Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

25 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes and IIRC the "leak" or as quoted "datamine" it was just planted there to try "troll/toy and poke the bear" of the people who did such and rightfully so, there was a HUGE thing behind it, that there's no need to into but the point is: It was put there on purpose and when Umbra was first announced, it was treated with disrespect.

So really, this is invalid, I'm afraid.

Evidence? Because to my knowledge, they implemented a ton of 'no datamining' rules after that. If datamining was part of their plan and was good for their publicity, why would they do that?

Occams Razor - what's the simpler answer? That DE conspired to get a bit more publicity, including bad press (in the age of 'the twitter effect') then covered it up in such a way that they couldn't pull such a supposedly-lucrative move again? Or that they, in response to having their big new thing get spoiled, delayed it to try and reduce the damage? Consider also that some of the dialogue does still carry over, occasionally in new contexts. Ordis's line "more like ship fail-bot', which was originally in the context of him failing to stop some errant, damaging code - a context that makes far more sense than when we hear it in the quest proper, since in the final version he doesn't really have anything to blame himself for, our inability to cut the link was our fault. That line shows evidence of being repurposed to save money and time, despite it not fitting as well.

There's being realistically cynical, and then there's being a conspiracy theorist.

29 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You saw how the War Within got delayed and it's as simple as that, the train-wreck behind it was not solely-based on the datamine, that was just icing on the cake, if it was released as it should've been, then perhaps the whole "big controversy" would've never happened 

IMO if this keeps going the way it's going to, its not long until time repast itself 

Obviously, yes, TWW wasn't just the Datamine, but it was one of the many elements that contributed to it. No, releasing it sooner wouldn't have fixed anything about the controversy. 'Releasing it as it should've been' wasn't on the table because TWW was largely a story event that had the story spoiled. Not exactly good for Warfame. Let's not forget that many of the folks in DE do, in fact, care for the medium as a whole. Remember how Steve literally advertised for a different game that one time and didn't put in any advertising for Warframe during it? That's not exactly something you do if you only care about your bottom line, since every other game is, at least in some way, a competitor. That in turn means they probably care quite a bit about delivering a good experience, at least enough to follow the old adage "A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever."

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

There's being realistically cynical, and then there's being a conspiracy theorist.

Maybe your right, but I've always stayed safe by being cynical and day after day, they have shown the lack of trust and care of making their game (just see how meny content guys left and how heated the others are). Now ofc that's THEIR feelings so, it's not really applied here, but it's surely not giveing me hope anytime soon.

I don't really have "proof" of you so will, as you call it, but the big thing behind it and how they treated it (and past things, like mods) you have to understand why I am so Cynical

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

old adage "A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever."

Yes, but "eventually" and that eventually is so slow that people have been giveing up hope, We all kown excaly why the TWW was delayed and you seen the damage it did, they reapted over and over how "it won't happen again" but, guess what, it did and it still is. Why give a RD (Dec for New War) when you kown for a FACT that it will be delayed?, why hype something, when its going to be out in 3 years?. to try milk the playerbase?

I don't kown about this other game Steve showed, but that's just moving onto other games and such, tho for some reason its taken as a "Joke" cuz of what the posts been saying "it's healthy to take breaks, I still feel bad tho", What I don't understand is (or maybe we're not suppose to) is how "brushed over" this whole thing is 3 people legit quit and the others have really shown how much they've had enough. Maybe again, its just part of being cynical but that whuold scare me to start talking and damage controlling the game, to make sure no one just right-out leaves 

So sure, maybe they do, but why do the hype over and over, give us dates or "this year for sure" "this week for sure" etc?, the Jovian Concord was suppose to be released the week it said, but got delayed to the next, we're in the middle of September already and The New War is in Dec (that's only 11 weeks...) to get out Railjack and New War. And we have't even got the Drydock/Ship rework that was said to be out BEFORE.

So yes, I am very realistically cynical and for good reason. tho you being a conspiracy theorist. I will like to kown your feelings on me being as so as so

15 hours ago, Loza03 said:

old adage "A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever."

