Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

3 hours ago, Kaldwing0718 said:

I don't have many facts to back this up but considering Atlas Prime is being released October 1st, and Atlas Prime and Empyrean updates being shown together in the Tokyo Gameshow I want to believe it will be released alongside Atlas Prime.

Ingratiating theory, but not plausible. BUT if this was the case then, this means we'll be getting the Drydock and Orbiter Rework, next week and then 1st of Oct, in that week Railjack will be out. But don't hold your breath Kald, not sure how long you been in-game for, but this is likely just gonna be wrong and another disappointment train.

So, unless we get ANYTHING Empyrean next week, then as a whole Empyrean won't be out any where near Oct, very likely late Oct.

3 hours ago, Kaldwing0718 said:

I don't have many facts to back this up but considering Atlas Prime is being released October 1st, and Atlas Prime and Empyrean updates being shown together in the Tokyo Gameshow I want to believe it will be released alongside Atlas Prime.

Nope. DE said "We want release Empyrean this year" and more "new prime". Atlas will be release alone, empyrean Soon™

On 2019-09-10 at 8:18 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

I am not the one pushing that this game is casual.

DE is.

Name one piece of content that isn't casual grind. You can't.

And for the record: there was nothing aggressive, or "flame" for that matter, about my response.

And again doing the very thing you refuse to recognise as aggressive. Specificly the assertion that you were right and I was unable to provide any counter to your assertion. I am sick of ignorance and entitled elitism seeping into games. We are and you are not forced at gun point to grind. You are also not forced to play this game in a specific way like many linear games such as Diablo 3 Destiny 1/2 etc that had far worse grinds. Sure the game could do with true endgame for those of us who solo to 2 hours on mot as an example but saying this game is just a casual grind dismisses every effort that the developers have made to improve on the formula. Sure they have yet to hit the mark but again its purely opinion unless you are working for or know someone who works for the company and can break NDAs to enlighten us more thoroughly.

I might add that DE has made comments in the past that would engender the belief its focusing on more casual aspects but has either reversed that choice such as low level mission spawn rates being reduced then reverted back to a comparable level as other higher tier of the same type. (Yes I played PC when you would get annhilated by infested because the spawn rates on low level content was INSANELY fast compared to when they nerfed it and even now after the reversal to scaling spawns to be more even across levels.)

Edited by Hyroncore

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well in this rate there're not gonna succeed, hope Destiny blows it out the park and players flood to it, just as they are doing to BL3 

I mean, frankly, I agree.

Competition is healthy. I mean, just look at Destiny - it's clearly taking cues from Warframe now. And it's better for it. I can't imagine a case where, if the reverse were true, WF wouldn't also improve.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, frankly, I agree.

Competition is healthy. I mean, just look at Destiny - it's clearly taking cues from Warframe now. And it's better for it. I can't imagine a case where, if the reverse were true, WF wouldn't also improve.

Destiny is now again solely in Bungies hands so thats another issue of note. No more MTX ripoffs in Eververse to the point they were discontinuing the service.

Ree thanks for the reminder that the next expac is due soon sod it ..... Guess Ill be asking for that for my bday instead of 775 plat for Gauss collection 😛

Edited by Hyroncore

2 hours ago, (NSW)AethericDaeva said:

And again doing the very thing you refuse to recognise as aggressive. Specificly the assertion that you were right and I was unable to provide any counter to your assertion. I am sick of ignorance and entitled elitism seeping into games. We are and you are not forced at gun point to grind.

Obviously I have missed some stuff since I only followed it back to page 9, but what part of the bit you quoted was aggressive? I saw posts that were generally well laid out with opinions supported by facts. I might not agree with everything they said, but there's nothing wrong with what they said. On the other hand, I have serious concerns about how you tried to shut @DrakeWurrumdown. 

You haven't shown that they weren't right, and you haven't seemed to offer any actual counter to anything in the quoted section. Just an accusation. 

I mean it's always easy to claim that someone's attacking you on the internet, without proving it, but that's a really shady move. I really hope that isn't what you were trying to do. 

So, recent update from the devs.

We intentionally left September as a bit of a ‘light’ month for releases to give ourselves time internally to focus the whole team on finishing parts of that infamous Whiteboard. As we prepare to kick it up in October, we bring Nightwave Series 2, Episode 5 to all platforms!

