Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Mind you if DE push that update first, Empyrean will get pushed back because Warframe only receive content updates (be it small or large) once every month.

Ture, I guess, but eh, it was the same last-year and we all kown what happened 

30 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Excuse me?

Can you link it please? and yes, given them factors, that or just more hype injections

There already is, not everyone likes Nightwave so it seems

Perhaps, but a new boss fight added to an already existing world is not really something to "chew down on" as you and me, to the next person will just bring the Meta Build and be done with the boss within 2-3 days, same as Orb Mother.

Gauss will be likely added to Little Duck (and given the have the other Orb) it's likely Vets and most players have Rep stocked up, so while that is "something" it be done and dusted quite quickly and then what else is there?, besides leveling/Froma the new weapons/Guass

If they create this from the last tennocon and now we seen its like is finished project... I don't see the reason why we need to wait much longer. It would bee realistic if we got this update by the end of this month...

11 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

If they create this from the last tennocon and now we seen its like is finished project... I don't see the reason why we need to wait much longer. It would bee realistic if we got this update by the end of this month...

This ^

Perhaps this month might be a bit of a stretch, as the Devs are "taking a well earn break" from Tennocon traveling places does that to you, so like I said in my post:  if we are lucky 29th of July Week (this month) we'll get it, but given the break and devstream is not until next week, more or less if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

I see no ethical reason why it should not be July-August to be released, looking at the Demo, all it needs is a good polishing and clearing up, as I highly doute we'll get the WHOLE star chart right of the bat, they did this with Orb Mother, that came after. (and the following Orbs) 

What we saw was the absolute latest build of it. I can't remember where I read it. But I heard it can come out in early as a month. 

New war is Christmas time which means console players won't get that till next year. The paradox was teased and "just started work on" so probably mid next year. 

• Like 2

I think "by the end of October" is a must IF DE wants to be on schedule with The New War

What I was thinking about is IF DE will decide to roll it up all at once or not

I'd basically divide the Empyrean demo in 4 parts that DE could decide to implement step by step

1- The new graphic engine

I think it's pretty risky to roll it out together with the whole expansion, and I'd release it alone and test it properly, especially on consoles

2- The squad link system

Another thing that I'd test on small scope before going big

3- The whole Railjack stuff with the ship

4 - The KuvaLeech/Kingpin system

As Kingpin can be something rolled out at a later date

Between all these things I expect another phase of Melee update, the 3rd Orb, pets 2.0 and some animation rework for heroic moments and the wall run

3 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

What we saw was the absolute latest build of it. I can't remember where I read it. But I heard it can come out in early as a month. 

New war is Christmas time which means console players won't get that till next year. The paradox was teased and "just started work on" so probably mid next year. 

Can you try your best to remaber?, it will be great!

2 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Don't think that Kingpin system is strictly tied to it as more than likely you will be able to do it outside of the railjack segment of the game as well.

However I do wonder if the Kingpins(Kuva Liches) will be strictly Grineer or if they can be Corpus as well like it was originally shown.

No I don't think it is, I think the Sqaurd Link and Kingpin is something later 

1 hour ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Steve said that the build was "cluster from yesterday at 11 PM" or something like that at Tennocon

Ad yeah, I think they'll leave Kingpin for a bit later, as well as Squad Link

I see, so its a build not a demo like last tennocon, so yes, it is infact ready to ship, besides cleaning and polishing.

10 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

If I can find it once more, they did say that Melee 3.0 hit a roadblock, due to Tennocon/New War and Railjack, so might not see that for some time.

Let me try find it and I'll update the link here

Edit: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-07-09-warframe-developer-on-avoiding-crunch-its-not-a-sprint-its-a-marathon

Well they're back from Tennocon now. Shame they kinda have to go "back to the drawing board" in some places, but I think they could still do it this year.

9 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This ^

Perhaps this month might be a bit of a stretch, as the Devs are "taking a well earn break" from Tennocon traveling places does that to you, so like I said in my post:  if we are lucky 29th of July Week (this month) we'll get it, but given the break and devstream is not until next week, more or less if not around 1st/2nd of August Weeks or if they really push it 3rd week of Aug

I see no ethical reason why it should not be July-August to be released, looking at the Demo, all it needs is a good polishing and clearing up, as I highly doute we'll get the WHOLE star chart right of the bat, they did this with Orb Mother, that came after. (and the following Orbs) 

That sounds extremely optimistic. That was just fresh off the build the night before Tennocon, and they were EXTREMELY nervous. If Steve is that nervous, they don't feel ready to launch.

