Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender swap on all frames

Can we get gender swap for frames? For example, making Ember Prime from female to male in arsenal options. Or changing from male Wukong to female Wukong and etc.

I wanted a fire male frame for a while (Nezha doesn't count, I like the abilities of Ember way more). Would help for the players that play only frames who have their own gender, for the immersion. Or for roleplay.

• Like 1

That would mean having to make twice as many in game models for warframes.

Why would they ever use that much time on something almost no one cares about instead of making new content?

Also if you've completed The Second Dream you'd know the gender of your Warframe is about as relevant as the gender of your Nikana.

Edited by Maqabir
  • Like 14

They talked about that in the past, they said they are not going to just do gender swaps. As time goes on they might reuse a theme like say another ice frame and it be female but the powers would be different and it would be its own thing not just "girl frost".

• Like 2

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Grimmaldy:

Are you kidding?!? You are not "wearing" your warframe. Only your consciousness drives the frame. It is only a tool we use to defend the origin system. What that tool looks like is irrelevant.

Quite literally the worst take on fashion frame.

20 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Nekros - Nekrosina

Nova - Nov

Excalibur - Excalibura

Saryn - Sarynov

Nezha - Nezha 

Lotus-Lothar, Clem-Clementine, Grakata-Grakatrina. 

😄

For Nova, Neo might make sense as a name with all the time-slowing.

Edited by kgabor

They've talked about this, they originally planned to have both male and female skins for each frame but they decided to scrap that idea because it would've been way too much extra work.

Some of the alternative models were actually finished. Female Excalibur became Nyx, Ember was male in some of the very early versions of the closed beta:

WBtfUUs.jpg

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Maqabir said:

Why would they ever use that much time on something almost no one cares about instead of making new content?

Also if you've completed The Second Dream you'd know the gender of your Warframe is about as relevant as the gender of your Nikana.

Sorry but my Nikana is a refined lady u,.,u

Don't mind me but spoilers sorta...

I got the distinct feeling from the writers each frame is basically a shrine of hatred and contempt for the Dax soldier/Orokin civilian' male or female who ran afoul of Ballas...I don't think there's a female Rhino or Male Ember..due to them being at one time actual living humans who are now long dead or they are Master (Umbra) Molds sealed away somewhere while copies are now mass produced in a 3-d printer with their personalities quarks lensed so a Operator can cast void energy to reflect that personality trait into an actual defensive or offensive power...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

2 hours ago, Maqabir said:

Edited 1 hour ago by Maqabir

they could change how they do tennogen.  most frames have the same base model across the genders and all frames are the same height (expecily true for early non primes) I personally wouldn't mind that but I agree that DE are not the ones that should be doing it leave that for community.  

also very true

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Both parts of equinox are female

I think the point he is making is that Equinox day form looks unequivocally male and night female. Also it is obvious that the only reason Equinox is fully female is because DE didn't want to deal with certain people freaking out over a gender swapping frame, despite how her changing between male and female would make far more sense thematically than just keeping her female in all forms.

Edited by Bioness

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Grimmaldy:

True Tenno care not about FASHION!! Only in defending the Origin System from it's enemy's. I care not what my frame looks like, as long as I return covered in blood.

This ain't the Role Playing part of the forum my dude.

32 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they could change how they do tennogen.  most frames have the same base model across the genders and all frames are the same height (expecily true for early non primes) I personally wouldn't mind that but I agree that DE are not the ones that should be doing it leave that for community.  

also very true

291?cb=20141124023302291?cb=20141124023126

293?cb=20160822154359latest?cb=20190308054142

Yeah, completely the same...

I am going to blow your mind in a bit. down load blender and take all the extra bits off of a frame's model they all will look a lot more similar than you might expect.  
Oberon has no solders without the armor and Valk looks like a normal frame with out all of the added corpus damage.   trust me under all of the cosmetics there are very few mecanical/ bone differences between the frames to make animations easier. I would bet money that hildrin and rhino use the same base model  same goes ofor many of the more similar looking frames that or they started as one of the other frames before the base model was edited (Obeorn looks an excal form the waist up) all of Oberon's bulk is from his armor until you get to his hooves.  limbo and nezha could share a base model

unknown.png

note that Oberon has veary small parts rhino's bulk could be entirely added armor same with hildrin  and some other frames nehsa is mostlikely the most basic frame hence his girlish look.  

• Like 1