Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Prime Warframes And Weapons?

InsaneAction

Please hear me out before you jump down and post a reply...

I have hundred of hours and dollars invested in this game and love playing it. I've farmed many items/mods and have almost every WarFrame and Weapon...

With the release of Mag Prime and all of the recent Prime Weapons I'm starting to wonder why I bother... Why would you make a WarFrame or Weapon just to wait a few weeks/months and release a "better" version of it. Thus making the item I've spent many of hours to farm for and level look like a red headed step-child? I mean why would I want to play with a Mag when there's a Mag Prime? Why would I want to use a Boar when there's a Boar Prime?

By releasing Prime versions of WarFrames and Weapons you are, in effect, making all of my past grinding worthless in my eyes...

What I propose is rather than having the Prime version be an entire new entity make them a modifier in the version of a Skin, or something to that effect.

The "Prime Skin" could be farmed for just as you would anything else but rather than replacing the Warframe/Weapon you've spent all those hours grinding for/with it would enhance them.

Let's be honest, when Forma came into the game the main "want" of a Prime WF was gone... When the Aura item added mod cap it was even further reduced... It use to be getting that Prime WF or Weapon meant you get that extra polarity slot making it even stronger than its non-primed counterpart...

In closing I beg of you to reconsider the path you're taking with releasing all of these Prime versions before it's to late.

There's no TL:DR, quit being lazy and read it....

I have hundred of hours and dollars invested in this game and love playing it. I've farmed many items/mods and have almost every WarFrame and Weapon...

With the release of Mag Prime and all of the recent Prime Weapons I'm starting to wonder why I bother... Why would you make a WarFrame or Weapon just to wait a few weeks/months and release a "better" version of it. Thus making the item I've spent many of hours to farm for and level look like a red headed step-child? I mean why would I want to play with a Mag when there's a Mag Prime? Why would I want to use a Boar when there's a Boar Prime?

By releasing Prime versions of WarFrames and Weapons you are, in effect, making all of my past grinding worthless in my eyes...

What I propose is rather than having the Prime version be an entire new entity make them a modifier in the version of a Skin, or something to that effect.

The "Prime Skin" could be farmed for just as you would anything else but rather than replacing the Warframe/Weapon you've spent all those hours grinding for/with it would enhance them.

Let's be honest, when Forma came into the game the main "want" of a Prime WF was gone... When the Aura item added mod cap it was even further reduced... It use to be getting that Prime WF or Weapon meant you get that extra polarity slot making it even stronger than its non-primed counterpart...

In closing I beg of you to reconsider the path you're taking with releasing all of these Prime versions before it's to late.

I too have farmed materials, BPs, and spent hours enhancing them.

I still have no issue with Primes. They look different. That's literally the only difference aside from the polarity, which you can create. If it disturbs you so much that you don't have it, then get it. If not, great, you saved your forma and hours. They aren't, as you say, "better".

Side note, Prime's should have better stats, if only slightly. Just saying.

-snap-

So your complaint about Prime warframes is a subjectively more pretty skin invalidates hours of grinding? What?

Honestly, I just consider the prime frames another way to get the frame in question if you don't want to grind it out the traditional way.

But the skin idea is fine. It's the most logical way to do "slightly different/better version of the former", and I don't quite comprehend why DE hasn't done it before.

Edited by NotBot

I understand what you're saying but this is part of the beta process in my opinion. With weapons it seems like DE is actually just now starting to pay attention and think about how they are going to be releasing the "best of the best" weapons. I was sad when my potatoed and 5 times forma'd Gorgon all of the sudden became inferior to the new corpus clan tech version, but it happened. Then when they added auras I kicked myself for putting forma into several warframes because all of the sudden it didn't matter (although my potatoe'd Ember with 2 formas was pretty viscous before the nerf).

In any case, my hope is that they're going to be closely tying good weapons to mastery rank so that you'll have to go through the weapons most vets did in order to get to the best in the game weapons but only time will tell.  Anyway all I'm saying is that it sucks, but I truly believe that it's part of the growing pains of the game and unfortunately at times, those of us who have been here a while are going to suffer because of it.

What you're suggesting sounds just like what's been tossed around on the forums already a hundred times.

I too have farmed materials, BPs, and spent hours enhancing them.

I still have no issue with Primes. They look different. That's literally the only difference aside from the polarity, which you can create. If it disturbs you so much that you don't have it, then get it. If not, great, you saved your forma and hours. They aren't, as you say, "better".

Side note, Prime's should have better stats, if only slightly. Just saying.

Excalibur Prime does have Stats that are "better" than his non-primed counterpart...

Their looks are not the "only" thing that are different... They start with another polarity slot and they receive energy boost in the Void.

At no time did I say "it disturbs me that I don't have it", I said it's not a very well thought out path to take...

Please read something before you reply, your post has added nothing to this discussion other than showing your lack of knowledge...

I like the idea of having skins instead of another warframes, it would make more sense to keep trying get those, and you wouldnt waste formas, and reactors/catalysts in your previous gear - there are also ppl who strugle if to put the work in weapon, when there will be prime version of it.

Excalibur Prime does have Stats that are "better" than his non-primed counterpart...

Their looks are not the "only" thing that are different... They start with another polarity slot and they receive energy boost in the Void.

At no time did I say "it disturbs me that I don't have it", I said it's not a very well thought out path to take...

Please read something before you reply, your post has added nothing to this discussion other than showing your lack of knowledge...

I did read it.

Excal Prime is the exception, and you have to pay for him. I'm pretty sure no other Primes are different stat wise.

I did not, however, know that Primes get an energy boost in the void. All the more reason it shouldn't be a skin.

Also, if you would have bothered to read mine, you would have noticed that I said aside from a polarity, which you can create.

I did read it.

Excal Prime is the exception, and you have to pay for him. I'm pretty sure no other Primes are different stat wise.

I did not, however, know that Primes get an energy boost in the void. All the more reason it shouldn't be a skin.

Also, if you would have bothered to read mine, you would have noticed that I said aside from a polarity, which you can create.

You've just furthered my proof that you are adding nothing to this conversation... Thanks...

Forum status: Jimmies rustled 

Now then I don't really get whats the problem aside from energy boost in the void here with primes.You could just forma your regular frame and boom its the same besides that tiny boost in the void. And don't give me that I have to grind for forma crap its less painful then grinding the prime version and for that energy boost add an energy siphon. This is my personal opinion though.

And also I see a lot of more jimmies rustled in the future of this forum post. 

Edited by alphex