Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

10 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

We are a joke to them. To constantly demand content the way we do... is something they're laughing about.

Oh boy is this going to be fun to respond to.

1: If that was this was turely the case: Warframe whuold be dead by now. (New players are already stuck and confused, a shiny that costs way too much, is not gonna make the game any better, that's almost as bad as EA targeting young with Lockboxs, be careful with your wording Drake)

2. I am also guilty of buying PA (and surely others are), due to their just smipley want to skip the grind (that is low, so they can bait players into opening their wallets), sometimes you are lucky and you get the item you want right off the bat with Relics. (I got mine from a player who was selling it at junk prime level, if you go to the Market, you see its super cheep to buy the PA stuff lately, you see my point?) And Partners get such PAs things for FREE. (I'm not saying that's bad, I'm saying that's less people buying)

3. If we're the "stubborn tryhards" that results in makes DE no money, then well, that's a sad fact -THEY- will have to face, not us. If they want to milk new players of their wallets, like a certain other people, be my guest, see how long it lasts. For one great thing about DE is that, not much see it, but they care for New Players, in the correct way, to make things better for them while trying to help the Vets (trying). If DE only cared for New Players, Warframe whuold be gone. (You are not a new player forever)

P.S: I just want to let everyone kown tryhards for goggle turned out to be "Hardstands" lol.

4. Hema research cost. It entices newer players into buying the Nidus bundle: Yes and no, while I can understand that might be the case, Steve himself said that, it wanted to keep it, in respect to the >Vets< who have already done it. I have Hema, cuz hell no I am farming that much and its just a single weapon in the end of the day (and for vets not even that powerful). (if  you have a OP build for the Hema btw please anyone let me kown, PM it me :d)

I don't recall seeing anything else besides Vauban P (that got fixed, somewhat) who has a such insane high resource cost (Not counting the Orokin Blade thingy, we got from Ballas, cuz it was a deduct sink for most Vets, and farming primes for new players both means, new shinys and if they don't want that one right now, resources for new weapon)

5. Last and final one: If DE didn't branch out to Open Worlds or Space-like Sims they are doing right now, then Warframe whuold be just be kown as a Hoard Shooter and "that really grindy game, with a backstory slapped on for yeys). I think its great that we have open worlds and railjacks now, it makes the game a massive jack of all trades game. (Tileset Maps,Open World Maps, Space Maps) and its all simple and easy to understand.

I admit open world is not for everyone, nor is space sims, but if you just want plan old Warframe, then just leave that content out, until you feel ready to play it. I have a friend who never touches new content for about a week or more, so he has the full experience (and not runs into bugs) and I also have another, who, Just don't like PoE its as simple as that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I don't think that is the case, Arcwing was a laughing stock at Tennocon (IIRC), they won't repeat same mistakes with railjack, that is alteast one hope I can live with.

People cheered for Archwing when it was revealed.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-09 at 4:49 AM, Formous said:

Given the nature of the Shadow of War Nemesis system that Kuva Lich is literally copied from, Dialogue variety will be rather important for the system's Success.  I REALLY hope Rebecca understands this. It's Better they Say more and it Varies more across the types of Kingpins you can encounter, if you really want them to Stick. Dialogue Matters. If you are using the same lines for more then 2 Lichs in a row, you made a mistake.

Sorry but the Shadow of War Nemesis system is severely different from the Kuva Lich King Pin system. While fundamentally similar Shadow of War lets you manipulate a hierarchy of enemies of different ranks, sometimes developing a personal relationship with them. Replacing commanders, and taking revenge on enemies that previously killed you. Warframe's King Pin system (as explained by the livestream) will randomly generate an enemy custom tailored to you, the player, and only you. One enemy, one Tenno. He will hunt you specifically, as so you develop a relationship with him/her as you relentlessly kill each other, while he/she gains stronger, the longer you neglect perusing them. Both great systems but highly different. Nothing was copied here.

23 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Who needs pixel perfect aiming in Archwing?

I zoom around with the boost on constantly in combat, firing away at whatever I can hit. It's more exciting that way.

You're also lowering your damage output that way as well.

This is why some minor aim assist is actually a good thing for fast paced games, because it makes more exciting gameplay more optimal.

17 hours ago, MJ12 said:

You're also lowering your damage output that way as well.

This is why some minor aim assist is actually a good thing for fast paced games, because it makes more exciting gameplay more optimal.

Like I need massive damage output against archwing enemies?

Besides, this is why we Fluctus.

On 2019-07-08 at 8:55 AM, krc473 said:

DE never said. Other new content is due out around the end of the year though. It looked reasonably far along, so it might be out in a couple of months, but that’s just a guess.

Actually they did... Sortof. They said at tennocon: we're trying to lock down this year. Hopefully. Maybe 

Edited by Arniox

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 11:12 PM, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

That's the case, whatever the next update is they tend to update the profile icon on the social media in preparation for it. It's on both, Twitter and Facebook.

Youtube's game listing has also been changed to Warframe: Empyrean for the past month or so.

On the Giant Beastcast they had a guy from Gamespot (I think) that was given backstage access with a camera to Tennocon. He seems to think it will be out within a few months. No idea if that's just something he thinks, or if he was told that by DE while filming.

21 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Like I need massive damage output against archwing enemies?