Duke Nukem Forever.

I know things like that are the exception and not the rule, but the old adage has them.

Not that I expect Empyrean to be bad or anything, maybe bursting with bugs, but not bad.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe your right, but I've always stayed safe by being cynical and day after day, they have shown the lack of trust and care of making their game (just see how meny content guys left and how heated the others are). Now ofc that's THEIR feelings so, it's not really applied here, but it's surely not giveing me hope anytime soon.

I don't really have "proof" of you so will, as you call it, but the big thing behind it and how they treated it (and past things, like mods) you have to understand why I am so Cynical

This is way outside the realm of what a Warframe message board, but speaking from my knowledge as a second-year psychology student, that's usually not a very healthy mindset to be in,

In terms of how you treated it, no I don't particularly understand the assumption that it's a fake leak. They do happen, but usually in a far more calculated fashion, and that means, just like with fake leaks, you can figure it out with a reasonable degree. Example in the spoiler since it's not 100% relevant:

Spoiler

Image result for Bionicle reboot leak

This leak, to me, is most likely an intentionally-leaked image The image is clearly industry-quality, but if the person had access to such industry-quality promotional photos, why was it printed in black-and-white? There doesn't seem to be much reason for an image which is supposedly bouncing around corporate for a proposed advertising element without including such details Why onto paper then having a picture taken of it and not a photocopy or even a screencap, assuming they printed it themselves - which in turn lets the quality be high enough people can instantly identify the brand but not any of the details and thus would still be interested in any news about said details? Lastly, from what I remember, talking about this was A-OK, even on the relevant message boards. Lego was surprisingly cool with discussing a leaked release for a new - and incredibly hyped - reboot.

The quest leak, however, didn't have this kind of inconsistency. It provided lots of information which would spoil the product for many people in the form of crucial details of plot twists and was found from a reputable source (the files) where it had reason to exist in the form displayed. And more importantly, the aforementioned crackdown on any discussion of datamined or leaked content. That's the important part - DE actively inhibiting discussion of leaks, which makes no sense if they want to use them for promotion, to get people to talk about the product.

I'm not saying all companies should be treated with this amount of good will, because many don't. But as I've said before, there's a world of difference between EA and DE, and treating all companies the same regardless of how positive or negative is usually not a good idea as it rarely reflects the truth.

Yes, but "eventually" and that eventually is so slow that people have been giveing up hope, We all kown excaly why the TWW was delayed and you seen the damage it did, they reapted over and over how "it won't happen again" but, guess what, it did and it still is. Why give a RD (Dec for New War) when you kown for a FACT that it will be delayed?, why hype something, when its going to be out in 3 years?. to try milk the playerbase?

One of the ways they tried to avoid a repetition of TWW fiasco was to not give release dates. Game development is an incredibly bumpy road, and most release dates are usually given, at best, in a projection of a smooth development road. Warframe, by it's nature is a very buggy game - among the many reasons being that the engine was originally built for a single-player game - and thus such smooth projections are useless. DE still show off new stuff because they try to be transparent with their playerbase. It's as much a 'this is what we're working on' as much as a 'get hyped this is coming SOON' situation. Releasing promotional material is what's really hyping something.

This has been their pattern for several years now. Don't give release dates, don't give release windows, just talk about the development. But with the New War, and only the New War, they are breaking that pattern. Logically, if there is an anomaly of this nature, there is probably a reason for it. If DE are confident about the release window of this one element and just as hazy about everything else, then they probably have reason for that confidence.

I don't kown about this other game Steve showed, but that's just moving onto other games and such, tho for some reason its taken as a "Joke" cuz of what the posts been saying "it's healthy to take breaks, I still feel bad tho", What I don't understand is (or maybe we're not suppose to) is how "brushed over" this whole thing is 3 people legit quit and the others have really shown how much they've had enough. Maybe again, its just part of being cynical but that whuold scare me to start talking and damage controlling the game, to make sure no one just right-out leaves 

Frankly, Steve treating leaving customers as kind of blasé despite being pretty high up is also indicative of someone doing this for the art, and not the dollar. Influential customers leaving your game and dropping your revenue is bad for the bottom line, but someone not liking your art is par for the course. Plus, it's not like he's not seen this kind of thing before in Warframe and beyond - I wouldn't frankly be surprised if he's done it as part of other games communities in the past.

