Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add more automated bot messages to help people in region chat the next time something is given away for free

BGamer18

Hello. I don't really know if this topic will get anywhere but I am just here to express my feedback and ideas. First of all Tennocon did happen the night I am writing this so I do not know if any developers will be able to see this post soon or maybe even at all. But anyways here are my suggestions. So as many of you guys know the Lotus Ephemera and Nekros Prime were given away as rewards for watching the Tennocon stream live for a certain amount of time. If you have been around for a while you may know that the amount of people that have been watching Tennocon in the last two years is quite large.

Due to this there is a massive resurgence of players in the game at this time. I also noticed that many people did not know the fact that the Nekros prime Warframe might take an entire week to fully process and be given to all of the players who have met the requirements to receive the Warframe for free. Due to people not knowing why their Nekros prime is not on their accounts immediately people automatically resort to asking region chat. Now this is where the problem begins.

Now the region chat is being flooded with the exact same question over and over and that question is "where is my Nekros prime?". Just in the course of this one night I have seen many different people ask this questions literally hundreds of times. The problem with this is that because the region chat is being flooded with this question so constantly that it completely interrupts the ability to actually have a normal conversation in region chat. Now here is where my idea comes in (also sorry for the long introduction) I want there to be an automated chat message that is sent to people whenever they ask a question like this in the future.

For example it can say that "your Nekros prime reward will take a while to process and will be in your inventory shorty" an automated message like that would do wonders for the many people that get on the game when things like this happen. My main inspiration for this suggestion is when people type into chat "when baro" or something along those lines in region chat. Immediately after that a message is directed towards them using a bot telling them the info they need to know. An alternative to this method would be having a bot send a out a message in chat on a timer like every 15 minutes for example. This message could say something along the lines of "If you watched 30 minutes of the Tennolive livestream and you are waiting to receive your free Nekros prime please note it will take a long time to process". 

If something like that could be implemented whenever a free Warframe is given away it would help so much and would keep people a lot more at bay when a Warframe is given away.There would also be a lot less of spam, confusion and chaos within the region chat. If anyone reads this entire thing please try and share this thread however you can if you think my idea has potential. 

Edited by BGamer18
Someone wanted paragraphs

Just now, BansheePrime said:

Oh Damn, it’ll take up to a week to process for some people? Darn. Well at least I’ll get my free slot eventually.

It sucks yeah but then again they basically have to give that warframe to half a million accounts sooo its gonna take a while XD

Yep that's the kind of solution we were missing to a very predictable problem. I wasn't in region chat myself but I can easily imagine if it was anything like Twitch chat where the unending flood of queries about the item drops and promo codes effectively rendered chat unusable. At times the fear of missing out was like a mass hysteria driving up the channel spam to insane amounts. The lack of any pre-emptive contingency to the huge viewing numbers showed a surprising lack of foresight.

21 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

It’s weird though since I got the ephemera really fast.

It was said they were doing the drops in batches because of the volume so I guess you got lucky. I didn't get either drop yet and will just put it out of my mind for now. It will happen one way or another and I enjoyed the livestream itself too much to feel bummed out about waiting abit longer.

1 hour ago, Sabremouse said:

It was said they were doing the drops in batches because of the volume so I guess you got lucky. I didn't get either drop yet and will just put it out of my mind for now. It will happen one way or another and I enjoyed the livestream itself too much to feel bummed out about waiting abit longer.

Same, but there was likely less people watching the partner stream section. Less people means no overload on the servers. Unlike last year they seem confident that it'll be reasonably quick to distribute.

11 hours ago, Sabremouse said:

Yep that's the kind of solution we were missing to a very predictable problem. I wasn't in region chat myself but I can easily imagine if it was anything like Twitch chat where the unending flood of queries about the item drops and promo codes effectively rendered chat unusable. At times the fear of missing out was like a mass hysteria driving up the channel spam to insane amounts. The lack of any pre-emptive contingency to the huge viewing numbers showed a surprising lack of foresight.

@Sabremouse Region chat last night was pretty bad as you would expect. I just hope this can somehow get to DE eventually.