Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara deluxe ??

18 minutes ago, -LB-Tanuki said:

How can you not respect artist's vision. The guy working on this skin is the same guy who designed Ivara in the first plact (at least that's what they said). Who the fk cares if looks more like Khora. Limbo's deluxe looks like Revenant, so what?

I am grateful for his work and I will definitely buy this skin. If you don't like it, just move on and stop saying stuff like this, because you are acting like a little kid who didn't get the toy he wanted.

I want to say this kindly, I really, REALLY do...so keep that in mind, please.

I honestly feel NOTHING is free from critique. Any form of art, or work put up into the public space should be critiqued if people so feel, respectfully, of course. I do respect Ivara's original creator, as I adore Ivara above all others (Waifu-Frame), but I'm just being honest as well. I am no fan of this deluxe. I understand fully it's from Ivara's original creator, an I respect that...but again, nothing is free from critique.

As many have said, it looks like a Khora/Gara/Equinox hybrid, which is a bit confusing. And she looks bulky, more armored...an armored isn't exactly a word I'd use to describe Ivara.

Then again, these are just my personal views, my own critiques of something somebody made.

19 hours ago, Jokie155 said:

I think I'd rather a skin that doesn't fit with the base at all than yet another with freaking ugly peg legs.

Why do they keep happening? Trinity is among my most played but the peg leg plague ruins that deluxe for me.

IKR?

its like the designer doesn’t know how to draw feet.

1 hour ago, Corrin_Nohriana said:

NOTHING is free from critique

What kind of critique is that supposed to be:

I hope DE never add it to the game.

OP can not simply wish for something to be scrapped... Just because he don't like it, doesn't mean everyone on the planet shares his opinion. Everything he said has nothing to do with constructive critique. He is simply crying out loud like a lil b**ch.

4 minutes ago, -LB-Tanuki said:

What kind of critique is that supposed to be:

OP can not simply wish for something to be scrapped... Just because he don't like it, doesn't mean everyone on the planet shares his opinion. Everything he said has nothing to do with constructive critique. He is simply crying out loud like a lil b**ch.

I'm aware, but I'm more so speaking broadly. A lot of people are unhappy with it and a few others are saying the 'complainers' have no right to 'complain'. Honestly this whole scenario is kinda screwed. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

13 minutes ago, Corrin_Nohriana said:

I'm aware, but I'm more so speaking broadly.

Yes, I know. People should be able to share their thoughts. I can respect the fact that someone is not liking Ivara's deluxe skin model. What triggers me, is the fact that OP basically wants DE not to add this skin to the game. Sounds selfish if you ask me, because I am sure there are a lot of people who would buy this skin.

My take on it.

This is NOT a "Deluxe" skin, unless it has some effect that we just can't see.  It looks like a mediocre regular skin.  They did the same crap with Limbo.  Limbo's isn't some Deluxe skin, its just a regular skin.

To me, a Deluxe skin should be like Nidus's, or Atlas's.

They should have a minimum amount of changes.  Imo, I would at least like to see two of the following changes as a minimum.  Some sort of extra aura/glowy effect, animated bits, transformation, and power effect change.

Like how Nidus both Transforms, and has extra stuff added to his powers.  Deluxe should have that extra oomph to them.  Deluxe skins like Limbo, and apparently Ivara just does not cut it.

Edited by Klaleara

1 hour ago, -LB-Tanuki said:

Yes, I know. People should be able to share their thoughts. I can respect the fact that someone is not liking Ivara's deluxe skin model. What triggers me, is the fact that OP basically wants DE not to add this skin to the game. Sounds selfish if you ask me, because I am sure there are a lot of people who would buy this skin.

It's nice to see we can have a civil discussion about it. While I would much rather see the Jade Sin deluxe added...the fact a few frames are getting a second Deluxe gives me hope.

Honestly, while I don't think this is a bad skin, the way they've presented it, with the two-tone aesthetic, the bits of fabric and the horned helmet and so on, just makes it look like a failed Equinox Deluxe concept that they've polished up and done anyway.

They had better come through with a fantastic look for Ivara Prime after this or I'm going to riot...

this is certainly a skin which I'm not entirely looking forward too, and it's a shame since Ivara is one of my favourite frames and I was hoping for a skin which actually improved on her base skin, nothing about this is skin is 'elegant' or even covert for that matter, it just looks like a strange hybrid of other frames, I actually thought that it was a new frame, and I don't mean that in a good way.

what made Ivara's original skin was the covert feeling it had: the hood, the skirt which seems to be made of a unique material and actually gives off a rather natural yet spiritual vibe, all of it is kind of taken away by this skin.

Edited by (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx

Don't really like it either since it looks like a khora deluxe skin. Not my cup of tea, although it's possible you can mix and match existing parts to create a cool looking hybrid that still feels like ivara. Don't really mind tho since it's plat i will be saving , Ivara Prime will probably be closer to what I want and there's enough cool tennogen stuff to make a cool looking Ivara already.

I'm just used to Ivara not having good skins or helmets. I figured it is an inside joke from them.

I hope one day they will find it in their hearts to produce a sniper theme skin for her including a ghillie syandana.