The other game was Sekiro, by the way. He played the Shamisen flute for the E3 reveal.

So sure, maybe they do, but why do the hype over and over, give us dates or "this year for sure" "this week for sure" etc?, the Jovian Concord was suppose to be released the week it said, but got delayed to the next, we're in the middle of September already and The New War is in Dec (that's only 11 weeks...) to get out Railjack and New War. And we have't even got the Drydock/Ship rework that was said to be out BEFORE.

As I said before, the New War is probably in a situation where they can confidently bring it out in the window, otherwise they'd have treated it like everything else around it. As for us only having 11 weeks left of this year - a lot can happen in 11 weeks. That's a couple of months, the kind of timeframe the Sacrifice quest was made in. From what we've seen, DE seems to have the really hard part out of the way, which is actually making the Railjack itself work. The rest might be time-consuming, but also a lot easier to section up and bring out over time. The big hurdle is the Railjack itself, since you can't exactly just bring out the movement and not the weapons, or the missions and not the ship.

They said they'd release the Drydock a week or two before - enough time for clans to get ready for it. That means that its absence is indicative only that we can't expect it next week. In other words, its absence really doesn't mean all that much.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 1

More importantly, what will be the order of the updates.?

-Grendel comes with Empyrean or standalone? New non-prime frame supposed to come in November.

-Atlas comes in October. With our without Empyrean?

So either they target atlas p. Or Grendel for Empyrean release.

Edited by 40PE

29 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Duke Nukem Forever.

I know things like that are the exception and not the rule, but the old adage has them.

Not that I expect Empyrean to be bad or anything, maybe bursting with bugs, but not bad.

Oh true. I could raise you Mighty Number 9 if I wanted, since that's another fantastic example.

I'm not sure about Duke Nukem, but Mighty was plagued by poor development and management issues the whole way through and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility Forever was too. I don't imagine any number of delays could fix that.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Oh true. I could raise you Mighty Number 9 if I wanted, since that's another fantastic example.

I'm not sure about Duke Nukem, but Mighty was plagued by poor development and management issues the whole way through and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility Forever was too. I don't imagine any number of delays could fix that.

There are multiple pseudo documentaries on Youtube about Forever's problems if you ever are bored and have time to waste, it is like a trainwreck, you just can't look away at how bad those two games turned out.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

This is way outside the realm of what a Warframe message board, but speaking from my knowledge as a second-year psychology student, that's usually not a very healthy mindset to be in,

In terms of how you treated it, no I don't particularly understand the assumption that it's a fake leak. They do happen, but usually in a far more calculated fashion, and that means, just like with fake leaks, you can figure it out with a reasonable degree. Example in the spoiler since it's not 100% relevant:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for Bionicle reboot leak

This leak, to me, is most likely an intentionally-leaked image The image is clearly industry-quality, but if the person had access to such industry-quality promotional photos, why was it printed in black-and-white? There doesn't seem to be much reason for an image which is supposedly bouncing around corporate for a proposed advertising element without including such details Why onto paper then having a picture taken of it and not a photocopy or even a screencap, assuming they printed it themselves - which in turn lets the quality be high enough people can instantly identify the brand but not any of the details and thus would still be interested in any news about said details? Lastly, from what I remember, talking about this was A-OK, even on the relevant message boards. Lego was surprisingly cool with discussing a leaked release for a new - and incredibly hyped - reboot.