Obviously, this is no confirmation of anything, but it does somewhat hint they're hoping for an October release for Empyrean. I mean... what else could they be 'kicking it up' for? Not accounting for [DE]lays of course, but it does at least seem that they've not hit any big ones yet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

So seeing as September is a 'light month' with the intent to 'kick it up' in October and DE also were kind of talking about intermission 2 being before railjack (iirc) in a previous devstream that probably means no railjack before November, possibly even December when you think about it... if that is the case railjack better be something special because lets be honest it's taking too long between real content updates now.

@Loza03

You sure about that pal?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

@Loza03

You sure about that pal?

Considering that other person has as much information as me and is just whining... no, because I actively call out that I'm not accounting for delays, this is the projection. I'm not psychic, I'm working on the information I have at any given time. Though this person shouldn't be as sure as they are either, because Nightwave acts aren't the same as a big content release. They can be dropped whenever DE damn well pleases - let's not forget that this nightwave started at Tennocon, demonstrating that it wasn't a big deal to launch part 1. No indication to believe it would be different for part 5.

Also, when you compare this game to other games with more than a year of activity (let's be real, many stop being very actively worked on by then), then Warframe actually comes off pretty favourably, or at least reasonably. Overwatch has managed, what... 10 heroes and four PvE events in three years? Alongside a ton of skins, of course. Far more than Warframe does, and they're always the advertising point of any given event. Destiny does manage to keep up, remember that Anthem exists as well, which has managed one gasp of a content release before it looks like it's dying slowly in a hole somewhere.

At some point, you just have to accept being patient. 

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Considering that other person has as much information as me and is just whining... no, because I actively call out that I'm not accounting for delays, this is the projection. I'm not psychic, I'm working on the information I have at any given time. Though this person shouldn't be as sure as they are either, because Nightwave acts aren't the same as a big content release. They can be dropped whenever DE damn well pleases - let's not forget that this nightwave started at Tennocon, demonstrating that it wasn't a big deal to launch part 1. No indication to believe it would be different for part 5.

Also, when you compare this game to other games with more than a year of activity (let's be real, many stop being very actively worked on by then), then Warframe actually comes off pretty favourably, or at least reasonably. Overwatch has managed, what... 10 heroes and four PvE events in three years? Alongside a ton of skins, of course. Far more than Warframe does, and they're always the advertising point of any given event. Destiny does manage to keep up, remember that Anthem exists as well, which has managed one gasp of a content release before it looks like it's dying slowly in a hole somewhere.

At some point, you just have to accept being patient. 

I love how you try to dismiss something that doesn't fit with your viewpoint as whining.... Actually I was using information given by DE in that thread and from prior devstreams to come up with a realistic date.  I also never said it was a definitive date, if you'd care to read mine properly rather than being upset that someone doesn't agree with you will see the word PROBABLY before I say a date... in all honesty it is more likely that my date is closer to the date it will be released but I never explicitly said that. 

As to part 5 being no different to part 1... they had to use intermission to add more time to get part 1 of nightwave 2 finished, we've had an extended duration between each transmission in nightwave 2 and in all honesty nightwave 2 has had far less 'new things' in it than nightwave 1.  Hell I'd almost be willing to put money on part 5 being get token from 3x invasions, go to map and fight a new infested unit (I wouldn't be shocked to see a newly coloured and/or larger size ancient for part 5 in all honesty) with the reward being a sigil and some extra standing...

As to being patient... we're getting on to around 1.5 years for a real update, a playable (albeit restricted) version of railjack was shown at the tennocon in 2018, hell the demo in 2019 wasn't exactly much different... I think it's an entirely fair viewpoint to expect something 'worth the time we waited' when it's released considering how much they could have got done if they'd have just treated these new 'invade ship' missions as an archwing mission instead of adding in the ship that (imo) doesn't really fit with warframe...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I love how you try to dismiss something that doesn't fit with your viewpoint as whining.... Actually I was using information given by DE in that thread and from prior devstreams to come up with a realistic date.  I also never said it was a definitive date, if you'd care to read mine properly rather than being upset that someone doesn't agree with you will see the word PROBABLY before I say a date... in all honesty it is more likely that my date is closer to the date it will be released but I never explicitly said that. 

