Alad can take over our frames and we can hear Jordas when our armor integrity hits 0% during infested salvage missions.

It wouldn't be too farfetched to assume something new will happen, but I doubt it'll be anything as big as our Warframes turning against us and running away from home.

il y a 3 minutes, 16Bitman a dit :

we can hear Jordas when our armor integrity hits 0% during infested salvage missions.

Oh dang, you spiked my curiosity, gonna check that real quick.

12 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

You don't get any rep for being revived by them.

Thanks for the answer. Seemed like an odd mech to put in.

But then, don't we have any other way of gaining NW rep like convicts ? Was having high hopes when I saw this thread.

Weird, the wiki said they gave rep, but they don't, also they edit it out from the page(recently I guess?).

So, for now there is no way to get extra rep?

Does anyone have prints with them giving rep? In squads maybe?