The quest leak, however, didn't have this kind of inconsistency. It provided lots of information which would spoil the product for many people in the form of crucial details of plot twists and was found from a reputable source (the files) where it had reason to exist in the form displayed. And more importantly, the aforementioned crackdown on any discussion of datamined or leaked content. That's the important part - DE actively inhibiting discussion of leaks, which makes no sense if they want to use them for promotion, to get people to talk about the product.

I'm not saying all companies should be treated with this amount of good will, because many don't. But as I've said before, there's a world of difference between EA and DE, and treating all companies the same regardless of how positive or negative is usually not a good idea as it rarely reflects the truth.

Touch'e

EA I'm sure will stay it's ground and I can only pray that DE as an whole (as in Digital Extremes, not "Warframe") don't ever touch that type of ground, even tho some things that have been showing, are touching the water with toes, is starting to break in the cracks.

The issue I have is, that so meny people (and it's clearly proven) have far too much Goodwill (or I'm just a stubborn git, ah yes being Brit does that chap) But with content after content this year, that's mostly been Plat Based Items (The Skins and such) and only a small Mainline (in terms of content, not data and ready files). Guass/Weps (farmed already I can only guess) and the new Disruption died upon release, with the removal of Umbra thingy and the Medallion not being turely univ. But that's a topic for another day, so lets leave it as that.

As cynical as this sounds, I don't think we'll be getting anything Railjack related this Step or Oct. But they can always prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

One of the ways they tried to avoid a repetition of TWW fiasco was to not give release dates. Game development is an incredibly bumpy road, and most release dates are usually given, at best, in a projection of a smooth development road. Warframe, by it's nature is a very buggy game - among the many reasons being that the engine was originally built for a single-player game - and thus such smooth projections are useless. DE still show off new stuff because they try to be transparent with their playerbase. It's as much a 'this is what we're working on' as much as a 'get hyped this is coming SOON' situation. Releasing promotional material is what's really hyping something.

This has been their pattern for several years now. Don't give release dates, don't give release windows, just talk about the development. But with the New War, and only the New War, they are breaking that pattern. Logically, if there is an anomaly of this nature, there is probably a reason for it. If DE are confident about the release window of this one element and just as hazy about everything else, then they probably have reason for that confidence.

That's ture and as said before, I do hope this "Train" to put it that way, stops, as over time, it's "Hype" is gonna be the only factor that keeps such a great game alive (and of course the Loyalists) or "Losers" as Reb joked with 😄

But all this "Soon" and "Hype" in truth, can only get you so far, IMO, If say I did work in a compney, I';ll only Hype something as big as Railjack, when it's either weeks or alteast a month away from RD. While giveing out minor stuff (Like an Warframe/Quest/etc). But once again, this is another can of worms I kinda want to avoid opening. 

At some point, it's gonna have to stop, but all in all, I think at the end of the day, no matter how either the player-base or compney does, no one wil be happy (if they where, oh boy, this whuold cure everything)

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Frankly, Steve treating leaving customers as kind of blasé despite being pretty high up is also indicative of someone doing this for the art, and not the dollar. Influential customers leaving your game and dropping your revenue is bad for the bottom line, but someone not liking your art is par for the course. Plus, it's not like he's not seen this kind of thing before in Warframe and beyond - I wouldn't frankly be surprised if he's done it as part of other games communities in the past.

The other game was Sekiro, by the way. He played the Shamisen flute for the E3 reveal.

I can only agree really, but maybe it's just me but how Blase it is, just feels like the worst case for me, but maybe I worry to much (I tend to do that), As for the flute thing, i am PETTY sure that is not really Steve, just a guy who looks just like him (I can't tell tho, I think it got confirmed somewhere)

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

As I said before, the New War is probably in a situation where they can confidently bring it out in the window, otherwise they'd have treated it like everything else around it. As for us only having 11 weeks left of this year - a lot can happen in 11 weeks. That's a couple of months, the kind of timeframe the Sacrifice quest was made in. From what we've seen, DE seems to have the really hard part out of the way, which is actually making the Railjack itself work. The rest might be time-consuming, but also a lot easier to section up and bring out over time. The big hurdle is the Railjack itself, since you can't exactly just bring out the movement and not the weapons, or the missions and not the ship.

