Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-06 at 6:25 PM, InsomniaTheMistress said:

So, after three years of waiting we finaly got this - Ivara Deluxe Skin.

C_vogO4ZS1o.jpg

And it's horrible! How it's fit Ivara -  huntress with bow, tree warrior whose visual design was influenced by tree frogs? Right, in no way.
Looks like alpha version of Khora. Oh wait, Mike here, hello!

I hope DE never add it to the game.

 

Same for Nezha's Deluxe... Ember's Deluxe... Atlas' Deluxe... and so on. They simply don't fit or are plain ugly. They fired a good designer and replaced with a guy who has no sense of good taste.
This skin fits Gara much more than Ivara. Just like Nezha's skin fits Atlas much better than the Atlas Deluxe skin itself.

For you to have an idea of what I mean just look at Ember's example:

What it supposed to be:

Spoiler

SnLw4lD.jpg

What we got:
 

Spoiler

aYjHghE.jpg

 

Edited by Sanxxieh
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sanxxieh said:

Same for Nezha's Deluxe... Ember's Deluxe... Atlas' Deluxe... and so on. They simply don't fit or are plain ugly. They fired a good designer and replaced with a guy who has no sense of good taste.
This skin fits Gara much more than Ivara. Just like Nezha's skin fits Atlas much better than the Atlas Deluxe skin itself.

For you to have an idea of what I mean just look at Ember's example:

What it supposed to be:

  Reveal hidden contents

SnLw4lD.jpg

What we got:
 

  Reveal hidden contents

aYjHghE.jpg

 

Nezha's and Atlas's deluxe 100% match their character.  Am I missing something?  Nezha is from chinese lore.  Then Atlas is all about Earth, and all of his powers are rock based.

You absolutely lost me at Nezha's skin fits Atlas more.  Are you sure you're talking about the right frames here?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Nezha's and Atlas's deluxe 100% match their character.  Am I missing something?  Nezha is from chinese lore.  Then Atlas is all about Earth, and all of his powers are rock based.

You absolutely lost me at Nezha's skin fits Atlas more.  Are you sure you're talking about the right frames here?

It was a sarcastic comparison but it still had some truth in it. Let me explain.

Mainly what I see against the Nezha's deluxe is the fact it is too buffy for Nezha. It changes Nezha's model from slim and agile to buffy Amaterasu wannabe (it looks more Amaterasu than it should and that is another problem). Not only it looks silly to see such a buffy warrior with Nezha's animations of skills, the model also is downscalled to the height of original Nezha's model making it even more awkward because it looks forced. Nezha is described as petite and delicate (but still dangerous). Definitely the buffy part of the skin makes it more similar to Atlas than to Nezha, hence my comparison.

As for Atlas? Atlas' skin looks simply awful, the only good thing that I could say about it would be, indeed, it kind looks like having a stone layer. The overall concept looks more Eidolon than it should. The only difference is DE realized people would rage over another eidolon frame so instead of blue flame they added blue crystal inside. That made it even worse. Looks Play-doh made, is not polished, simply and utterly ugly in every single aspect of the design, especially the head that the only thing I could compare it to is Mouth Of Sauron from LoTR. Atlas has never been too pretty but with some help of Tennogen, pallets and good accessories he could be a pretty decently looking brawler/gladiator. But this skin? Degraded from a decent gladiator to a play-doh model with a disgusting face. In my opinion - the worst trade ever. Does it fit Atlas theme? Yes and no. It fits on the stone part. But stops to fit when you look at the details.

But hey, that is just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. ^w^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a long time Ivara player, but sadly this Deluxe skin doesn't tickle my pickle, so to speak.  Although I reserve judgment until it is in game, I'm quite likely to pass on this one, and wait for the next one, or Ivara Prime, whichever comes next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-12 at 2:10 AM, MagPrime said:

Not only are you trying to address a tone I don't have (intentionally at least) you went off the rails with that last line.  

Gonna just ignore you, cause yeah, not sure what you're smoking and I don't want second hand exposure. 

Maybe next time don't try to claim bullS#&$ and deflect it with a condescending attitude and nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly Ivara skin is so bad it wins my worst designed skin in game for sure. Move over Nova and Nidus deluxe you have been beaten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Honestly Ivara skin is so bad it wins my worst designed skin in game for sure. Move over Nova and Nidus deluxe you have been beaten.

First of all Nidus deluxe is gorg, secondly we all know kungpowchicken deluxe is the worst by a mile. 

  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its meh to me. I won't use plat on it.  Now the other cat like concept for ivara that was around. Minus its goofy feet.  That i liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nova deluxe

ember deluxe

volt deluxe

altas deluxe

together they show a disturbing trend of badly implemented design. I mean, the ember skin was amazing (and well received) before they went and started changing it and pissed off the community

and now after all this time and waiting, they're gonna go and butcher the ivara skin too.

I was so excited to finally FINALLY, get a good skin for ivara that didn't require tennogen, nope, here's budget khora

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like most of the deluxes aren't meant to look like the frame's usual aesthetic, come to think of it...

But yeah, this looks more like Khora or even Gara Deluxe.. Not Ivara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tremendous letdown.

They've had fantastic work coming from the Deluxe skin side of things, and this kind of just seems "eh".

Part of the disappointment is mostly stemming from having my own ideas on how an Ivara "Deluxe" concept might be tackled and then seeing absolutely zero of those elements touched on. Everyone thinks their ideas are the best and all that...

It is the first deluxe skin I have zero interest in buying (For a Frame I really enjoy at least).

