Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InsomniaTheMistress

Ivara deluxe ??

still looks like it should be for equinox rather than ivara

5 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

see devstream.

what a godly skin. all that fuss about nothin. i find it hilarious so many of you were trying to push that hooker skin.

So the new skin appeals to you.  Hooray for you.  Some people still don't like it, and won't like it.  Being kind of condescending and insulting about it is not going to change their mind.  But hey, if you're fishing for clicks... go you.

same as I thought before: it just isn't really Ivara to me.

but hey, there's always the Obsidian Skin for me.

definitely would have preferred the Jade one over the one we got. thankfully I'm on PS4 so I can just keep using my Obsidian Skin for her..

if I had the talent, I'd try and make a skin that takes themes from modern-day hunting attire, Ghillie Suits etc. she already has a couple good Tennogen Skins, so I'm sure an artist can make something else we like.

That bump tho.

I will say that after the recent re-reveal of the deluxe skin on Devstream 130, I greatly prefer how it looks compared to the oddly-proportioned skin on the left. 

1 hour ago, FrostPrime said:

That bump tho.

I will say that after the recent re-reveal of the deluxe skin on Devstream 130, I greatly prefer how it looks compared to the oddly-proportioned skin on the left. 

It's a concept...lol

Why are you talking about proportions? That has nothing to do with how it would look in-game. Her bones are her bones. An image of a concept wouldn't change that. It's about the style. 

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Not a fan, it doesn't fit her.

I can't see any rhyme or reason to it's styling, color placement, any of it.

It.. Its Gara mixed with Equinox. that's all I see.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So much better. Really begs the question why they would first show it in its worst light.

because it was still being worked on and it was just a progress preview? 

the one on the left have the potential to work, reducing the tighes while keeping the details would work, though DE want thier own desgine.

but yea, i would love if the fan art could be a second deluxe skin in the future.

Looks....not very Ivara...at least not mine...

I put a Repala syandana on the original frame, and it looks more like a hooded assassin/huntress from medieval times.

So...yeah, I'll unfortunately stick to my Ivara Vanilla skin.

Deluxe skins tend to err on the miss side of hit and miss and this is no exception to that.

It looks way better with shaders and proper cloth... "swoop". It still looks like Khora, but at least it looks like something I'd actually want to use and wear

The fan concept is really nice, but only looks like Ivara insomuch that it has a hood, and that's it -- odd choice of legs, out-of-genre fur lining and no quiver. Not a good fit for the frame or the game.

The Deluxe Skin looks pretty good, a lot better than the WiP they showed previously. I'm liking the details and composite cloth armor theme. I just hope its metallics aren't overbearing like with several other deluxe skins, as this makes it very difficult to pair the skin with any other helmet.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

So much better. Really begs the question why they would first show it in its worst light.

If you haven't followed de for a while, they're currently often making mistakes when revealing something, look at the first in-game shots of Wukong deluxe, it was ugly as hell because it missed a lot of parts. Or wisp, which when revealed in-game was nothing but an ass because they missed a lot of cloth, also the animation looks way different now in-game than what they showed.

I also think they should up the game and improve on that specifically. Also their gameplay. When Gauss was first shown he looked like an actual god survival wise, last stream Rebecca was always almost dying and it looked like his 2 had no effect. 

I know it's a dev build but come on.. a bit of preparation never hurt nobody.

On topic: I think the skin looks dope, I just hope ivara gets some qol changes with her skin or the prime..

20 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

If you haven't followed de for a while, they're currently often making mistakes when revealing something, look at the first in-game shots of Wukong deluxe, it was ugly as hell because it missed a lot of parts. Or wisp, which when revealed in-game was nothing but an ass because they missed a lot of cloth, also the animation looks way different now in-game than what they showed.

I also think they should up the game and improve on that specifically. Also their gameplay. When Gauss was first shown he looked like an actual god survival wise, last stream Rebecca was always almost dying and it looked like his 2 had no effect. 

I know it's a dev build but come on.. a bit of preparation never hurt nobody.

On topic: I think the skin looks dope, I just hope ivara gets some qol changes with her skin or the prime..

What kind of preparation are you hoping they can do that would prevent completely in development things from being completely in development? They say more or less every devstream that near all the content they are showing is in progress and that it may not be indicative of the final product, and try to be explicit where they know change will be, short of just never showing works in progress there isn't much more preparedness they can offer to anyone in regards to how people choose to perceive such situations. 

13 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

see devstream.

what a godly skin. all that fuss about nothin. i find it hilarious so many of you were trying to push that hooker skin.

Didn't like it. That "ying yang" color scheme kinda ruins it for me.

Since deluxe bundles include other skins I will wait to see what we get and decide as the main dish is totally not worth for my taste.

EDIT

And yes, as many other users have already pointed out, the skin does not give the "Ivara" feeling. We're talking about a rogue/scout and that skin barely has a few elements that reminds you of it.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cubewano:

What kind of preparation are you hoping they can do that would prevent completely in development things from being completely in development? They say more or less every devstream that near all the content they are showing is in progress and that it may not be indicative of the final product, and try to be explicit where they know change will be, short of just never showing works in progress there isn't much more preparedness they can offer to anyone in regards to how people choose to perceive such situations. 

I talk about stuff that IS already hooked up, like the cloth with wisp and the armour with Wukong, and was just accidentally missing for some reason.. if they would've put but a little bit of caution in the stream they would've noticed it was missing. And use some magical dev hacks to implement the missing stuff to show the real thing. 

I mean people nagged about how ugly Wukong deluxe was and now they're satisfied (mostly) just because something that was finished was shown off inappropriately..

1 hour ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I talk about stuff that IS already hooked up, like the cloth with wisp and the armour with Wukong, and was just accidentally missing for some reason.. if they would've put but a little bit of caution in the stream they would've noticed it was missing. And use some magical dev hacks to implement the missing stuff to show the real thing. 

I mean people nagged about how ugly Wukong deluxe was and now they're satisfied (mostly) just because something that was finished was shown off inappropriately..

That's not really an option while using a live dev build that is constantly getting updated and seeing new iterations. Anything can break anything at a moments notice, and since the development doesn't go on hold for several hours around each devstream that means it's impossible to guarantee everything will go perfectly and without bugs. All they can do is as they always do, which is inform people when content is still wip/in development and prone to change, and hope they can be reasonable enough to understand what that means and meter out their expectations. Yes sometimes people refuse to understand it, like with Wukong, to which DE mentioned several times during the stream he was missing his shoulders pieces but they did exist and would be a part of his bundle, they even I believe posted a preview with his shoulders following the stream, but you can't do anything with about that but hope they learn. We either get to see the in development content and match our expectations to the situation, or we just give them up entirely. 

Wait... wasn’t deluxe skins suppose to have a theme of their own?

to my understanding Primed versions have to follow the existing theme, while deluxe skins comes out from the imagination of whoever made them.

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

it was WIP skin iirc. 

I hate to say it but I think I'm warming up to the deluxe skin.

it looks Much better than it did before.