Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightwave Armor

Biscuithammer

As someone who missed out on the previous season I'd love to have the option of getting that Wolf of Saturn Six armor instead of that ugly looking infested shoulder thing. Is that armor coming back as something I can get? Or do I not really have to bother with this season?

That's a complicated one..... 

On the one hand it would probably be a good sales whoozle for them to bring it back at some point but on the other hand if they bring it back any time even remotely soon then the question "why should I bother with this Season of Nightwave when I can just buy (it doesn't have to be buy) the stuff I want in a month or two?" arises. Which defeats the point of Nightwave which is to ultimately drive up player engagement. 

Edited by Oreades

Steve has specifically stated that Nightwave cosmetics are not exclusive. We still don't know how. I personally had enough of Nightwave by the time intermission started so I also missed out on the Eidolon Epehemera. I suppose it will eventually be added to the Tridolon drop list as rare loot. Wolf of Saturn Six, however, who knows.

Seasons will rotate, so at some point it will come back. So far no one knows when though, but I imagine they want to run a season with each faction first, so don't expect it to return until next year. 

I personally dislike the idea of exclusivity. I feel like everyone should be able to obtain the items one way or another. I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault if they somehow missed out on a content. Imagine playing the game and the find out there’s an item you fancy so much but the realize that you will never be able to get it, it really kills your mood. 

I get that some people will feel like they worked so hard for something but then see ppl getting them “without effort”, and some people just want to feel special which I do get(?) but I don’t really like at especially at the cost of others’ loss. When I have an exclusive item, I am usually be glad when they gets re-released. Or when I had to grind near impossible drops only for them to become much easier to option later, while I may feel a bit regret of wasting a bit time, I think it’s better than the regrets of feeling “I started this game a week too late” or “I went to visit my family” or didn’t know the event’s existent to come back to the game which is something these people really didn’t have a choice of. I would also be glad that these people don’t need to grind as much as I had to.

I think they gonna give Baro "prisma" versions (or whatever) of the Nightwave armors and cosmetics, for the "not exclusive" bit so Nightwave veterans don't feel like they got cheated, because they'll have the "exclusive" "OG" "veteran" version (or whatever you wanna call it) 

22 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Steve has specifically stated that Nightwave cosmetics are not exclusive. We still don't know how. I personally had enough of Nightwave by the time intermission started so I also missed out on the Eidolon Epehemera. I suppose it will eventually be added to the Tridolon drop list as rare loot. Wolf of Saturn Six, however, who knows.

22 hours ago, Oreades said:

if they bring it back any time even remotely soon then the question "why should I bother with this Season of Nightwave when I can just buy (it doesn't have to be buy) the stuff I want in a month or two?" arises. Which defeats the point of Nightwave which is to ultimately drive up player engagement. 

I don’t like this idea since it would be more like blindly grinding to not miss out than actually enjoying the game. 

Idk, I find the “why bother if it will return and I can get it later” mentality sounds more prevalent on paper than in reality. Like the ones who got the nightwaves items are most likely the grinders, therefore they will grind anyways.  and as for the collectors, if they somehow missed it, they would be kind of put off, then it would be “Why bother playing the game? It’s not worth bothering to be so active all the time to not miss out”. And for those who are more casual and don’t bother grinding, because they love the reward so much, they grind for the specific rewards, then they’re just going to grind for that specific season anyways... And for these people, if they later find out that they missed out on their “dream reward”, if they will never be readded, they will be bothered by it for the rest of their Warframe life. In the end the so called player engagement is only able to appeal to grinders or people who love the reward and lucky enough to not missed out on it. I get that it is a grinding game, but I feel like players who like the game for other reasons or accidentally missed it shouldn’t be punished for it.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I think they gonna give Baro "prisma" versions (or whatever) of the Nightwave armors and cosmetics, for the "not exclusive" bit so Nightwave veterans don't feel like they got cheated, because they'll have the "exclusive" "OG" "veteran" version (or whatever you wanna call it) 

I don’t understand it when people feel cheated even when it means others joy. It’s not like everyone is going to wear the armor but the ones who actually like the armor...

22 hours ago, Tellakey said:

They did also mention the potential for them to be buyable in the store of future nightwave series. But yeah, it still hasn't been made clear how exactly this stuff is meant to return though DE was very explicit that they would at some point.