Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

On 2019-07-11 at 8:39 PM, bluejello said:

You are aware that new war is coming christmas 2019, according to the trailer on the playwarframe youtube channel, and The Empyrean reveal recap article has " as the New War looms" as the final sentence to the squad link entry, which certainly makes it sound like railjack is coming between now and new war, so sept-oct is a decent guess from all the information I have seen.

you do relise is was being hyperbolic but I doubt that a new war will be here for Christmas unless we get rail jack before October

On 2019-07-12 at 11:03 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Imagine being one of the few players who finds anything about archwing exciting. Perhaps that's why you think archwing is sufficient for Empyrean and why we differ in opinion regarding the need for proper starfighters.

So let me get this straight: you find Archwing utterly boring.

Your solution is: scrap it, and have DE design starfighters.

You're telling me that you expect them designing a completely different system would somehow work out different? You're thinking that it wouldn't have similar problems? More problems, even?

The better solution is to FIX what's wrong with Archwing. I seriously can never understand the logic of people like you who decide scrapping ideas is better than fixing what's wrong.

Just looking at it conceptually in-universe, Archwing tech would ALWAYS be superior to small starfighter tech because they're faster, lighter, and more mobile, while still capable of carrying massive firepower. The small ships we can encounter in what few Archwing missions we have get torn to shreds by our Archwing gear. This game ain't ever gonna be X-wing vs TIE Fighter, so just accept that.

And yes, I do find Archwing exciting. That doesn't mean I don't want them to address the issues it has. It's a great idea that I really want them to see expand on.

On 2019-07-12 at 12:02 AM, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

Archwings are basically Warframe's version of Gundams. They are not supposed to be fighters, so they won't move like them as they allow for more freedom of movement. I remember Steve mentioning the game Strike suit Infinity, so the controls were probably based off of that. To me the mode is actually reminiscent of Capcom games like Section Z (1985), Hyper Dyne Side Arms (1986) and Forgotten Worlds (1988).

they limit use because of how they move. in plains I cant strafe an enemy position nor do they have the health needed to hover in place so I can shoot things.  combine all of that with their abysmal deceleration and lack proper momentum makes them clunky.  In arkwing i have all the down sides of a helicopter at the same time as all of the down sides of a jet fighter.  over all it plain sucks to use and I kinda like arkwing.  (that and none of the guns make sense for their combat roll)

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they limit use because of how they move. in plains I cant strafe an enemy position nor do they have the health needed to hover in place so I can shoot things.  combine all of that with their abysmal deceleration and lack proper momentum makes them clunky.  In arkwing i have all the down sides of a helicopter at the same time as all of the down sides of a jet fighter.  over all it plain sucks to use and I kinda like arkwing.  (that and none of the guns make sense for their combat roll)

I really wish the experimental controls would translate to Skywing, as they mostly remove the trouble with decelerating. Once you get used to those controls, the mobility of an archwing really shines through.

They could stand to just make the controls good. Even the experimental controls aren't quite right. I hope they're giving a major pass on the controls before Empyrean comes out, else everybody will just ignore it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

4 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I really wish the experimental controls would translate to Skywing, as they mostly remove the trouble with decelerating. Once you get used to those controls, the mobility of an archwing really shines through.

They could stand to just make the controls good. Even the experimental controls aren't quite right. I hope they're giving a major pass on the controls before Empyrean comes out, else everybody will just ignore it.

Totally agree on the controls front, some of it is there, like the reverse turn (love that move) but things like the left/right roll just make steering more troublesome at times.

Add in the wonky momentum issues and the lack of hard breaking ability (also it may just be me but for some reason I feel like I move slower while not boosting/sprinting with experimental mode on than when it is off) and all-around questionable acquisition of Archwing weapons and its no wonder alot of people are turned off by the schema, and the lack of missions doesn't help either.

Judging by what little we saw in the trailer however it seems to be at least smoother in controls, and the open space should help cause less crashes.

29 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

So let me get this straight: you find Archwing utterly boring.

Your solution is: scrap it, and have DE design starfighters.

You're telling me that you expect them designing a completely different system would somehow work out different? You're thinking that it wouldn't have similar problems? More problems, even?

The better solution is to FIX what's wrong with Archwing. I seriously can never understand the logic of people like you who decide scrapping ideas is better than fixing what's wrong.

Just looking at it conceptually in-universe, Archwing tech would ALWAYS be superior to small starfighter tech because they're faster, lighter, and more mobile, while still capable of carrying massive firepower. The small ships we can encounter in what few Archwing missions we have get torn to shreds by our Archwing gear. This game ain't ever gonna be X-wing vs TIE Fighter, so just accept that.

And yes, I do find Archwing exciting. That doesn't mean I don't want them to address the issues it has. It's a great idea that I really want them to see expand on.

I don't want DE to remove archwings from the game. I think Archwing needs to be improved and reworked to feel more like Iron Man, particularly in how you fly and turn and stuff like that.

