Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

We should get it this year because there is literally no way they won't release anything before New War's Christmas. 5 months of nothing? Player base will drop in consequence.

What I would expect is a rough Empyrean update (like we saw in the presentation, with a few bunch of planets, not the entire Starchat) and then a Part 2 in 2020 with Duviri.

On 2019-07-07 at 10:27 PM, Rin-senpai said:

Wrong!
New "big" content is usually released in one in three periods of the year.
There is a chance to Empyrean in nearby 2 months.
Around the end of year, we get New War (x-mass '19)

To back up your proof even more, I stormily suggest you go see @Etzu Post. He/She made a massive valid point. and to spice it up a bit even more for Both of you! (Yes I kown At-ing someone alerts them) I've got another juicily thing for you.

Steve said that Empyrean is "bleeding into Summer" (this year ofc).

Summer 2019 in Northern Hemisphere began on Friday, 21 June and ends on Monday, 23 September (All dates are in United Kingdom Time and most of Europe, keep im mind)

So if we are lucky 29th of July Week we'll get it, if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

As pointed out to by quite alot of people we go by this factor (Empyrean in nearby 2 month). 2 Month's is Aug-Set (and Oct-Nov is for something else, as it''s only one more until Dec), but hopefully the latter above, does not stretch onto September, cuz that be a long time without solid content and no one wants a repeat of last-year

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Errors (Never stay up for 24hours kids)

Il y a 1 heure, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

To back up your proof even more, I stormily suggest you go see @Etzu Post. He/She made a massive valid point. and to spice it up a bit even more for Both of you! (Yes I kown At-ing someone alerts them) I've got another juicily thing for you.

Steve said that Empyrean is "bleeding into Summer" (this year ofc).

Summer 2019 in Northern Hemisphere began on Friday, 21 June and ends on Monday, 23 September (All dates are in United Kingdom Time and most of Europe, keep im mind)

So if we are lucky 29th of July Week we'll get it, if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

As pointed out to by quite alot of people we go by this factor (Empyrean in nearby 2 month). 2 Month's is Aug-Set (and Oct-Nov is for something else, as it''s only one more until Dec), but hopefully the latter above, does not stretch onto September, cuz that be a long time without solid content and no one wants a repeat of last-year

I also managed to get the info that the next warframe stream will start only on July 16th. So it means no devstream before July 19th, which is probably a strong "not before 19th + 7day" for Gauss release, and so probably also no Empyrean before.

And also I read that the team has no release date for Empyrean, as in "we have no idea when it's ready", but they also said "we want to ship it as faster as possible, when it's ready", so it's close, but not close enought for them to be able to estimate the time left needed to complete what must be done.

Note: here is a link to the mentionned post of mine: 

Edited by Etzu

37 minutes ago, Etzu said:

I also managed to get the info that the next warframe stream will start only on July 16th. So it means no devstream before July 19th, which is probably a strong "not before 19th + 7 day" for Gauss release, and so probably also no Empyrean before.

And also I read that the team has no release date for Empyrean, as in "we have no idea when it's ready", but they also said "we want to ship it as faster as possible, when it's ready", so it's close, but not close enough for them to be able to estimate the time left needed to complete what must be done.

I see, well I really do hope Gauss is out the next week, of Devstream or so, cuz that frame looks ready to ship, given we seen his powers in-show and toe. However as for Empyrean, like I said, unless they want to repat old mistake and draw out the player base by content draughting us then, it's better if you get it out as the dates I said.

29th of July Week we'll get it, if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

So my point still stand. You can Hype up players as much as you want, but only the "Hypers" will defend and stay ture, while the others move onto new games, given new games like DOOM, Wolfstine and such are close to Nov Relase date and even sooner, better get them out ASAP

18 hours ago, Loza03 said:

My two cents is that the first mission, with the derelict, was a straight-up normal misson. I'm slightly more divided about the Kuva Lich one though since that had more elements you'd typically see in such a showcase - specifically, it had a fair bit more dialogue, that whole 'you can't use the recall' thing near the end, and especially the ending part + the Fish Team segment, what with the cutscene and  'meanwhile, elsewhere in the system' fade outs. 

Still, you're right, it does seem to be a lot less of a setpiece than it was before, especially if I'm right about the first mission so I'm quite optimistic.

It stands to reason that they "pre-heated" the Kuva-Lich segment, having fish team on the ground was a dead give away, but I trust it was mostly functioning mechanics with tweaks.  Like the fighters and guns?  They all worked.  Capturing a Grineer corvette?  Functioning correctly.   Railjack abilities?  Working as intended.  Shield generator?  Except for the C4 going off immediately (not a stretch that will be a timed defense in reality) that's probably more than just proof of concept.  Kuva Lich?  Oh yeah, the abilities he had were already pre-determined, but overall, it worked like any other boss.

I'd give it two to three months tops for at least the base Railjack experience to release.  Kuva Liches might be a part 2 update.  Then we'll get The New War.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

You are all SO optimistic... Don't get me wrong, I WANT empyrean to come out soon, I want it so bad, but I'm afraid we'll all be disappointed...

Tell yourself it ain't coming before 2020, that way you won't get any bad suprise if any DElays are encountered.

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

29th of July Week we'll get it, if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

You forgot one thing that could push empyrean slightly further The 3rd and Final Orb Mother Boss Fight. If DE push this update Empyrean could get slightly push back by a month or more because players have content to chew thus giving time for DE to polish things more or they could ship it with empyrean and maybe release it based on your assumptions.

il y a une heure, DrivaMain a dit :

You forgot one thing that could push empyrean slightly further The 3rd and Final Orb Mother Boss Fight. If DE push this update Empyrean could get slightly push back by a month or more because players have content to chew thus giving time for DE to polish things more or they could ship it with empyrean and maybe release it based on your assumptions.