Edited by (XB1)RPColten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-18 at 12:20 AM, Cubewano said:

First of all Nidus deluxe is gorg, secondly we all know kungpowchicken deluxe is the worst by a mile. 

While yes it's well made it has way too many ideas strapped into it. If they went all in with the body horror or astral themes it'd be fine. But combining those together and adding that knightly look is just a horrible mish mash. And the mutation stacks on it are just horrible. It's a visual mess.

Ember deluxe is just disappointing. It doesn't make me wanna punch the artist for ruining a great idea concept.

Edited by ChaosSabre
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please DE don't release the deluxe skin for ivara you showed us at tennocon.I think it looks ugly as does everyone i have talked with.It don't fit her aesthetic.Honestly until i saw that.It was a no brainer for me buying her skin when it released unless it was ugly.I ask that you redesign it.She is supposed to be a hunter/stealth frame maybe some where in that vein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Then don't buy it. As you've said and very well - you don't like it. And if you indeed saw the whole subject on Deluxe skins you'd know Ivara's upcoming skin is not only "just the first"(multiple deluxes are a thing now), but it was designed by Ivara's own creator. A person who I dare say might understand her better than all of us, apart from personal tastes.

That being said I don't really like the skin either, and I don't plan on buying it. But I respect that other people might differ. And for that matter I don't really like most other skins for her. I use PS4's Obsidian skin for Ivara because it's the best I find to be currently available. Hopefully there'll be a second deluxe in the future, or even just the prime, that I will truly enjoy having.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Then don't buy it

this is a hidden secret! do not share it, you'll ruin the entire gaming industry if people figure out they do not need to buy everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I do not understand.  As they have shown, a deluxe skin for a frame is not THE only deluxe skin for a frame (Nova).  Her kit revolves around shooting arrows, and thus a more archer-like look.  Just convince them eventually with a good enough design for a second deluxe skin, and they will get to it when they get to it, since deluxe skins are a passion project. In the mean time, you are not forced to buy the new skin.

Edited by AlouetteSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlouetteSK said:

I do not understand.  As they have shown, a deluxe skin for a frame is not THE only deluxe skin for a frame (Nova).  Her kit revolves around shooting arrows, and thus a more archer-like look.  Just convince them eventually with a good enough design for a second deluxe skin, and they will get to it when they get to it, since deluxe skins are a passion project. In the mean time, you are not forced to buy the new skin.

Deluxe skins are not a passion project. Zephyr Deluxe is the only one that is a legitimate passion project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-27 at 8:33 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Then don't buy it. As you've said and very well - you don't like it. And if you indeed saw the whole subject on Deluxe skins you'd know Ivara's upcoming skin is not only "just the first"(multiple deluxes are a thing now), but it was designed by Ivara's own creator. A person who I dare say might understand her better than all of us, apart from personal tastes.

That being said I don't really like the skin either, and I don't plan on buying it. But I respect that other people might differ. And for that matter I don't really like most other skins for her. I use PS4's Obsidian skin for Ivara because it's the best I find to be currently available. Hopefully there'll be a second deluxe in the future, or even just the prime, that I will truly enjoy having.

I won't buy it.I do know that they will have multiple skins.You may be right about them understanding her better then all of us.With that being said I think she kind looks like a cross between khora and atlas with that skin.

I figured that if i and enough others let their displeasure be known  that maybe if we were lucky they would change it.I know it is a long shot but gotta try.I also know it is a business so we do have some sway  if they want us to buy it.I use the tennogen Youkai skin for her.If anyone likes the deluxe skin and wants it.I say go for it and more power to them.We do have hope though.If they stick to the pattern they tend to go by.Maybe we will get ivara prime at the end of the year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-06 at 1:25 PM, InsomniaTheMistress said:

So, after three years of waiting we finaly got this - Ivara Deluxe Skin.

C_vogO4ZS1o.jpg

And it's horrible! How it's fit Ivara -  huntress with bow, tree warrior whose visual design was influenced by tree frogs? Right, in no way.
Looks like alpha version of Khora. Oh wait, Mike here, hello!

I hope DE never add it to the game.

 

Honestly, I would have pegged it for Khora, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Deluxe Skin is obviously inspired by Ancient Greek archers, not to mention ARTEMIS, for which her exalted bow is named. 

Here is a statue of Artemis:

684.jpg?v=1485682786

You can see she has a sash of some sort pulled across the chest, something like this was likely translated into the asymmetrical blue part of the Deluxe skin on her chest. The cloth design in general on the skin is also highly reminiscent of this Artemis portrayal.

Here is a Trojan Archer (Or at least that's what most of the sources say it is):

the-reproduction-of-the-and-_34_aphaia-t

You can see the quiver on the hip/thigh much like the Ivara Deluxe skin.

The only thing I can't explain completely is her head. To me, its clear that the back of the head is supposed to resemble the short, tied back hair that Artemis is usually portrayed with, however I do not understand the metallic spikes, which does seem a little more Khora to me. I also wish more of the legs were the same color, I think that would alleviate a lot of the Equinox comparisons. Anyways, I'm not a historian, but it screamed Artemis to me the moment I saw it on stream. If there are any other cultural influences on the design I'd be interested to know.

Edited by CptKrieg
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

see devstream.

what a godly skin. all that fuss about nothin. i find it hilarious so many of you were trying to push that hooker skin.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think what i thought from the very beginning, that the wukong deluxe staff was a shoddy work. And other frames get better treatment. Cant wait for Titania exalted weapons get cool looking deluxe models, while wukong still has that ... thing.

Edited by Swagernator22663
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...