The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Tennocon trailer (heavy spoilers)

kebra

Now, that trailer is wonderful but makes no sense to people who've played the Second Dream. I mean, if I get things right, the Tenno girl escaping that Grineer unit uses Transference to get into a Warframe, if that's your selection screen as a new player. How could you find the Operator in that cocoon on the Moon then? Or will we have an explanation, a quest to make sense out of it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kebra said:

Now, that trailer is wonderful but makes no sense to people who've played the Second Dream. I mean, if I get things right, the Tenno girl escaping that Grineer unit uses Transference to get into a Warframe, if that's your selection screen as a new player. How could you find the Operator in that cocoon on the Moon then? Or will we have an explanation, a quest to make sense out of it?

The girl and the Grineer don't actually interact at any point, funnily enough. We see her running from them, yes. But when they arrive at the temple, they're just walking. Their guns aren't raised, and they say nothing. They don't even run when they 'chase' her.

All that said, the girl isn't actually there. That's one of the Tenno whose minds are currently wandering in a dream. She runs from the Grineer, powerless in her current state. And what does she find? A Warframe to give her power and help her defeat them. This pretty much just says that the Tenno's minds were just passively floating about the place during their sleep.

TL;DR: It's a metaphor.

16 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

I think the girl isent a tenno but maybe a ostron or something else?

She is definitely a Tenno. Her face has somatic markings on and she disappears when she's woken from her sleep; transferring into the Warframe.

Just to make sure it's clear: This is a trailer for the new beginning of the game. It's front-loading the big Second Dream reveal by putting a little hint that people won't be able to actually figure out the whole twist from, but they'll look back on it and think "oohhhh THAT'S what that was". That means there'll be a new beginning quest and re-balanced stuff for early progression and other bits.

Edited by iLightning13
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Yea I'm wondering how they'll tie this up with second dream, since it wouldn't be a surprise anymore

Maybe it will now become the first quest instead of Vor's prize?

Even then, that would make no sense, why and how would she end up in that cocoon and what's the point in having a screen where we can select what she looks like.. I feel sorry for pointing out inconsistencies, but once I've noticed them I couldn't wrap my head around it. Well, as implied by Sir_Carl, the effect of surprise was also part of what made that quest great. 

That said, I keep hope because DE seem to take care of the lore, let's hope it continues that way...

Anyhow, thanks for your input my fellow Tenno.

Edited by kebra

1 minute ago, kebra said:

Even then, that would make no sense, why and how would she end up in that cocoon and what's the point in having a screen where we can select what she looks like.. I feel sorry for pointing out inconsistencies, but once I've noticed them I couldn't wrap my head around it. Well, as said Sir_Carl, the effect of surprise was also part of what made that quest great. 

That said, I keep hope because DE seem to take care of the lore, let's hope it continues that way...

Anyhow, thanks for your input my fellow Tenno.

I'm sure DE haven't overlooked the inconsistencies so there might be some retconning. We should hope for the best :D

1 hour ago, kebra said:

That girl cannot be our Tenno globally, it's a pre-rendered trailer and our Tenno may not look like that or be female come the Second Dream.

It's possible it's supposed to be some other sleeping Tenno, seeing the carnage and gently waking us so that we can return to our Warframes, or our Tenno is dreaming and that girl is a dream-memory of someone else. Maybe she's one of the colonists who dies in the pool and we're seeing their void echo who wants us to stop that happening to anyone else.

Lots of possibilities, plents of ways it can make sense, the point is to not make concrete assumptions that are unsupported then assert than your own assumptions "don't make sense"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

the point is to not make concrete assumptions that are unsupported then assert than your own assumptions "don't make sense"

Well, I work with what they gave us, and you assert your own assumptions here, so yeah... on the other hand, I'm just asking questions.

1 hour ago, kebra said:

You left that part out, I noticed. :satisfied:

49 minutes ago, kebra said:

Well, I work with what they gave us, and you assert your own assumptions here, so yeah...

Well no, in the absense of enough information we propose things that might fill in the blanks. Asserting anything in that context is what gets us into the binds of "DE broke their own lore" that people claimed happened with Valkyr, Nova, hell... operators themselves, because people were asserting their headcanon on the topic and then stating that what came next "Doesn't make sense"

All I'm saying that that the language you used has gotten the players into trouble many many times before, people read a post like yours and assume that it "doesn't make sense" they then parrot it out as examples of DE's supposed "failures" and after 4+ years of that I get touchy about it.

I mean would it have been so hard to say "If X doesn't that contradict Y in the second dream?", that is a question. "makes no sense to people who've played the Second Dream" is an assertion and one that implies global agreement.

49 minutes ago, kebra said:

You left that part out, I noticed. :satisfied:

It didn't seem relevent to the assertion you were making.