As to part 5 being no different to part 1... they had to use intermission to add more time to get part 1 of nightwave 2 finished, we've had an extended duration between each transmission in nightwave 2 and in all honesty nightwave 2 has had far less 'new things' in it than nightwave 1.  Hell I'd almost be willing to put money on part 5 being get token from 3x invasions, go to map and fight a new infested unit (I wouldn't be shocked to see a newly coloured and/or larger size ancient for part 5 in all honesty) with the reward being a sigil and some extra standing...

As to being patient... we're getting on to around 1.5 years for a real update, a playable (albeit restricted) version of railjack was shown at the tennocon in 2018, hell the demo in 2019 wasn't exactly much different... I think it's an entirely fair viewpoint to expect something 'worth the time we waited' when it's released considering how much they could have got done if they'd have just treated these new 'invade ship' missions as an archwing mission instead of adding in the ship that (imo) doesn't really fit with warframe...

Pretty much this ^

I understand learning to wait, but I'm not gatekeeper/WK, I won't hold accountable for the delays and showing/telling to build false hype for the game and granting us thus Zero Content. As LSG501, said.

Nightwave was intentionally extended long over due, cuz its "content" and it keeps "players to do something", well, look what happened, everyone completed Nightwave and the only thing is to log in, hear Nora ramble on, log off. (Or do what ever side quest she give us). Log off.

Tennogen, as much as people like to think is NOT CONTENT, the past few updates lately have been wallet opening updates, skins, after skins and now we have even more skins to open our wallet to. The PA with that scummy Booster is just fact to that, an Prime that is barely even a prime (just a reskin and very low stat changes, and the booster to "Pay to win/Sellable Hotfixs to X" ) Just look at Reddit and the Forms of the backlash of this new "PA" tactic they are pulling.

The only content we have as of right now is Gauss and Weapons and most people have farmed for already and maybe even Fromaed up & DE themselves even said they intentionally left September "Dry"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The funny thing about reality is that things aren't constant.

DE's previous statements reflect what their projections were when they made it. Now they've given us an indication of their new projection. You're whining about "Oh, nightwave means we won't get Railjack till November" when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that.

And what makes you think that they only made one diorama as part of that development? Season 2 was most likely first released when the whole thing was finished - the mods, the new cosmetics and the new dioramas. Why would there be any interference? It's not like part 5 is its own season.

Also, you might well be right about the content, but that frankly changes nothing about development pace. And remember - the new nightwave update is this week, not October. What else is there that they could be 'kicking it up' for?

1.5 years for a real update...

So, Saint of Altra wasn't a real update? That updated a game mode, added a new warframe and weapons. Sure it's small, but it definitely added content. What about Jovian Concord, featuring a new boss, new enemies, multiple new mods and weapons including two new variants, a new Warframe, what is functionally a new tileset complete with its own unique gameplay gimmicks like the labs and the aforementioned new gamemode?

What about Fortuna? That released in November 2018, less than a year ago easily within the 1.5 years window. Was that not new content? What about Sacrifice?

In the past 1.5 years, we've received five new Warframes plus one variant, a dozen or so new weapons as well as variants plus a new modular weapon type and modular companion, a generous scattering of new mods, a new tileset, a new free roam area, two new side activities (K-driving and hunting) as well as expansions to previous side activities, three new boss fights, a dozen or so new enemies including mini-bosses in the Raknoids and especially Thumpers, a new gamemode and a new cinematic quest as well as a new regular quest. And that's pretty much off the top of my head.

We've gotten content.

And, no, the version they showed off in 2018 wasn't playable. Devstreams showed after the fact demonstrated that it was almost entirely smoke and mirrors. They've said and demonstrated on devstream things like the music were all pre-planned and pseudo-scripted (if not entirely scripted), and the vast majority of the Railjack itself, along with any mechanics associated weren't even there. That was the point of the 2019 reveal. That was a playable, albeit restricted, version of Railjack. Early demo versions, no matter how complete they may seem, are rarely anywhere near that, hence why they're early. Some don't even share any of the same code. Anthem being a particularly poignant example.

36 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The funny thing about reality is that things aren't constant.

DE's previous statements reflect what their projections were when they made it. Now they've given us an indication of their new projection. You're whining about "Oh, nightwave means we won't get Railjack till November" when there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that.

