Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was The Credit Nerf Too Extreme?

RedDirtTrooper

I'm just wondering what other peoples opinion on this is. I have to say that I am broke in game for the first time in a good long while. It is hardly seems worth doing t3 voids for credits, as I can get as much doing a few t2 voids in far less time. I haven't been able to work on fusing any mods, not seriously, since u10 rolled out, I had to choose between that and building any of the new stuff. I can't help but feel that decreasing void rewards OR increasing credit costs would have been a better way to start out than both at the same time. I'm feeling a little frustrated not only having to farm for credits, but getting so little back for my time invested in doing so.

I'm the same, I found out after U10 that I would have to choose between upgrading my mods or grinding and building the new stuff.

Well, I haven't really played that much as the result. There is a point where it stops being fun and starts being artificial game length/life.

Meh... you get credits for everything... sure one person or another will have an opinion one way or the other about how many they're finding, but I don't feel like they're ever going to be an issue for me. In the process of leveling an item from 0->30 and farming resources to make the next weapon, I always find enough creds to build that next item with surplus so nerfing the cred farming places like T3 void doesn't really affect me. The only sink for them is still just ammo boxes AFAIK.

The only time I get concerned is when we start stacking cred costs. Right now to make a clan tech weapon you will potentially donate creds to research a prerequisite needed to research what you want -possibly multiple times- then finally donate towards the research for that item you want, then have to buy the BP, then have to buy the BP's to make the sub components, then have to pay to craft the sub-components + pay to craft the forma sub-components, and then pay to craft the final item...

I think with all the noise around the system it's a bad time to make the argument, but eventually we really need to put a limit on these 'nesting costs' IMO.

Edited by VKhaun

That's not a sink... you only need one and you get a permanent item.

If clan tech is a sink, then everything is a sink and the term is meaningless as you use it.

Semantics are FUN!

How is something that costs 100-200k NOT a sink?! Especially when there are 13 such items?

I don't have a huge issue behind them as I play now for my upgrades I do think they could increase the Credit Alert amounts a bit. A good reason to run them would be a quick burst  of Credits. I usually run the 5-9K ones now and net 15-20K Credits.

While i do think the new clan tech prices combined with the less credits from missions is kind of harsh on the wallet... it balances out i guess? A potential buff to credit alerts might be justified though. Might make them actually worth our time now?

As for clan tech DE always says they messed up the prices shortly after fixing them. Personally i think they just do that to put a drain on the old overfarmed players recources who just buy everything outright.

I don't have any credit problems tbh, even tho I am building stuff from the clan dojo and getting the bp's. Sure I have to farm more to make the same amount of credits I had before the nerf but it is nothing that would make it hard as hell to get credits. But that is just how I feel.

I don't have any credit problems tbh, even tho I am building stuff from the clan dojo and getting the bp's. Sure I have to farm more to make the same amount of credits I had before the nerf but it is nothing that would make it hard as hell to get credits. But that is just how I feel.

congratz? u must be one of those many players whom have ran thousands of Void t1/2/3 before the huge credit nerf. 

Turn the T3 money reward down to 25k was too evil. Just building a few Clan weapons will drain A LOT OF money. Hell, building normal stuff still cost a lot. Necro cost about 145 000 or so. All Forma, Orikin Reactor/Catalyst cost about 35k. Detonite injection, Mutagen Mass and Fieldron all cost 15k each and most of the weapons needs 5 or more. 

I haven't built all weapons yet but the game does not need to lower the money reward on a T3 mission to that low levels.

Why does the game need a money sink? When you where low level you struggled with money or at least I did. Fusing together mods cost quite a bit of money at the time. Building something took almost all my money. Missions gave like 1.2k to 2k at most. 

Believe it or not, lot of people were complaining that thye had too much credits and nothing to use it on (outside of mods). So in comes U10 and lo' an behold, we have a credit sink. Of course now the issue is that for some reason they nerfed the Void credit awards, and hard at that.

Credit sink, great! No way to get those credits back as quickly as before? Not so great... I personally know several people who had credits in the 5-10m range, and now they're somehow broke (except one who I do know how he went broke, but that's a different story).

Before the nerf I had about 3million credits and now I have.... 3million credits, this is even after constantly fusing mods, building the new weps/frames, contributing to and buying clan tech.

I play for less than an hour or 2 a day average over the course of a week so that equates to maybe 3-5 missions a day, I only use plat for rushing builds or if I'm feeling lazy getting a forma/potato and I don't use credit boosters so I honestly don't think it has made all that much of a difference. Sure people that are just starting out will have a tough time but they will have to farm their asses off to get the mats for building blueprints and will get credits at the same time so its basically a moot point.

To add to what Temporary has said. I don't have credit issues, but I also do not have a huge stockpile and I love that. It makes Credits feel worthwhile and that grabbing a locker of 500 credits to 1500 credits is helping my team get more for their missions.

DO NOT REVERT THIS CREDIT CHANGE.

They wanted Credits to mean something and now they do. Suddenly it's not worthless to stop, kill some enemies and maybe open a box or two.