Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Deluxe skin 2019

.Mellow.

TL;DR old concepts dead, vermillion is a betrayal to embers character, do other users feel this way? can we have a legitimate artsy flame themed deluxe for ember?

I know that old half white half burnt one is dead in the water, but as a ember main since day one (love at first sight) vermillion was kinda disheartening. you got all these frames like nehza, ash, chroma, trinity, etc getting these artisan designed oriental themed skins with beautiful details that aren't just the typical filler (nehza being the best example). Even the less (for lack of a better term) "artistic" deluxe skins like atlas, vauban, limbo, and inaros are themed and unique, they stand out as very characteristic. yet vermillion has no fire, no theme, it looks like they fused plain ember and zephyr. wheres the fire? wheres the character? this looks less like a skin and more like a rejected vanilla frame design.

Just finished watching tennocon 2019 and I see all these new deluxe skins, ash getting essentially a second one 😕

I watch most dev streams when I can but we've all got jobs, and I can't tune into everything live. I hope I missed something, a passing comment,  or atleast hearsay as to why stream after stream I feel further betrayed as all these other frames that werent og, and sometimes even less popular get deluxe or pseudo deluxe skins. 

CAN WE PLEASE GET A EMBER DELUXE SKIN!

any other users feel like ember deluxe is overdue? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, svegurok said:

How is Vermillion a betrayal to Embers character. It is based on Cockatrice which is mythical fire creature.

didn't know it was based off cockatrice ty for telling me this, unfortunately gave it a quick google and I see more bird than "world on fire". ifrit, seraphim, phoenix, etc all have a presence of fire, and would match her theme a bit better dont you think? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Why? So she can look good getting dusty in my arsenal? lmao haven’t used ember since I knew how bad she was, doubt anyone hardly does, and if so it’s probably for fashion purposes. RIP

depends on how you use her or think shes supposed to be used tbh, shes still quite the fun frame.

3 hours ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

Ember's Vermilion Deluxe Skin is fine. Loki is the one who needs a new Deluxe. His Knave skin is meh

knave is a funny looking one ngl, feet frame. still has that artisan look to it tho a treatment most frames got not ember, fair to say both need one?  

4 minutes ago, .Mellow. said:

didn't know it was based off cockatrice ty for telling me this, unfortunately gave it a quick google and I see more bird than "world on fire". ifrit, seraphim, phoenix, etc all have a presence of fire, and would match her theme a bit better dont you think? 

depends on how you use her or think shes supposed to be used tbh, shes still quite the fun frame.

I found myself using guns 99% of the time and a lot of bandaid mechanics and a lot of lifesteal just to get her to push through level 80 stuff. Figured I’d just take revenant- slap on 2, and do some real DPS lmao

There were business disputes between the artist and DE, which lead to the skin (source of these disputes) being abandoned, and the artist declining from continuing to do contract work for DE.

In recent time though, DE had reconnected with this artist for the visual design of the Hildryn frame. I don't think the artist will fully reconnect with DE though, let alone continue the project that kick-started the grievances.

Best hope: a new Ember skin is included in the batch of new deluxe concepts.

On 2019-07-08 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)MyUnhealthyHobby said:

895.jpg 

You mean like this?

If so, this is what Ember’s Deluxe skin was supposed to originally look like.

thats the old dead concept unfortunately, don't think DE realized its left a hole in our hearts

11 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

There were business disputes between the artist and DE, which lead to the skin (source of these disputes) being abandoned, and the artist declining from continuing to do contract work for DE.

Just a correction there was no business dispute.  It was an artistic dispute, the art team made changes to his original design - something that right p'd him off, he got in a fight with the art team - he hit, they hit back harder and so he lost his job.  There was no declined contract either, he was flat out fired. 

• Like 1

I kind of, sort of... hate... all of you right now... everyone going on about second skins for frames... when there are frames from 2014 that don’t even have their first.

Now, I can understand DE previewing some second skins, ones for frames that got their original versions back before 2015, that’s kind of understandable, those frames have gone for five years without anything really new or at the quality that DE are now working at.

Yes some skins for some frames are not created equal. I’m not contesting that at all.

But since we’ve not cleared all of the frames from that era having even one deluxe, I get really annoyed every time people bring up yet another one that’s already had a skin getting a second.

It isn’t fair. Especially when a skin was actually announced for Zephyr in January of 2015, the same day that they released the Trinity Strega collection. Meanwhile no skin has ever been announced for Hydroid or Mirage at all.

I mean... Mirage... literally one of the more popular and, for a while, one of the most used frames in the game... She hasn’t had a whisper of a skin?

Hydroid unfairly treated, Mirage overshadowed by newer frames, and Zephyr trapped in the curse of the Designer’s Paradox.

This shall not stand!

Justice for Hydroid, Equality for Mirage, and Freedom for Zephyr!

Justice, Equality and Freedom!

[/soap box] 

• Like 1

So many other frames still haven't gotten a Deluxe and now everyone under the sun wan'ts a 2nd Deluxe..... thanks Nyx......

On 2019-07-07 at 12:02 PM, KiryuKusakabe said:

Ember's Vermilion Deluxe Skin is fine. Loki is the one who needs a new Deluxe. His Knave skin is meh

Maybe but it comes with some of the best Armor accessories in the game