Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year, but if not, does anyone know when it's release date is? I say this mainly because I fear there might be another content drought like the one before the jovian Concord and even before that. Thank you for your time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

does anyone know when it's release date is?

DE never said. Other new content is due out around the end of the year though. It looked reasonably far along, so it might be out in a couple of months, but that’s just a guess.

• Like 1

Soon (TM) x'D

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE never said. Other new content is due out around the end of the year though. It looked reasonably far along, so it might be out in a couple of months, but that’s just a guess. 

Wrong!
New "big" content is usually relased in one in three periods of the year.
There is a chance to Empyrean in nearby 2 months.
Around the end of year, we get New War (x-mass '19)

Edited by Rin-senpai
  • Like 1

Depends on how scripted it was. By that, I mean were they doing an actual mission (with some minor tweaks or removed RNG for display purpose) at any point, or were they running through a pre-made setpiece? Because one is a preview of a near-finished product, the other is showing off a protoype.

If it's the former, Soontm of the highest order. If it's the latter, then possibly alongside New War. It's a mix of the two to some degree it seems - we know it's not as scripted as last years, because that wouldn't make any sense - last year's was literally a prototype held together with Duct Tape. But we know there's some - if nothing else, the Duviri reveal component. However, overall, a lot of what we saw seems a bit more viable to be in-game chatter than Fortuna and PoE's 'story' segments.

11 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Depends on how scripted it was. By that, I mean were they doing an actual mission (with some minor tweaks or removed RNG for display purpose) at any point, or were they running through a pre-made setpiece? Because one is a preview of a near-finished product, the other is showing off a protoype.

If it's the former, Soontm of the highest order. If it's the latter, then possibly alongside New War. It's a mix of the two to some degree it seems - we know it's not as scripted as last years, because that wouldn't make any sense - last year's was literally a prototype held together with Duct Tape. But we know there's some - if nothing else, the Duviri reveal component. However, overall, a lot of what we saw seems a bit more viable to be in-game chatter than Fortuna and PoE's 'story' segments.

We know the railjack we saw last tennocon was a premade setpiece to follow the fortuna reveal. This most recent showing was said on stage to be “pulled from last nights dev build” which seems to imply its just a normal mission, which hints at the release being sooner then later

il y a 1 minute, ShadowHunter443 a dit :

It is almost finished.Im pretty sure.They need some more time tho to fix bugs and you may noticed a lot of changes.Now @Alpha56 Are you sure that is release date?If you can please tell us where did you find it.

Well, i really don't know, but in my mind it could be this month or early August. Seems pretty finished, polished.

Will see, just my speculation.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

We know the railjack we saw last tennocon was a premade setpiece to follow the fortuna reveal. This most recent showing was said on stage to be “pulled from last nights dev build” which seems to imply its just a normal mission, which hints at the release being sooner then later

My two cents is that the first mission, with the derelict, was a straight-up normal misson. I'm slightly more divided about the Kuva Lich one though since that had more elements you'd typically see in such a showcase - specifically, it had a fair bit more dialogue, that whole 'you can't use the recall' thing near the end, and especially the ending part + the Fish Team segment, what with the cutscene and  'meanwhile, elsewhere in the system' fade outs. 

Still, you're right, it does seem to be a lot less of a setpiece than it was before, especially if I'm right about the first mission so I'm quite optimistic.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

My two cents is that the first mission, with the derelict, was a straight-up normal misson. I'm slightly more divided about the Kuva Lich one though since that had more elements you'd typically see in such a showcase - specifically, it had a fair bit more dialogue, that whole 'you can't use the recall' thing near the end, and especially the ending part + the Fish Team segment, what with the cutscene and  'meanwhile, elsewhere in the system' fade outs. 

Still, you're right, it does seem to be a lot less of a setpiece than it was before, especially if I'm right about the first mission so I'm quite optimistic.

Well, i think the kuva lich segment was scripted because it transitioned into the planes of diviri, which isnt going to happen naturally id assume. 

Same way as to how fortuna reveal ended with a transition to railjack, even while scripted we got fortuna that november, so its quite likely railjack is the same idea. Even with the scripted part it will be before this year, dare I say before the new war

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Well, i think the kuva lich segment was scripted because it transitioned into the planes of diviri, which isnt going to happen naturally id assume. 

Same way as to how fortuna reveal ended with a transition to railjack, even while scripted we got fortuna that november, so its quite likely railjack is the same idea. Even with the scripted part it will be before this year, dare I say before the new war

Scripted yes, though less so than Fortuna I'd say. Fortuna judging from what we know now and the fact the bounty select didn't change between the two select menus, was probably entirely a façade, with no actual bounty or mission running - basically they set the demo up to be the 'default' worldstate, so the bounties they took weren't actually real. And the Railjack segment, as we know now, was basically just smoke and mirrors held together by duct tape and prayers.

Current one is, at a slightly spitballed estimate, 75% ish done? Done enough for the core systems to be in place so they can be used as the basis for a preview, but not the other stuff - or individual systems are all together but not hooked up to each other and confirmed to play nice, or some such situation.

Given the nature of the Shadow of War Nemesis system that Kuva Lich is literally copied from, Dialogue variety will be rather important for the system's Success.  I REALLY hope Rebecca understands this. It's Better they Say more and it Varies more across the types of Kingpins you can encounter, if you really want them to Stick. Dialogue Matters. If you are using the same lines for more then 2 Lichs in a row, you made a mistake.

Looks like it will be within 3 months from now for PC at the latest I would wager.  Consoles a month to a month and a half later or so after PC gets it.  Probably going to get more information on the next devstream potentially, but that's really all we know is what they tell us in their devstreams (tennocon is just a big devstream really.)  

• Like 1