Even with improving archwing, it still doesn't fill that fighter role. So I want Tenno starfighters in addition to archwings. Tenno fighters also wouldn't be in their own mode like Archwing. They'd be there to support the Railjack in the Empyrean mode. And, no, there's no way archwings would be faster than fighters. And their firepower isn't that massive compared to what a fighter could put out.

There's also no reason Empyrean couldn't be X-wing vs TIE fighter. Empyrean should be Sea of Thieves meets Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault meets OG Battlefront 2 Space Assault mode. That would be the best way to maintain the feel of Warframe's core gameplay instead of simply having a mode that tries to be a slow spaceship simulator mode.

28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Teach me your ways, so I can learn to travel in time, so I can play New War early!

You already did.

But then your Evil Counterpart came to the past and stopped you from doing that so you could suffer the wait. Now you are living in an alternate timeline where your plans for time travel never bore fruit.

Edited by Kaotyke
syntax

4 hours ago, SilverWolf29 said:

I bet my hat that Empyrean will come before The New War:

-Empyrean demo gave the feeling that all this content is almost finished and ready to be deployed (new dojo room, custom/upgrade railjack, railjack missions, nemesis fight)

-In other hand we just got a trailer and some concepts for The New War, nothing solid compared to Empyrean's content

-Warframe pages on social media changed their profile pictures for the Empyrean logo few days bedore tennocon

-I think that DE gave release date for TNW and not for Empyrean because this one is about to be released really soon

It is pretty much official that Empyrean will come before the New War. Even better, it is pretty much confirmed that Empyrean will be the next big content patch. 

Playstation twitter tweeted that Empyrean is the next expansion for Warframe, for example, and the voice of Cephalon Cy stated that Empyrean was coming 'later this year'. With New War being slated for Christmas, it'd leave no room for Empyrean if that was to come after it. Cephalon Cy's tweet was retweeted by the official Warframe Twitter, so it's not a misunderstanding or anything.

4 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

It is pretty much official that Empyrean will come before the New War. Even better, it is pretty much confirmed that Empyrean will be the next big content patch. 

In such will moreless result in August at some point (any dates closer to Dec, will very likely, only delay New War)

I love your name btw!

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

In such will moreless result in August at some point (any dates closer to Dec, will very likely, only delay New War)

I love your name btw!

August is the primary target of speculations, I think. 

And thanks! I like yours too!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

I think it's a good estimate.

I did recently notice that most of the nodes in the Railjack navigation were missing their graphics, which at first seems like bad news (AKA, it's not done), but in my mind it's quite positive because it's a very strong point in the 'it's an actual build of Railjack' idea. After all, if it were smoke and mirrors, flaws like that would be hidden by smoke and mirrors, just like they were in the original reveal.

35 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I did recently notice that most of the nodes in the Railjack navigation were missing their graphics, which at first seems like bad news (AKA, it's not done), but in my mind it's quite positive because it's a very strong point in the 'it's an actual build of Railjack' idea. After all, if it were smoke and mirrors, flaws like that would be hidden by smoke and mirrors, just like they were in the original reveal.

I'm pretty convinced it was the real build since, apparently, the players were all up on stage too.

4 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Even with improving archwing, it still doesn't fill that fighter role. So I want Tenno starfighters in addition to archwings. Tenno fighters also wouldn't be in their own mode like Archwing. They'd be there to support the Railjack in the Empyrean mode. And, no, there's no way archwings would be faster than fighters. And their firepower isn't that massive compared to what a fighter could put out.

Eeh... I honestly disagree. A starfighter is just a one-man weapons platform, with engines and life support. Which is also what Archwing is. I don't see how a starfighter design would be in any way superior to Archwing. Hell, if anything, it would be like piloting a Dargyn - and we've all seen how weak and fragile those are.

Archwing reminds me of the Nier: Automata flight units at this point, just more minimalistic. And fitting with the "space ninja" theme more effectively.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DrakeWurrum

11 hours ago, Colyeses said:

And thanks! I like yours too!

Thanks 😄

And yes, I do agree that August is rightfully for the specs

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

10 hours ago, Colyeses said:

I'm pretty convinced it was the real build since, apparently, the players were all up on stage too.

I'm pretty convinced as well, as I strongly do think it was an actual builds considering players where able to play on it fully, on top of Gauss frame as well, after all, I did do a bet with a pal on if it's gonna be the end of July or sometime in August. (If all else fails we may forgive a September release).

But all in all, having solid content at all in July/Aug is gonna be something, as we had nothing for 2 months now (Not counting Nightwave)

23 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

that is needed either remove momentum or make the vector based on the global value and not the frame direction

Anyone else noticed that:

lJZ7ci3.png

ifSvQGN.png

A6XZZIT.png

Those three miniature models are on the pc starchart in 25.4, and they're using Empyrean 3d models already.

Infested miniature models are still using the old models, that could mean they're still working on the infested ships modeling.