They said they'd release the Drydock a week or two before - enough time for clans to get ready for it. That means that its absence is indicative only that we can't expect it next week. In other words, its absence really doesn't mean all that much.

Maybe and while I won't hold my breath, alot of clans are itching to get the Drydock as soon as, as the room is massive in size and I imagine for Moon-Clans the Price for it, is gonna be an Arm and a Leg. But overall, I just think that the pattern of releasing can be a bit better, but again, I'm just a Gamer

Thanks for the responses, quite nice to talk to someone who's not holding a sword behind their back (are you? lol)

Empyrean will be released before New War, as New War will require railjack (im pretty sure i heared it on a devstream) and New War is promised for October. Take your guess then.

Also if i heared correctly, it will be just a small part of whole Railjack, which will be getting big updates as they are finished to complement it.

Edited by Envy123

1 hour ago, Envy123 said:

Emoyrean will be released before New War, as New War will require railjack (im pretty sure i heared it on a devstream) and New War is promised for October. Take your guess then.

So they pushed the RD less back?, the last RD was Dec, so now they're saying Oct? 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

38 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Touch'e

EA I'm sure will stay it's ground and I can only pray that DE as an whole (as in Digital Extremes, not "Warframe") don't ever touch that type of ground, even tho some things that have been showing, are touching the water with toes, is starting to break in the cracks.

The issue I have is, that so meny people (and it's clearly proven) have far too much Goodwill (or I'm just a stubborn git, ah yes being Brit does that chap) But with content after content this year, that's mostly been Plat Based Items (The Skins and such) and only a small Mainline (in terms of content, not data and ready files). Guass/Weps (farmed already I can only guess) and the new Disruption died upon release, with the removal of Umbra thingy and the Medallion not being turely univ. But that's a topic for another day, so lets leave it as that.

As cynical as this sounds, I don't think we'll be getting anything Railjack related this Step or Oct. But they can always prove me wrong.

DE's always been a very ambitious company. It's what drove them to make Warframe in the first place. It also drives them towards ever greater heights in terms of the scope of their big releases and greater heights mean greater expectations and resource requirements. They've not always hit the nail on the head, but it's the kind of company they are. EA, as I said before, has had rot in it for years before any of the stuff they've become infamous for. Rot of intent, not of simple mistakes.

45 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's ture and as said before, I do hope this "Train" to put it that way, stops, as over time, it's "Hype" is gonna be the only factor that keeps such a great game alive (and of course the Loyalists) or "Losers" as Reb joked with 😄

But all this "Soon" and "Hype" in truth, can only get you so far, IMO, If say I did work in a compney, I';ll only Hype something as big as Railjack, when it's either weeks or alteast a month away from RD. While giveing out minor stuff (Like an Warframe/Quest/etc). But once again, this is another can of worms I kinda want to avoid opening. 

At some point, it's gonna have to stop, but all in all, I think at the end of the day, no matter how either the player-base or compney does, no one wil be happy (if they where, oh boy, this whuold cure everything)

Quests aren't really minor, at least for DE, but I get your point. And it does seem like DE is at least trying - if they stick to leverian we can start getting drip-fed lore, since presumably it's quite easy to update. I mean, it's quite cheap, which in terms of consistency, is what's needed. The old triangle of 'done fast, well or cheap - pick two.' DE can focus on the lore without needing to put a bunch of extra time and money into the extremities.

There's always going to be people at the extremes in fandoms. That's almost to be expected. Hyper-fans are a part of that.

49 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I can only agree really, but maybe it's just me but how Blase it is, just feels like the worst case for me, but maybe I worry to much (I tend to do that), As for the flute thing, i am PETTY sure that is not really Steve, just a guy who looks just like him (I can't tell tho, I think it got confirmed somewhere)

He confirmed it was him on his twitter a while back. Dude has serious talent.