And what makes you think that they only made one diorama as part of that development? Season 2 was most likely first released when the whole thing was finished - the mods, the new cosmetics and the new dioramas. Why would there be any interference? It's not like part 5 is its own season.

LOL, you still think DE was that well organised....

Also, you might well be right about the content, but that frankly changes nothing about development pace. And remember - the new nightwave update is this week, not October. What else is there that they could be 'kicking it up' for?

1.5 years for a real update...

So, Saint of Altra wasn't a real update? That updated a game mode, added a new warframe and weapons. Sure it's small, but it definitely added content. What about Jovian Concord, featuring a new boss, new enemies, multiple new mods and weapons including two new variants, a new Warframe, what is functionally a new tileset complete with its own unique gameplay gimmicks like the labs and the aforementioned new gamemode?

Actually no I don't think what we've had recently is a real update, it's just some new maps for jupiter, which had been on the cards for a LONG time (and ironically I play jupiter even less now...), and as to disruption, it is literally excavation with a timer instead of health and an exploding enemy you need to kill first...

Mods aren't new content, they're new things to farm and is an image and a set of stats in a database in most cases. 

You really class a new frame and weapons as content... no thats what we use to do said content in the game.  Changing to a new frame or weapon doesn't all of a sudden change the fact they're being used on the exact same tilesets as all the ones before.   

What about Fortuna? That released in November 2018, less than a year ago easily within the 1.5 years window. Was that not new content? What about Sacrifice?

Really... that was only that long ago....but then I suppose it's easy to forget when it is literally a single new map with one maybe 2 new mission types over PoE.  Yes they threw in k-drives because people wanted them but all they did was add another grind and essentially got archwings nerfed... It wasn't really NEW content, it was nearly a copy paste of PoE, it had most of the same issues as PoE which essentially boiled down to.. once you'd done it you ignored it.  In fact when it came out there were a fair few people who just couldn't be bothered to do it because it was so much like PoE... 

Don't forget they ended up missing the original deadlines for fortuna as well....

In the past 1.5 years, we've received five new Warframes plus one variant, a dozen or so new weapons as well as variants plus a new modular weapon type and modular companion, a generous scattering of new mods, a new tileset, a new free roam area, two new side activities (K-driving and hunting) as well as expansions to previous side activities, three new boss fights, a dozen or so new enemies including mini-bosses in the Raknoids and especially Thumpers, a new gamemode and a new cinematic quest as well as a new regular quest. And that's pretty much off the top of my head.

Warframes, weapons, skins aren't content, they're what you use to play the content in game. 

Most of those new enemies are nothing special, they die just as quick as any other... the last 'interesting' enemy we got on the main maps were nox and then we went back to the old style.  Thumpers are fine for newbies (well if you ignore the stupid AI they've been given) but there's no reason for 'veterans' to go there, we're already stocked up on resources (which are now no longer needed) and well raknoids, they have the same issue once you get your toroids.   Even if you go after the orb mother and profit taker, you basically only run them till you have everything you want... there's no 'repeat playability' in them outside of the rewards. 

Yeah we had a small intermission video quest which is essentially us following a pre planned 'script' but like the others they just end up giving us something to do the rest of the content with.

Don't forget wasn't railjack originally planned for a tennocon 2019 release...

We've gotten content.

And, no, the version they showed off in 2018 wasn't playable. Devstreams showed after the fact demonstrated that it was almost entirely smoke and mirrors. They've said and demonstrated on devstream things like the music were all pre-planned and pseudo-scripted (if not entirely scripted), and the vast majority of the Railjack itself, along with any mechanics associated weren't even there. That was the point of the 2019 reveal. That was a playable, albeit restricted, version of Railjack. Early demo versions, no matter how complete they may seem, are rarely anywhere near that, hence why they're early. Some don't even share any of the same code. Anthem being a particularly poignant example.

If we've had content why do people keep complaining about lack of content.....hmm....

And yes the original demo was playable, they just had very explicit restrictions in what they could do without it breaking, hence my bit about restricted. 

Now I've read your reply I don't think it's actually worth replying to you anymore because it's pretty clear that you're just going to defend DE even if your house was burning down due to DE's game blowing up your PC.  I'm not that sort of person, if I see an issue I'm going to say it....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

LOL, you still think DE was that well organised....

Ah, dismissing another's argument on no grounds whatsoever.

