Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara deluxe ??

Even less interested.

The emissives and texturing made it appear worse for me, and the awful primary/secondary colour split is still a design choice that seems obnoxious to incorporate. Even Equinox avoided some sort of horizontal primary/secondary split of colours. Why Ivara needs half her body to be metallics and the other half to be 'silk' makes no sense to me.

The shoulder accessories, the left pauldron and right cloth, will need to be an attachment as is the case with Mag Prime and Banshee otherwise they will get in the way with player customisation. The left-hip 'thing' (There's a design issue if a feature to a cosmetic is not clear) must also be an attachment as it will get in the way with upper-thigh leg armour attachments.

I'd rather have this over that fan-concept 'Jade' skin, but this is still a deluxe I'm not getting.

This skin just looks like Skyers played a lot of Monster Hunter and said "I like this characters armour set, I want to add it into Warframe." and slapped it onto Ivara because Ivara 'hunts'. I can only assume the hip-thing is supposed to be a climbing hook or some such, ala the Slinger from MH.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
  • Like 2

It looks so much better now. I like that they slimmed it down so it deosn't look extremely bulky like before.

The only issues i have with this skin are:

• The fabric texture deosn't look very leathery, but more like plastic based fabric -> would like it to look more like Leather
  • The cloth hanging from her right leg, deosn't look very cloth like and is also too short -> make cloth look more like cloth and make it longer
  • While her helmet looks way better, i would prefer some kind of cowl or archer like hood -> don't feel like the helmet represents an archer very well
  • I still can not identify the the metal thing thats hanging from her left leg -> if anyone knows, please tell me, because i'd like to know
  • While she has been slimmed down, i think she still looks a bit too bulky -> may not even be her that needs slimming down, but her accesories which make her look bulky even when she's not?
  • The Metal parts in the center of her body, i do not like that its metal. I do not know why, but it just deosn't sit right with me. -> This is a nitpick, apart from my personal taste it looks fine

Her Bow looks amazing. I love it. The Arrowtip however, yet again, could need some change, by making it look slimmer but also pointier at the same time. The way it is in the picture reminds me more of a Bolt fired from a Ballista instead of a Bow. -> Make Arrowhead look pointier and less like a perfect triangle/pyramid. 
That is all i have to say for now.

~ MoonMoon Person

I don't like asymetrical skins that much...
That said, Ivara is pretty crap to customize because of half her stuff staying at the default color, and it's the same person doing the deluxe (iirc from tennocon), so i never expected greatness... The bow does look awesome.

really like the bow. feel the same about the skin as before: doesn't really look very "ivara," forms look kind of generic, not frame-specific, with components borrowed from gara and khora.

Edited by sinnae

Doesn't look like it fits Ivara's theme at all. Like, good looking skin, but that's not Ivara. Looks like an iteration of the Ember Deluxe skin, or maybe something made for Loki (helmet aside, still can't think of anyone other than Ember to wear a chicken head). Definitely not Ivara though.

Jade skin may not be the best, but atleast if done a bit more extreme, it looks different than most of female warframes lately - Octavia or original Ivara had unique concepts, not just different messy materials on the same woman model. I really wish there would be more of disproportional models with cool idea behind matching what the warframe is about. 

For me it doesn't scream Equinox, but a good version of Khora Prime - only the material they showed in devstream today looks like tinfoil and what tinfoil has anything to do with hunter?

Pictures and video link below (for those who were not able to watch the stream).

Video link (updated screenshots of Ivara's deluxe shown at 21:07)

Spoiler

- Ivara shown at 21:07 timestamp

Pictures from Devstream 130

Spoiler

Updated picture 01

SrcF04x.png

Updated picture 02

4XulohQ.png

I was originally going to write my own 'first impression look review' after Tennocon to comment on her deluxe but I have been busy and wasn't able to write it. But I think I still plan to write a 'first impression review' later. New showing from devstream 130 has however changed first impressions, which is good. Can easily say right now that Artemis Bow is looking pretty good. Arrow changes to Artemis Bow are also clean and very pleasing.

Reminds me of a rooster or chicken. I don't think its as nice as her default one. A downgrade in my opinion.

Looks like she woke up and could not figure out what to wear so she chopped two outfits in half, threw on a cockatiel hat and called it a day.. 🙈

I mean it would be great for Zephyr but cmon now, Ivara aint no silly pigeon. 

Edited by bananacat89
spelling

5 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

see devstream.

what a godly skin. all that fuss about nothin. i find it hilarious so many of you were trying to push that hooker skin.

So the new skin appeals to you.  Hooray for you.  Some people still don't like it, and won't like it.  Being kind of condescending and insulting about it is not going to change their mind.  But hey, if you're fishing for clicks... go you.

definitely would have preferred the Jade one over the one we got. thankfully I'm on PS4 so I can just keep using my Obsidian Skin for her..

if I had the talent, I'd try and make a skin that takes themes from modern-day hunting attire, Ghillie Suits etc. she already has a couple good Tennogen Skins, so I'm sure an artist can make something else we like.