54 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe and while I won't hold my breath, alot of clans are itching to get the Drydock as soon as, as the room is massive in size and I imagine for Moon-Clans the Price for it, is gonna be an Arm and a Leg. But overall, I just think that the pattern of releasing can be a bit better, but again, I'm just a Gamer

DE's definitely not a perfect company. Their ambition does tend to lead them into big choices, and it's quite hard to solve them. The Drydock for example: You make an extremely valid point, and one they're almost certainly conscious of. But at the same time, it goes back to the hype question. If they release it and Empyrean doesn't come out the week, maybe the fortnight after? People are going to get really angry.

Thanks for the responses, quite nice to talk to someone who's not holding a sword behind their back (are you? lol)

No, but I am the Spanish Inquisition.

47 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

DE's always been a very ambitious company. It's what drove them to make Warframe in the first place. It also drives them towards ever greater heights in terms of the scope of their big releases and greater heights mean greater expectations and resource requirements. They've not always hit the nail on the head, but it's the kind of company they are. EA, as I said before, has had rot in it for years before any of the stuff they've become infamous for. Rot of intent, not of simple mistakes.

Yeah, a bit too ambitious, but that type of ambitiousness is really good trait to have, as long as you can put up a plank of wood correct and with the right tools, so to speak. But all in all, we still need a game to really push Warframe's Crown a bit.

48 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Quests aren't really minor, at least for DE, but I get your point. And it does seem like DE is at least trying - if they stick to leverian we can start getting drip-fed lore, since presumably it's quite easy to update. I mean, it's quite cheap, which in terms of consistency, is what's needed. The old triangle of 'done fast, well or cheap - pick two.' DE can focus on the lore without needing to put a bunch of extra time and money into the extremities. There's always going to be people at the extremes in fandoms. That's almost to be expected. Hyper-fans are a part of that.

Exclay, this is why I like the Leverian, sure it needs some polishing but it works great so far and yes there will be, sadly compneys pick a a bad way to deal with them.

49 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

He confirmed it was him on his twitter a while back. Dude has serious talent.

Oh nice, I'll have to re-watch it then, at some point.

50 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

DE's definitely not a perfect company. Their ambition does tend to lead them into big choices, and it's quite hard to solve them. The Drydock for example: You make an extremely valid point, and one they're almost certainly conscious of. But at the same time, it goes back to the hype question. If they release it and Empyrean doesn't come out the week, maybe the fortnight after? People are going to get really angry.

Exclay and if the other person in this topic is correct (I'm gonna have to do some digging to see if DE did push the day back, from Dec-to-Otc, cuz if this is the case, then Railjack needs to be out by the end of 29th, cuz yeah, the tight budget on time-frames are really getting thin, I kown 11 weeks sounds like a-lot, but when you really think about it, it's really not, you have fun and then you realize its time for supper or bed time. Rice and Reapt, oh look its end of Semester already.It baffles me on how time fly's. 

53 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No, but I am the Spanish Inquisition.

Oh no, I best get my Targis Prime then, guns vs blades, wonder who wins (as long I don't miss like a fool)

On 2019-09-05 at 1:39 AM, Hyroncore said:

You are a single player out of what thousands that enjoys this game. You are entitled to OPINIONS but not entitled to say they are fact. You are pushing that this is casual and are apparently demanding the rest of us to agree and sadly for you I aint one to agree. I kept my initial response brief but I am not after your intentionally aggressive flame response going to sit back and let it go.

I am not the one pushing that this game is casual.

DE is.

Name one piece of content that isn't casual grind. You can't.

And for the record: there was nothing aggressive, or "flame" for that matter, about my response.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-09-04 at 6:18 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

I can bet you right now that New War has been pushed to next year, just watch.

Our "Mainline" update had nothing to do with Railjack and we had 3 pieces of content with it, the rest where wallet based content.

I desperately hope you're wrong, when they explicitly said New War is for Christmas. They've done good avoiding hard statements like that lately, so I'd like to think they meant it this time.