I'm convinced the 3rd orb fight is related to the mission above venus we saw on tennocon 2018. Nef Anyo was upset as if he lost something. Right now we got two orb fight to rekt his work and got no reaction at all about it. Why would he bombard the Vallis, which is his profit source right now, except because he doesn't profit anymore from it ? (aka his 3rd orb down)

Plus Don't you Feel STRANGE that the 3rd Orb Mother is ... near the .... "SPATIOPORT", that's probably an intentional huge hint there XD.

The 3rd orb fight could also simply be the way to drop Gauss, and later on when Empyrean is ready the consequences of our blitzkrieg against the Orbs will lead Nef Anyo to come and bombard the Vallis in introduction of the Empyrean Update (so no direct temporal link between 3rd orb fight and Empyrean) Last time we heard about the 3rd orb fight, Scott said they started to work on the fight concept, we'll probably learn things about it on the next devstream as well as on abilites of Gauss.

I think it's fair to say Empyrean won't come this month, makes more sense for it to come next month, all depend on the setting of the "how do we get the railjack", if it's the mission from tennocon 2019 then it needs some events before, if it's another way it needs only the time to finish the dev.

• Like 2

Il y a 9 heures, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

I just remembered that I searched yesterday the Canadian vacation dates and I found that:

"nearly 25% of Quebec workers are on holiday during the last complete week of July and first week off August (known as the Construction Holiday)."

So maybe they also take holidays at those time, meaning 29th july would be nop and 1st week of august too. But it's not a goto, all depend on the vacation schedule on DE.

If I had to take a guess, based on past updates announced at TennoCon, I would say mid October, but if somehow the update needs to be DElayed, then mid November...

Edited by vvhorus

On 2019-07-07 at 3:50 PM, Torbamf said:

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year, but if not, does anyone know when it's release date is? I say this mainly because I fear there might be another content drought like the one before the jovian Concord and even before that. Thank you for your time!

Soon(TM)

2 hours ago, Viges said:

Right after melee 3.0 🤣

Actually, that's almost here. They released a part of it already with the changes to swap mechanics.

And now Wukong's 4th ability is a test-bed preview of what 3.0 will be.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-07-07 at 9:50 PM, Torbamf said:

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year, but if not, does anyone know when it's release date is? I say this mainly because I fear there might be another content drought like the one before the jovian Concord and even before that. Thank you for your time!

Isn't there a drought after the Jovian Concord??? I was done with it after 2 weeks of release.

On 2019-07-09 at 12:52 PM, DrivaMain said:

The 3rd and Final Orb Mother Boss Fight. If DE push this update Empyrean could get slightly push back by a month or more because players have content to chew 

No, Just, No.

(See the bottom post)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed Nightmode Iusse

20 hours ago, Etzu said:

So maybe they also take holidays at those time, meaning 29th july would be nop and 1st week of august too. But it's not a goto, all depend on the vacation schedule on DE.

Excuse me?

15 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well we know that it's coming before New War, Playstation made an article on it being the next expansion and WF's current profile icon on social media represents the Empyrean update.

Can you link it please? and yes, given them factors, that or just more hype injections

4 hours ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

Isn't there a drought after the Jovian Concord??? I was done with it after 2 weeks of release.

There already is, not everyone likes Nightwave so it seems

On 2019-07-09 at 2:11 PM, Etzu said:

I'm convinced the 3rd orb fight is related to the mission above venus we saw on tennocon 2018. Nef Anyo was upset as if he lost something. Right now we got two orb fight to rekt his work and got no reaction at all about it. Why would he bombard the Vallis, which is his profit source right now, except because he doesn't profit anymore from it ? (aka his 3rd orb down)

Plus Don't you Feel STRANGE that the 3rd Orb Mother is ... near the .... "SPATIOPORT", that's probably an intentional huge hint there XD.

The 3rd orb fight could also simply be the way to drop Gauss, and later on when Empyrean is ready the consequences of our blitzkrieg against the Orbs will lead Nef Anyo to come and bombard the Vallis in introduction of the Empyrean Update (so no direct temporal link between 3rd orb fight and Empyrean) Last time we heard about the 3rd orb fight, Scott said they started to work on the fight concept, we'll probably learn things about it on the next devstream as well as on abilites of Gauss.

I think it's fair to say Empyrean won't come this month, makes more sense for it to come next month, all depend on the setting of the "how do we get the railjack", if it's the mission from tennocon 2019 then it needs some events before, if it's another way it needs only the time to finish the dev.

Perhaps, but a new boss fight added to an already existing world is not really something to "chew down on" as you and me, to the next person will just bring the Meta Build and be done with the boss within 2-3 days, same as Orb Mother.

Gauss will be likely added to Little Duck (and given the have the other Orb) it's likely Vets and most players have Rep stocked up, so while that is "something" it be done and dusted quite quickly and then what else is there?, besides leveling/Froma the new weapons/Guass

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

LOL

no, an new Orb fight is not Content, just another bullet-sponge 

Mind you if DE push that update first, Empyrean will get pushed back because Warframe only receive content updates (be it small or large) once every month.

12 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Soon(TM)

Actually, that's almost here. They released a part of it already with the changes to swap mechanics.

And now Wukong's 4th ability is a test-bed preview of what 3.0 will be.

If I can find it once more, they did say that Melee 3.0 hit a roadblock, due to Tennocon/New War and Railjack, so might not see that for some time.

Let me try find it and I'll update the link here

Edit: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-07-09-warframe-developer-on-avoiding-crunch-its-not-a-sprint-its-a-marathon

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
My phone is not nice