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually no I don't think what we've had recently is a real update, it's just some new maps for jupiter, which had been on the cards for a LONG time (and ironically I play jupiter even less now...), and as to disruption, it is literally excavation with a timer instead of health and an exploding enemy you need to kill first...

Mods aren't new content, they're new things to farm and is an image and a set of stats in a database in most cases. 

You really class a new frame and weapons as content... no thats what we use to do said content in the game.  Changing to a new frame or weapon doesn't all of a sudden change the fact they're being used on the exact same tilesets as all the ones before.   

Yeah. That's what we use to do said content.

In other words, what we use to experience said content. Content, defined as 'experiences in a game'... well, I think that much speaks for itself.

(also, you're literally contradicting yourself, saying "it doesn't change the fact they're being used on the same tilesets" and then dismissing a revamp of tileset as new content.)

42 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Really... that was only that long ago....but then I suppose it's easy to forget when it is literally a single new map with one maybe 2 new mission types over PoE.  Yes they threw in k-drives because people wanted them but all they did was add another grind and essentially got archwings nerfed... It wasn't really NEW content, it was nearly a copy paste of PoE, it had most of the same issues as PoE which essentially boiled down to.. once you'd done it you ignored it.  In fact when it came out there were a fair few people who just couldn't be bothered to do it because it was so much like PoE... 

So, let me get this straight.

You don't like it, so it doesn't count as content.

45 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Warframes, weapons, skins aren't content, they're what you use to play the content in game. 

Most of those new enemies are nothing special, they die just as quick as any other... the last 'interesting' enemy we got on the main maps were nox and then we went back to the old style.  Thumpers are fine for newbies (well if you ignore the stupid AI they've been given) but there's no reason for 'veterans' to go there, we're already stocked up on resources (which are now no longer needed) and well raknoids, they have the same issue once you get your toroids.   Even if you go after the orb mother and profit taker, you basically only run them till you have everything you want... there's no 'repeat playability' in them outside of the rewards. 

Yeah we had a small intermission video quest which is essentially us following a pre planned 'script' but like the others they just end up giving us something to do the rest of the content with.

Again "I don't like it so it doesn't count."

It's stuff added to the game for you to play and interact with. If you choose not to do so, that's fine (I've not got Garuda and only just got Baruuk, as well as much preferring PoE over Fortuna), but let's be real here: Content is stuff you play with. Rewards exist to act as an incentive. These are all things that affect play.

If you choose not to play with those things, or if there is an issue that prevents those things from being fully enjoyable to you (which in many cases I believe there are), that's another matter entirely. Doesn't change the fact that they are, in fact, content that is on offer.

49 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And there you go again, basically leaning on the idea that everything DE says is a deadline or a promise to release at a certain time.

They're projections, estimates, nothing more, unless stated otherwise

52 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If we've had content why do people keep complaining about lack of content.....hmm....

Considering how much of your post is cherry-picking what is and isn't content, to support a false claim that we haven't had content in 1.5 years, and in some other places is contradictory?

Yeah, gonna say that people just aren't looking, or mis-identifying the problem.

51 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Now I've read your reply I don't think it's actually worth replying to you anymore because it's pretty clear that you're just going to defend DE even if your house was burning down due to DE's game blowing up your PC.  I'm not that sort of person, if I see an issue I'm going to say it....

Projecting much? As I said, most of your responses are cherry-picking. Believe me, I've brought up plenty of issues of my own in the past, mostly with things such as balancing and core gameplay loops (which I believe are part of the perceived lack of content. But actual content drought? Demonstably not one of them.

Sounds to me that you just view any perspective that disagrees with yours as extreme defense of DE, because your viewpoint is itself extreme in the opposite direction.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Ah, dismissing another's argument on no grounds whatsoever.

Yeah. That's what we use to do said content.

In other words, what we use to experience said content. Content, defined as 'experiences in a game'... well, I think that much speaks for itself.

(also, you're literally contradicting yourself, saying "it doesn't change the fact they're being used on the same tilesets" and then dismissing a revamp of tileset as new content.)

So, let me get this straight.

You don't like it, so it doesn't count as content.

Again "I don't like it so it doesn't count."

It's stuff added to the game for you to play and interact with. If you choose not to do so, that's fine (I've not got Garuda and only just got Baruuk, as well as much preferring PoE over Fortuna), but let's be real here: Content is stuff you play with. Rewards exist to act as an incentive. These are all things that affect play.