Edited by SilentMobius

5 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I mean would it have been so hard to say "If X doesn't that contradict Y in second dream?", that is a question.

2 hours ago, kebra said:

How could you find the Operator in that cocoon on the Moon then? Or will we have an explanation, a quest to make sense out of it?

You're being very selective in your quoting here... 

Edited by kebra

(posted this in a related thread, but fits here too - fully expecting the threads to be merged, because this forum likes merging threads for some inexplicable reason)

From a person who knows the spoilers, to me...

We see Cetus / Earth / Plains of Eidolon featured prominently.
We see Grineer destroying a settlement, and a single person escaping. We learn that the Grineer are hunting down the last of the Tenno. (at least there seem to be some that never went to sleep.)
This one single person escapes and reaches an ancient orokin building where some Warframes were left to collect dust. (lost power, whatever, newbies don't know).
My impression of this part, was she was remembering stories she was told about the Tenno, and it was some ritualistic call for help. In this regard, the jewelry on her face could easily be attributed to being a priestess, or just fashion, or some techno-stuff in a sci-fi game. (if this person knew about the Lotus and her actions, the flowers could have been some sort of beacon tech to tell the Lotus to "Look here! I found something you might like.")

When the Grineer close in on her, and she disappears in that blue smoke, my immediate reaction/impression was that, Hey, that might be the Unum. The Quills are awoken Tenno. We already know the Unum is a "she" that Nora Night wants to know more about. The Unum leads the Quills, searching for artifacts and ancient orokin weapons, but "never leaves the tower".

Well, what if she does "leave" the tower, but only in operator void mode, that lets her just warp back to her tower real quick because that's where her Warframe is?

I always felt they were pushing toward making this "Unum" a more important character.

• Like 1

Assuming she is a tenno in the first place she's recalling escaping being slaughtered by grineer.  She then is wondering about the plains and seeing grineer triggers her survival instinct to run.  She eventually finds the temple and begins to recall Warframes doing warframe things.  Lotus then asks Tenno's to awaken and she hears it and thus "disappears" because she awakens else where.

From an outside perspective the slaughter in the beginning is a hint at the conflict between orokin and tenno.  The tenno perspective is to drop a hint about the second dream.  And the 3 frames sitting around and waking up when grineer are in the area is the revamped opening experience for a new player.  Minus Vor and his whole thing.

3 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

a Tenno, who is awaken from the deep slumber

Under water? To me it looks like she's a survivor of a Grineer attack but I could be wrong as someone pointed out that they seem to not see her... 

5 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

We can guess that the girl is expand her sight and track her claim - warframe - before get transferenced to one of the warframe.

And end up in a cocoon by some space magic trick, that's an option, but that'll need some explanations too. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

What if she does "leave" the tower, but only in operator void mode, that lets her just warp back to her tower real quick because that's where her Warframe is?

Yes, that's an interesting option... 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Lotus then asks Tenno's to awaken and she hears it and thus "disappears" because she awakens else where.

I knew I could count on you people to come with interesting takes on that.

Guess we'll have to wait to have our questions answered... :satisfied:

1 minute ago, kebra said:

I knew I could count on you people to come with interesting takes on that.

Guess we'll have to wait to have our questions answered... :satisfied:

The only thing I can't really come up with an answer for in regards to the idea I proposed is it doesn't explain the whole flower placing she does.  We could write off the action packed parts as ways to show off what these warframes are capable of.  (as in it's a device for the viewer and not part of the story being told.)  But not the flower placing.  It seems ritualistic.  Which would mean she's heard of these suits of metal.  But how could she know of them and be a tenno and NOT try to control one herself?  Because I don't see her kneeling as the grineer coming in as a way for her to try to connect to the frames in the room out of desperation.  (To me it was her accepting death.  Then she heard lotus.)

So yeah deff some questions.

Just now, kebra said:

Under water? To me it looks like she's a survivor of a Grineer attack but I could be wrong as someone pointed out that they seem to not see her... 

And end up in a cocoon by some space magic trick, that's an option, but that'll need some explanations too.

I think... the girl is not on the physical form at there. She only being there as a spiritual form, or only have some senses on there. And we know that the Tenno can see through the other place while leaving their actual body on the second dream or on orbiter.

So, my conclusion is, if she is a Tenno, her sight before banished is only represent that she is awaken in 'the womb in the sky', starting to aware of the distant area - that is near of the resting place, and she is get closer to the mind of warframe and make a somatic link. It seems the process to enter the second dream.

7 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

she is a Tenno, her sight before banished is only represent that she is awaken in 'the womb in the sky', starting to aware of the distant area - that is near of the resting place, and she is get closer to the mind of Warframe and make a somatic link. It seems the process to enter the second dream.

Yeah, that could make sense... as said Knight Raime:

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

deff some questions.