I'm still convinced Empyrean is meant to come out first. I notice that Nightwave S.2 was meant to end 9/13, but... well that's 3 days from now, and their Tips thing now says they'll give us a couple weeks advance warning. Plus: there's still one last chapter of the story. So we've got, at the minimum, a month left (from the Ch.4 update to the story) on this Nightwave S.2.

I'm pretty sure they won't release something as big as Empyrean without first ending the current series. It would likely overwhelm the players who already complain that they "don't have time" to do Nightwave.

Maybe they release Empyrean and New War together? Lore quests rarely last us for very long in terms of content. They know that all too well, so maybe Empyrean at the same time as New War will serve to fix that?

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I desperately hope you're wrong, when they explicitly said New War is for Christmas. They've done good avoiding hard statements like that lately, so I'd like to think they meant it this time.

I'm still convinced Empyrean is meant to come out first. I notice that Nightwave S.2 was meant to end 9/13, but... well that's 3 days from now, and their Tips thing now says they'll give us a couple weeks advance warning. Plus: there's still one last chapter of the story. So we've got, at the minimum, a month left (from the Ch.4 update to the story) on this Nightwave S.2.

I'm pretty sure they won't release something as big as Empyrean without first ending the current series. It would likely overwhelm the players who already complain that they "don't have time" to do Nightwave.

Maybe they release Empyrean and New War together? Lore quests rarely last us for very long in terms of content. They know that all too well, so maybe Empyrean at the same time as New War will serve to fix that?

I'm sure they will be releasing some form of Empyrean in October. DE did mention they aren't going to be releasing it all at once, so that gives them a bit more flexibility with dates.

New War is harder to tell, since it needs to go all at once, having a quest associated with it. I'd say by the end of the year, or somewhere in January.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

As much as I want to agree with you, it's proven by fact that DE never hold to their "promises" or "statements" I can assure you that Railjack is no where near from release, as I've stated before we still need the Drydock and Orbiter Rework. Nightwave to put it politely has nothing to do with anything, they only reason why I can see them extending is either to keep us "busy and distracted" or to allow other players to get up to speed (I think is the first, given how they roll), Nightwave is just Lore slapped on with Ranks and Rewards (and for some vets not any good ones). And the "content" behind it is just NPCs to fight.

Empyrean was teased/shown and baited for 2 years now and it's almost the end of this year (15 weeks is not that long, yes sure it might "look" that long, but when your a person with a job, an family or even a young adult, playing games or hell even a child at school) 15 weeks goes by real quick, Have you ever heard of the saying "Don't stare at the clock, it won't go any faster?" that terms is true, cuz time seems to "freeze" in our minds, how we see it, cuz we're waiting for something to come out or ("go home from school, boo") but then that saying is out the window, when you are an Adult, next before you kown it, you have go buy Xmas gifts for your kids or family and you're thinking to yourself "We had so long until Xmas, why is it so soon?".

New War is going to be out BEFORE Empyrean that was confirmed, Dec is in roughly 15 weeks (the 30th that is), Nov is almost over with no Content, besides a Warframe and Weapons (and that game-mode, but rewards where pushed around, so alot of vets think its "dead on arrival"). If we don't get anything this Nov, related to Railjack/Empyrean, lets say the Drydock to prep us for Oct, then well, it's likely Oct is not gonna be that date either.

Like I said, I whuold LOVE to be wrong and hell, maybe I am, maybe Railjack/Empyrean IS gonna come out Nov or hell Oct. But time and time again, has proven that is a very low change and if I am correct?, Well, All I have to say is I'm sorry, but I was right.

However, if it turns out to be that I am wrong and I do hope I am, I am ready for people to chew me out about it. (cuz I kown someone here, forgot who said, they wont' let me hear the end of it, its just fun and jokes, encase someone gets worried) And I can bet you that when I wake up one day and see Railjack is out, I'm gonna have like 5 inbox massages saying "lol I told you so" and I am ready for that.