If you choose not to play with those things, or if there is an issue that prevents those things from being fully enjoyable to you (which in many cases I believe there are), that's another matter entirely. Doesn't change the fact that they are, in fact, content that is on offer.

And there you go again, basically leaning on the idea that everything DE says is a deadline or a promise to release at a certain time.

They're projections, estimates, nothing more, unless stated otherwise

Considering how much of your post is cherry-picking what is and isn't content, to support a false claim that we haven't had content in 1.5 years, and in some other places is contradictory?

Yeah, gonna say that people just aren't looking, or mis-identifying the problem.

Projecting much? As I said, most of your responses are cherry-picking. Believe me, I've brought up plenty of issues of my own in the past, mostly with things such as balancing and core gameplay loops (which I believe are part of the perceived lack of content. But actual content drought? Demonstably not one of them.

Sounds to me that you just view any perspective that disagrees with yours as extreme defense of DE, because your viewpoint is itself extreme in the opposite direction.

Not even sure why I'm replying because you're still doing the same as before...

I didn't contradict myself in anything that I said as much as you'd like to try and make out I did. 

And yes I don't feel we've had any worthwhile content in the last 1.5ish years.. hell most of my clan levelled up OV using ticker and our existing resources rather than bother with the missions because they were basically no different to PoE missions apart from being corpus. 

I also didn't cherry pick... myself and many others do not see a new warframe, weapon or skin (tennogen aren't even made by DE...) as new content, it's even more apparent when we get a new prime released seeing as it's basically a reskin of the non prime with a slight stat change/buff.  You do not require a specific frame, weapon or skin to do any map in the game therefore they are basically nothing more than an avatar or character you pick to play in a game.  Essentially a warframe is something you unlock after doing the content in the game. 

The AI of enemies, the scaling of armour etc and all other elements within the game content is a separate matter which has been going on since before I even started playing, it is something that will never get fixed until DE determine what an endgame level is and balance around it... something they're unlikely to do seeing as they now basically target newbies with everything.

edit: Oh and called it...

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Hell I'd almost be willing to put money on part 5 being get token from 3x invasions, go to map and fight a new infested unit (I wouldn't be shocked to see a newly coloured and/or larger size ancient for part 5 in all honesty) with the reward being a sigil and some extra standing...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I didn't contradict myself in anything that I said as much as you'd like to try and make out I did. 

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I don't think what we've had recently is a real update, it's just some new maps for jupiter,

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Changing to a new frame or weapon doesn't all of a sudden change the fact they're being used on the exact same tilesets as all the ones before.   

Either a new tileset and map is new content or it isn't.

And, actually, it is.

And yes I don't feel we've had any worthwhile content in the last 1.5ish years.. hell most of my clan levelled up OV using ticker and our existing resources rather than bother with the missions because they were basically no different to PoE missions apart from being corpus. 

Still content though. Just because you didn't engage with it doesn't change that fact.

I also didn't cherry pick... myself and many others do not see a new warframe, weapon or skin (tennogen aren't even made by DE...) as new content, it's even more apparent when we get a new prime released seeing as it's basically a reskin of the non prime with a slight stat change/buff.  You do not require a specific frame, weapon or skin to do any map in the game therefore they are basically nothing more than an avatar or character you pick to play in a game.  Essentially a warframe is something you unlock after doing the content in the game. 

"I'm not cherry picking, I'm just taking an element that doesn't agree with my point and disregarding it."

Is it something that affects play? Yes. Content is new things that affect play, which includes the mediums by which existing content is experienced - which is why new tilesets count as new content, as well as new characters. Therefore, Warframes and weapons are content. Skins are not (something I never said they were. "Oh and a bunch of skins" was intended as criticism. Sorry if that intention wasn't clear), because they do not impact gameplay. Primes, I will grant - they also do not. Umbra, I will also grant is a grey area, as whilst he does have some unique mechanics, he is similar enough to base Excalibur that it would be reasonable to suggest he doesn't impact gameplay in a significant manner.

The AI of enemies, the scaling of armour etc and all other elements within the game content is a separate matter which has been going on since before I even started playing, it is something that will never get fixed until DE determine what an endgame level is and balance around it... something they're unlikely to do seeing as they now basically target newbies with everything.

