Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

delete or change the "day trader" challenge from nightwave

Refticus

this is by far the worst challenge in nightwave; "Win 3 wagers in a row without letting the enemy score in one match of the index", the problem here is the "in a row", you have to get three perfect games which isn't always possible, even when you have people camping the enemy bank spot.

currently, this challenge promotes a very toxic atmosphere in the index, if you let one enemy cap then you're going to get people raging in the chat and you'll be experiencing host migration hell as people leave and join.

the solution is to either delete the challenge or remove the "in a row" segment, so you still build up progress on the challenge and don't lose it all because one enemy slipped past your defences and scored one point. preferably the modify option.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 2

I just go with a friend or two and play goalie with gara, frost or something at our area. Maybe trying to use recruit? I do it with alliance mates usually but I assume there are several groups out to get it right now.

As far as "worst", it's mostly subjective. To me the gild one is. The forma one is annoying as well, but at least I can wait on some new gear to forma with the catch up mechanic. I'll do the forma one with wukong prime and the gild one by just getting a mote amp, leveling it in ESO, gilding it, and be done with it. Boring and unnecessary as hell, but easy enough at least.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

i'd rather create another Tier or two of Task types so that Tasks like this can be sorted in a sort of 'challenge' Tier. Tier(s) that could offer Tasks that are actually somewhat difficult to achieve. as that kind of stuff is good Veteran content, and for those that aren't as confident in themselves, an idea of what 'the end goal' in terms of Player Progression&Skill could look like.

and you'll notice perhaps that there are multiple Tiers of Tasks already, and these Tiers do not predicate each other. meaning that additional Tiers of Tasks would not reduce what is already there, but offer extra goals on top. which would mean Nightwave could offer ""stretch goals"", but still keep the minimum bar where it is (technically lowering it since there would be more possible things to do, but either way it wouldn't prevent everybody from getting to Rank30 before the Season ends so long as they are active and participating. but those that want to go above and beyond would have goals that would be targeted towards them).

i'd want two Tiers added for that purpose, as i think 4 Tiers is the perfect number of them to have. then the weekly Tasks can offer 'easy', 'standard', 'hard', 'endurance/veteran/legendary" all simultaneously.
with Daily Tasks being effectively 'trivial' on the ladder of difficulty.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

This is actually pretty easy in a squad. I have 2 methods to deal with this:

• Play as Gara and camp the Tenno Goal. Mass Vitrify the immediate area around the goal and toss Hall of Mirrors out ahead of the goal to delay oncoming attackers and pick them off with the Opticor Vandal.
  • Camping with Khora and using double Strangle Dome and Ensnare to protect the goal.

Limbo is also effective but boring AF IMHO.

On 2019-07-07 at 1:15 PM, Refticus said:

[...]

currently, this challenge promotes a very toxic atmosphere in the index, if you let one enemy cap then you're going to get people raging in the chat and you'll be experiencing host migration hell as people leave and join.

[...]

Thanks for the warning. I'll never play that. I hate the Index. 👎

I do like this challenge. I think it is a cool challenge which requires a bit of preparation, and thought.

With that stated it is broken.

I have attempted it over a dozen times in the last 4 days, and Limbo and Gara have been all but denied usefulness. This is because the translocation enemies will teleport onto the goal if they happen to pick up a single point. Has happened literally 4 times out of the 12+ I have played.

Fix that, and I can fully support this challenge. (side note, I have gained well over 3 million credits with these mission and the tennocon credit booster)

• Like 1

It frustrates me because I solo Index.  I've met the requirements several times over throughout the years out of sheer dumb luck - so its not especially hard, but it becomes annoying when you actively go out to do it because its on your mind and you can't protect the goal post solo and bank at the same time.  

I was so happy they got rid of the "with friends" challenges... only to follow up with this actual crap.

I'll probably just skip it, since 7000 is unlikely to set me back super far in the long term, but it's still a nuisance.  People like me see tasks lists and check lists and feel compelled to complete them, and when put up against tasks like this, well, just annoying.

Another big reach around is that this challenge is bugged and known to be bugged.  It doesn't properly count the 3rd wave many times, even if the enemy doesn't score.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 6

Have got close but no cigar so far. I've managed 2 in a row on my own with a little luck, but never 3. Always some teleporter breaks my run so I doubt I'll get this completed, but it is fun to try. Squading up with randoms to trivialize it, not so much.

Those who have competent squadmates/clan mates will have an easy time with this.

Those of us who have to use the recruit channel will have a much harder time. Most randoms are completely stupid and have next to no experience in even playing Index. Even when you post pre-game to not let shards just sit on the ground. Collect and Capture. Thats it. Marking it runs the risk of the AI snatching it.

Then there's 2 different bugs i've encountered in the 20+ attempts at this challenge. One that doesn't count the third rotation as a score as someone previously stated, and the other where the host migrates and no NPCs spawn. You're just sitting there with the timer counting down.

I'd rather complete 10 rounds of Index with friends/clanmates... Or something else entirely. Alas, another boring step to get less than a handful of 'exclusive' items.

• Like 1