Here is a random internet searched art for inspiration:

76aadc5091a825bbbd5d74ef4d24f70b.jpg

My only solace is that Ivara is invisible 99% of the time, even to me. So it's easier to imagine she looks like the above while in mission.

It has always been my perspective that deluxe skins are the only chance people get to take actual liberties with design.  They get to take bigger risks.  Where as Tennogen seem pretty restrictive.  Meant to build upon the current base but give it a slight theme.  And primes take the current base/theme and crank it up to 11.  For the most part this is how things have been minus things like volt/octavia deluxe.

The creator of this deluxe is the same person who created Ivara.  They stated in a twitter post that this skin is meant to contrast her current look.  The current look being described as frog princess hunter.  The deluxe skin being described as a forrest guardian archer with some elvish influence.  So instead of having an organic, stealthy, cloth like look we're getting an armored archer warrior type look that has some feelings of nobility/protector vibes.

Ivara already has 3 tennogen skins with 2 alt hats that already play off of her base/theme being a hunter of sorts.  It makes sense that they're not continuing that route.  Personally there is a lot I like about this skin.  I like the face plate looking hollow with glowing eyes making it feel like it's some possessed armor.  I like the details with her hands.  Most warframe hands look like velvet/rubber skin extensions of the main suit.  These look like actual mesh hands with metallics on the digits.  I like the layered armor effect with the open tummy slot that has the crest towards the top.  I like how it looks like her upper back has a gem in it.  etc.  I am worried about the two tone decision as it made fashioning things like equinox default rather difficult.

I think the biggest "sin" from this skin is simply that she wasn't recognizable as Ivara.  Sure she's got a knife, cross bow, arrows, and a quiver.  But those feel like things included to tell us that it's ivara.  Rather than us just seeing Ivara.  Even deluxe's that take a pretty big departure from the base or theme like Frost's Harka skin still manage to make you recognize the frame.  Ivara's deluxe just doesn't do that.  Granted I didn't think of any particular frame when I first saw it.  But still.  I think it does work for her.  Though I am reserving final judgement of it until I can color it.

For those expecting to see a more "high detailed" look on her base or theme you have her prime to look forward to later this year.  And the door is open for multiple deluxe skins now as Nova and ash are about to get their second one's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

This is a lot of words.

Eh, sorta?  I mean, all the deluxe skins for the most part still hold the theme to some extent.  Deluxe skins I think are supposed to go way over the top, at least from my perspective (Nidus, Atlas, etc).  Usually takes some sort of relative attribute, and maximizes it to pure awesome.

The Ivara skin literally does none of the above.  Its boring, and it doesn't say anything archer at all, or stealth, or anything?  I wouldn't even say its an interesting skin for ANY frame.  Its an everyday skin, not Deluxe.

We can accept after all these years that DE don't release warframe or skins based on its good looks, if it's lore wise, it will be put out and it will sell no matter the looks. Use ember deluxe as a exemple and move on, eventually tennogen will save the frame you :heart:

58 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

Eh, sorta?  I mean, all the deluxe skins for the most part still hold the theme to some extent.  Deluxe skins I think are supposed to go way over the top, at least from my perspective (Nidus, Atlas, etc).  Usually takes some sort of relative attribute, and maximizes it to pure awesome.

The Ivara skin literally does none of the above.  Its boring, and it doesn't say anything archer at all, or stealth, or anything?  I wouldn't even say its an interesting skin for ANY frame.  Its an everyday skin, not Deluxe.

Both Octavia and volt deluxe do not do that. This deluxe is related to Ivara's identity as someone that uses a bow and hunts.  It's just more tacked on than organically done. 

And I'll have to disagree. The level of detail and the departure from looking like any other frame is enough to make it not an everyday skin. You can argue it's not as flamboyant or "in your face" as some other deluxe skins. But this deluxe is hardly the only offender in that regard. 

I can absolutely understand people's disappointment or disinterest in the skin but saying it's a crappy skin or saying it's a bad skin at all is a blatent lie. If you want an actual factual garbage deluxe look at loki knaive. Do not confuse disinterest with poor design. 

On 2019-07-07 at 5:59 PM, KiryuKusakabe said:

The worst Deluxe skin is Loki's Knave skin

Saryn is one of my top frames but I hate her deluxe. That flower and those boots kill me everytime🤦. One can only hope they give her a second one in time. 

In all honesty I feel like the deluxe that they made for her looked a bit too much like the original. IMO her body’s more or less shaped the same way and there’s not much of a departure in terms of design or at least a difference in the way I felt when looking at the two. I expected her deluxe to have more of that huntress feel you know? I’m talking an animal skin hood and fur. I’ll give them credit though. I like the added arrows and “crossbow” (or is it a grappling hook?) on her left thigh. There should of been more of that and a fitting design to back it up. De have always said that they like deluxe skin stepping just a tad outside the box of Warframe’s traditional aesthetic. Just look at liger’s skins in comparison to the original! That’s the kind of extent of design change I’d like to see for her. 

Im not really on board with the concept the op posted. I don’t really think elves fit well with ivara and.... those proportions kinda freak me out.

I personally feel de could have been more creative with the design and I’m just a tad disappointed. 

Edited by (PS4)i7081277