That much at least I agree with, but it's not particularly relevant either. Fact of the matter is, new enemies do impact gameplay, even if due to other problems that impact is considerably lessened. As I said before, that much is a perfectly valid criticism.

edit: Oh and called it...

Still a non-sequitur, honestly. What's in nightwave part 5 isn't particularly relevant to the fact that it's highly unlikely that said release will affect Railjack's release.

Simple fact is - we have content. We have received a substantial amount of content in the past 1.5 years. That much is objective reality.

The quality of that content is questionable, and far more subjective and absolutely worth discussion - which I have indeed done. Just last week I posted a thread criticising DE's approach to balance over time, and (whilst not in that thread), I do hold the opinion that said balance is what causes the illusion of content drought - that issues in the core gameplay loop minimise long-term engagement in content. Something you have repeatedly expressed.

Proof in the pudding, the thread in question. Conveniently, the preview also includes the Tl;Dr

Spoiler

In terms of 'is it content'? Yes it is. We are not in a content drought. Is that content up to standard? Worth discussion. I do not agree with DE on everything they do. I do believe DE's faults and issues with the game should be discussed in an adult, civil manner. I will defend DE from the latter or any other time that I feel they were justified in an action or approach.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

And like I say you are very much 'defending DE' and allowing them to continue doing things the way they are without any sort of 'consequence' from the players.... I don't agree with your viewpoint and mine isn't going to change.

Considering your lack of acknowledgement of my saying "I believe DE's faults should be discussed" and example of me doing just that., honestly I think this  post speaks for itself.

Ciao.

On 2019-09-20 at 11:17 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Obviously I have missed some stuff since I only followed it back to page 9, but what part of the bit you quoted was aggressive? I saw posts that were generally well laid out with opinions supported by facts. I might not agree with everything they said, but there's nothing wrong with what they said. On the other hand, I have serious concerns about how you tried to shut @DrakeWurrumdown. 

You haven't shown that they weren't right, and you haven't seemed to offer any actual counter to anything in the quoted section. Just an accusation. 

I mean it's always easy to claim that someone's attacking you on the internet, without proving it, but that's a really shady move. I really hope that isn't what you were trying to do. 

Uh check his previous posts under profile easy done. Only reason I stated his aggression was blatant. Sure I can possibly word things better but he has a history clear as day. I counter quoted his issues a few times to be shredded by him with no real thought so yeah.

14 minutes ago, Hyroncore said:

Uh check his previous posts under profile easy done. Only reason I stated his aggression was blatant. Sure I can possibly word things better but he has a history clear as day. I counter quoted his issues a few times to be shredded by him with no real thought so yeah.

Again, I went back 4 pages and saw nothing that was overly aggressive coming from that user in the conversation on this thread. 

I saw other people being aggressive, and I saw them disagreeing with them. The fact that he "shredded" what they wrote without much effort doesn't make his points less valid, but it does suggest that their points were weak. 

Maybe you think that people who disagree with you are aggressive. But that's really not the same thing as them being aggressive. Perhaps taking a step back and looking at it without your emotions would be a good idea? 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Small fixes
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again, I went back 4 pages and saw noth that was overly aggressive coming from that user in the conversation on this thread. 

I saw other people being aggressive, and I saw them disagreeing with you. The fact that he "shredded" what you wrote without much effort doesn't make their points less valid, but it does suggest that your points were weak. 

Maybe you think that people who disagree with you are aggressive. But that's really not the same thing as them being aggressive. Perhaps taking a step back and looking at it without your emotions would be a good idea? 

Ok just to clarify if I felt my points were weak I would (As I did) recast them again differently. I am NOT going to be emotionless when people are complaining about Warframe not meeting their expectations while not providing DISCUSSION and calling others including me out on "defending DE" etc.

I can agree emotion has played a part but when you complain about systems particularly when the dev is reacting and actioning community feedback (Albeit at times glacially) you lose any credibility with people who want to engage. If you noticed I said I would support some of his points had he come back with points to discuss not putdowns.

And lets be fair I am a little excitable responding here but I can do so because you didnt just dismiss things outright. And frankly the fact you might be viewing my arguments as weak may indicate a lack of context and that already hinders things heh. That aside I am for active heated statements IF there is some point to engage on that can improve the game minus the clear putdowns ( I will admit from me as well)