Plus, pretty sure the end of July is a regular Canadian holiday week or two.

They showed us what they showed us. That doesn't mean the whole thing is ready to ship. Yes, it looks good, but don't run away with the hype train.

I could see it being a late August to mid-September release, personally.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

My biggest concern will be the wait-time for consoles, or more specifically, the Switch, I know Panic Button is doing a great job with it, but its gonna take some flat out VOODOO to make Empyrean run well on the Switch, unless there is some scale-ability that the new engine has that we don't know/haven't seen yet.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My biggest concern will be the wait-time for consoles, or more specifically, the Switch, I know Panic Button is doing a great job with it, but its gonna take some flat out VOODOO to make Empyrean run well on the Switch, unless there is some scale-ability that the new engine has that we don't know/haven't seen yet.

Warframe is why I wish, instead of a "Switch Mini" Nintendo would release a "Switch Prime" beefed up with better hardware, sacrificing the Switch's already-small design. I've got big hands, so the Switch without a protective rubber case feels as fragile as a glass pane to me.

Also, that reminds me, I need to open that up and get back to my newby Nintenno who only just hit Venus... :S
Been focusing too much on my PC!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I see, so its a build not a demo like last tennocon, so yes, it is infact ready to ship, besides cleaning and polishing.

Not necessarily ready to ship, but a fair bit closer to that point that Fortuna was at 2018's - where, if the fact the bounty-in-field system there vs final is anything to go by, the actual bounty system wasn't actually hooked up yet.

My god, this got a lot of responses, lol. It's a shame that all we really have is assumptions or potential half-truths right now, I really hope DE gives us an update on the release time frame, because not releasing railjack in between New War would mean a whole 5 months of nothing.

1 hour ago, Torbamf said:

would mean a whole 5 months of nothing.

In this kind of event, you pull the "play another game" card and fortunately in these months until christmas theres lots of games that get released or get updates too.
for me theres EDF 5 that just got put on steam in just a few more hours, then theres destiny 2 on september, and halo master chief collection is also coming.

but knowing how de push out content in rapid fire during anthem thing, i bet on september near destiny2 launch on steam they will do something too.

1 hour ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

In this kind of event, you pull the "play another game" card and fortunately in these months until christmas theres lots of games that get released or get updates too.
for me theres EDF 5 that just got put on steam in just a few more hours, then theres destiny 2 on september, and halo master chief collection is also coming.

but knowing how de push out content in rapid fire during anthem thing, i bet on september near destiny2 launch on steam they will do something too.

exactly, its not the end of the world for you if you take a break and play something else, or just log in for nightwave weeklies + play something else. the real harm comes from forcing urself to play warframe while being bitter how there's 'no content' (bc you probably rushed through the latest stuff in like 2 days) and burning yourself out that way. just because warframe is a game recieving updates doesnt mean you have to sit glued to it 24/7. getting hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime in any game, especially a free game, shouldn't be overlooked. treating a 5 month pause between major content drops like the end of the world, or like DE are crap devs because of it, is extremely unfair and devoid of perspective imo. it's not like a fallout 76 scenario or something

If you guys read here, you can get some hints

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-empyrean-full-reveal

" Kingpin System: Enemies have started to adapt to Tenno lethality, and from it, kingpins will emerge. More information coming soon."

Note "More information coming soon"

or

" Signal the Squad Link: Transcend beyond your solo objective and tap into a larger mission by reaching out to other squads of Tenno using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up active players on Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon (or vice versa) to help the bigger cause -- lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more, as the New War looms."

Note "as the New War looms" meaning that Empyrean will be around way before Christmas

and

"Using a completely re-written rendering technology (“Deferred Renderer”) in its proprietary Evolution Engine, Warframe’s graphics have never looked better."

So yeah, I think it will be rolled out in phases

This will be somewhat controversial opinion but I actually predict Empyrean will come sooner than September-October roundabout time. Not next week though either. Why do I think this? Well I recall back to the history of release cycles of DE, especially to Plains of Eidolon and the Sacrifice quest and back then Plains of Eidolon was released November 14th and the next major expansion to story the Sacrifice was release on July 5th next year. Historically DE usually has had a release window and a period of roughly half a year before major expansions release. Now obviously this can not be the case here, nor does it necessarily mean that what once was always will be (Argumentum Ad Historiam), but it does make sense from a development viewpoint because that gives more time for preparation and fine tuning. Of course I do not think that September-October releasetime is unreasonable, it may very well be, but all I am saying is that it might be sooner. Not next week, probably not this month, but sooner.