Besides, this is why we Fluctus.

There are more weapons in the Archwing arsenal than the Fluctus, and "like I need massive damage output against archwing enemies" is a red herring. The point is that it is optimal to actually stay still and do pixel perfect aiming if you're going to be shooting in Archwing. This is a bad thing because it means that far from being fast-paced dogfighting, the game encourages you to play space-turret.

The game should not, in fact, encourage playing space-turret if DE wants Archwing to be a fast-paced dogfight mode.

The fact that you're going "this is why we Fluctus" and not realizing that you're proving my point-all Archwing weapons should have some level of aim assist, whether it's from massive attack hitboxes, bullet magnetism, homing projectiles, or whatever you choose, because otherwise the people who want to play the game as a fast-paced dogfight game (which is what DE wants) will be effectively limited to the Archwing weapons that do provide said aim assist, while the rest of the weapons disincentivize the very sort of gameplay DE actually wants.

This is a bad thing, and fixing it would be good, because it opens up the weapon choice in Archwing, and also helps encourage more people to play it as a fast-paced dogfighting game rather than getting bored because it's a turret defense where you shoot at tiny targets while standing still. I don't know why you're acting like "but if you use the Fluctus and Larkspur exclusively, you'll be fine" is a valid counterargument to the fact that actually, some aim assist in a fast-paced shooter game is good for the game itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJ12 said:

There are more weapons in the Archwing arsenal than the Fluctus, and "like I need massive damage output against archwing enemies" is a red herring. The point is that it is optimal to actually stay still and do pixel perfect aiming if you're going to be shooting in Archwing. This is a bad thing because it means that far from being fast-paced dogfighting, the game encourages you to play space-turret.

The game should not, in fact, encourage playing space-turret if DE wants Archwing to be a fast-paced dogfight mode.

The fact that you're going "this is why we Fluctus" and not realizing that you're proving my point-all Archwing weapons should have some level of aim assist, whether it's from massive attack hitboxes, bullet magnetism, homing projectiles, or whatever you choose, because otherwise the people who want to play the game as a fast-paced dogfight game (which is what DE wants) will be effectively limited to the Archwing weapons that do provide said aim assist, while the rest of the weapons disincentivize the very sort of gameplay DE actually wants.

This is a bad thing, and fixing it would be good, because it opens up the weapon choice in Archwing, and also helps encourage more people to play it as a fast-paced dogfighting game rather than getting bored because it's a turret defense where you shoot at tiny targets while standing still. I don't know why you're acting like "but if you use the Fluctus and Larkspur exclusively, you'll be fine" is a valid counterargument to the fact that actually, some aim assist in a fast-paced shooter game is good for the game itself.

You clearly haven't been fighting against higher-level Archwing enemies. They're not hard to kill, nor do they require pixel-perfect aiming.

I'm simply saying if you feel that need, you may as well go with Fluctus, because it's the only way to turn off that part of your brain that demands perfect aim.

The problem is simply that Archwing doesn't really encourage that type of dog-fighting. The controls don't prevent it, nor do the weapons. Unless you consider the fact that sitting still like a turret causes you to die quickly in Archwing, I guess.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎15 at 8:06 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

The what?

When YouTube detects gameplay footage, it will add a little icon below the description and list off some basic info (release dates and such). Recently, before Tennocon, it began identifying Warframe footage as being from "Warframe: Empyrean", even if it was covering the game's current content exclusively.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

When YouTube detects gameplay footage, it will add a little icon below the description and list off some basic info (release dates and such). Recently, before Tennocon, it began identifying Warframe footage as being from "Warframe: Empyrean", even if it was covering the game's current content exclusively.

So, do we have one or not?

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, do we have one or not?

Not sure. It seems youtube has switched back to using regular warframe. Even when it was doing it, I recall it listed 2013 as the release year, as it's not technically a separate game.

On 2019-07-13 at 3:53 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

People cheered for Archwing when it was revealed.

I don't recall that, but given Warframe was still in the "early days" of say, like it is now, that is understandable, but now?, yeah....

Also Arcwing turned out to be the mess it is now, so no wonder.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

Not sure. It seems youtube has switched back to using regular warframe. Even when it was doing it, I recall it listed 2013 as the release year, as it's not technically a separate game.

Huh, well 2013 was a few years back, so..that not says anything lol.

but got to kown 

On 2019-07-08 at 4:50 AM, Torbamf said:

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year, but if not, does anyone know when it's release date is? I say this mainly because I fear there might be another content drought like the one before the jovian Concord and even before that. Thank you for your time!

#whenitsready Soon™

I bet my hat that Empyrean will come before The New War:

-Empyrean demo gave the feeling that all this content is almost finished and ready to be deployed (new dojo room, custom/upgrade railjack, railjack missions, nemesis fight)

-In other hand we just got a trailer and some concepts for The New War, nothing solid compared to Empyrean's content

-Warframe pages on social media changed their profile pictures for the Empyrean logo few days bedore tennocon

-I think that DE gave release date for TNW and not for Empyrean because this one is about to be released really soon

On 2019-07-07 at 1:50 PM, Torbamf said:

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year, but if not, does anyone know when it's release date is? I say this mainly because I fear there might be another content drought like the one before the jovian Concord and even before that. Thank you for your time!

Three days after Half-Life 3.