Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - forma and gild mission feedback

Aphyxia0

I like that a lot of effort went into the Nightwave season 2 for the missions and I believe the system really is better now than it was before. But... the two worst offenders are right there on week 1. Forma 3 times and gild 1 modular item. Now, for a normal player, these might be fine, but for a veteran who already has everything? I have nothing left to forma that I would really use and I have already built every modular item that there is. And no, I am not going to forma stuff that I'm never going to use or just build another zaw that I will be throwing away after this mission.

Maybe better alternatives would be to collect X million affinity on 3 separate gear and the same on a gilded item? Then veterans could also do them without wasting resources for nothing.

Now I know that I will still (hopefully) get all the rewards I want without doing these missions and the credit loss from possible prestige levels is not really important for me but still, as a perfectionist, I would like to see all the missions done. Thank you for the attention.

• Like 3

I've been more against them before than now tbh... As for the forma one, well, it doesn't annoy me so long as I have gear to forma (Wukong prime is this week's example). As for the gilding one, I may or may not do it. But I know how I'll do it. The fastest and effortless way possible, by just buying a mote amp and "leeching" in ESO from a Saryn (because it doesn't get much more "leeching" than being the weak operator who has an amp to kill only, which I dislike a lot).

Small and insignificant protest but hey, so long as I still get my standing.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

27 minutes ago, Aphyxia0 said:

I like that a lot of effort went into the Nightwave season 2 for the missions and I believe the system really is better now than it was before. But... the two worst offenders are right there on week 1. Forma 3 times and gild 1 modular item. Now, for a normal player, these might be fine, but for a veteran who already has everything? I have nothing left to forma that I would really use and I have already built every modular item that there is. And no, I am not going to forma stuff that I'm never going to use or just build another zaw that I will be throwing away after this mission.

Maybe better alternatives would be to collect X million affinity on 3 separate gear and the same on a gilded item? Then veterans could also do them without wasting resources for nothing.

Now I know that I will still (hopefully) get all the rewards I want without doing these missions and the credit loss from possible prestige levels is not really important for me but still, as a perfectionist, I would like to see all the missions done. Thank you for the attention.

I am in the same wagon as you, i really hate it when these two missions in particular show up for me.

The Three forma one at least isnt as bad as the Modular weapon one, i just wish it came in a week that had new content to level up and actually forma and luckily this weekend we got new Prime Gear.

Three Forma is not that bad but gilding weeapon is pretty annoying expesially when you have all modular weapons crafted already it just bad to make new weapon level it up gild it and then just throw it away because you dont need it

I'll second both of these, I don't like being forced to waste my resources. For everyone who says "skip it" that means I have less points, meaning I get less prestige tiers, meaning I have less points to spend in this mistake of a mode. Grindy missions are one thing, but making me throw my resources around just for the sake of a checkbox is absurd.

I agree that its a bad idea to be forced to spend resources simply for a checkbox. For Veterans that already have everything, there is no point for them while for new players that literally just started out, they are most likely unable to do those missions. I would prefer if missions were repeatable, but you could only get so many points per week, that way you could just pick and choose which one you enjoy most and simply do that.

18 hours ago, Aphyxia0 said:

gild 1 modular item.

This in particular I have an issue with. I've done every modular item in the game at this point. I'm now having to retread ground for something I really don't need and takes up an inventory slot that I'm just going to trash after I get done. The forma one I have less of an issue with due to the sheer number of weapons I have and that fact that I don't use 75% of them. I can just toss a forma onto a few things I don't use and be done with it.

The only nitpick thing I have to say about this is the relative access people have to it at either end of the spectrum (that being new players and veterans) new players won't necessarily won't have the resources and possibly the know-how to find the modular items and get the resources to build them (although I understand that this is to guide new players to these options) and Veterans who have already completed everything sometimes several times over. That being said as a middle of the pack in terms of gear and time played I think it's a pretty good addition.

21 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

isnt as bad as the Modular weapon one

17 hours ago, Etikim said:

but gilding weeapon is pretty annoying

3 hours ago, Cortanis said:

This in particular I have an issue with.

Let's be honest. 30 Waves of Defense is much more annoying and time consuming than this one.

I always buying a Cyath, Shtung and a Ruhang each 1k Standing + 5k Gilding. 

You have to wait an hour to craft (which is the most "annoying" part). Then a 5 minute Adaro (Hydron/ESO) run and your weapon is maxed. Back to Hok, gilding and instantly selling it for another 3,5k Standing. 

This challenge costs you 4,5k Standing (one Bounty or some fish/ores) and a couple of resources most of us have thousands of