Empyrean and New War out together, might be cool idea on paper, two massive content drops, but to delay one content to get into one pair, look what they tired with Gauss and Gen, people reflected badly on it, they changed their minds

All in all Drake, I whuold love to be wrong and I want Railjack (or Drydock alteast) out ASAP, so I can complete my Dream Dojo, but I lost hope a very long time ago and I can only pray that this train of "Soon" (3 years later title-card) ends, cuz it will be the death of Warframe, if this keeps going.

Psi

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details

21 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm sure they will be releasing some form of Empyrean in October. DE did mention they aren't going to be releasing it all at once, so that gives them a bit more flexibility with dates.

New War is harder to tell, since it needs to go all at once, having a quest associated with it. I'd say by the end of the year, or somewhere in January.

I have to ask, but is there a timestamp on when they said "Oct" cuz someone else told me New War was pushed back from Dec to Oct, so it's a game of "he said this and that" atm.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I have to ask, but is there a timestamp on when they said "Oct" cuz someone else told me New War was pushed back from Dec to Oct, so it's a game of "he said this and that" atm.

There is no timestamp. But there is a timeline.

We know Empyrean is before New War, and we know New War was given timestamp of end of this year ( initially they mentioned by Christmas ).

We also know that New War has Railjack mechanics into it, and therefore depends on it, so at least some form of Railjack/Empyrean mechanics will need to be out first.

Ofc, all that could get DElayed for all we know, but considering the information we have available .. it's the best we can guess IMO.

21 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

There is no timestamp. But there is a timeline.

We know Empyrean is before New War, and we know New War was given timestamp of end of this year ( initially they mentioned by Christmas ).

We also know that New War has Railjack mechanics into it, and therefore depends on it, so at least some form of Railjack/Empyrean mechanics will need to be out first.

Ofc, all that could get DElayed for all we know, but considering the information we have available .. it's the best we can guess IMO.

Ah, I see, that's quite an hopeful statement and putting alot of faith in such, but again me not having any hope, can show alot of how cynical I am with it. but we can dream right?.

IMO, I think that "Railjack Get Ready" Update (best name I can think of) SHOULD be out this Step, without fail, if not, it's gonna look pretty bleak of Xmas for New War and Railjack soon. 

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I can assure you that Railjack is no where near from release, as I've stated before we still need the Drydock and Orbiter Rework.

I thought those were coming with it? I see no reason to do either one before Empyrean comes out. Even the Orbiter update seemed to be directly tied to Empyrean's release, judging by the Tennocon demo. (So we could see the Railjack outside our Orbiter, and do the whole "more connected world" thing)

Nightwave to put it politely has nothing to do with anything, they only reason why I can see them extending is either to keep us "busy and distracted"

That's why I'm expecting Empyrean to come out when Nightwave ends. They seem to be using Nightwave as "filler" to give us players SOMETHING to do until the next content update. The story bits to it are a nice little bonus.

New War is going to be out BEFORE Empyrean that was confirmed

Wait. When and where was that confirmed?

The general consensus that I've seen is the other way around.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

5 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I thought those were coming with it? I see no reason to do either one before Empyrean comes out. Even the Orbiter update seemed to be directly tied to Empyrean's release, judging by the Tennocon demo. (So we could see the Railjack outside our Orbiter, and do the whole "more connected world" thing)

DE Steve said in the Devstream that the Drydock, along with the Orbiter rework is going to be out before Railjack, so they can prep clans for it. I will try to find the timestamps for it.

6 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

That's why I'm expecting Empyrean to come out when Nightwave ends. They seem to be using Nightwave as "filler" to give us players SOMETHING to do until the next content update. The story bits to it are a nice little bonus.

And this is why, I kown its not gonna be any where near Nov-Oct, Nightwave can't give us content, its not contact, it's a chore list, do stuff you are tired of doing and get low rewards

8 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Wait. When and where was that confirmed?

The general consensus that I've seen is the other way around.

Nope, it's always been Railjack First/ New War after, was first said on the Devstreams/Tennocon.

If this was the case, 2020 will be New War and Railjack