Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-13 at 7:59 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

I understand it and disagree with it, for one simple reason: Warframe isn't for hardcore players. Veterans like me are not the target audience. Those of us who would be called veteran/hardcore/tryhard/min-maxer. New players are, and likely the middle-road ones to a degree. You can see it in their devstreams and their twitter accounts: they joke around about veterans wanting content all the time. It's a joke to them. We are a joke to them. To constantly demand content the way we do... is something they're laughing about.

Warframe is for casual co-op players, and... it's way past time people just accept that. They're never going to fix the difficulty issue we veterans have. They're never going to do endgame. They're never going to release content fast enough for us.

And it comes down to revenue streams, I would guess. Prime Access is their biggest one. It brings in most of their money. I'm willing to bet that Prime Access is mostly bought by newer players. Think about it: you haven't unlocked the star chart. You probably still use your starter frame, maybe a handful of the weapons you can get early. Maybe you've maxed them, maybe not. Your mod collection is incomplete, so you still feel really weak. You haven't bought a color palette yet, so everything looks ugly to you.

Then you catch sight of the Prime Access, and it all looks so beautifully golden and powerful, and... well, you've never seen anything like that frame or those weapons, not yet. It's enticing.

This obviously can lead to the drawback of players mistakenly believing that the game is pay2win, because they don't realize... you can get that stuff just from playing the game.

Which is what we veterans do. Prime Access doesn't appeal to us. We're the stubborn tryhards who want to earn it ourselves, fully aware of how easy it is to grind out those relics. Which... makes DE no money.

It's the same reason they still haven't addressed the Hema research cost. It entices newer players into buying the Nidus bundle.

I would hazard to guess that this is why they're constantly putting out these stand-alone projects, like Railjack, or the open world areas. They're trying to branch out into more types of content to draw in the kinds of new players that content would draw in.

This is why open worlds are now their thing, when the vast majority of veterans hate them. They don't care that we hate them. They want to draw in more players to casually grind through the game from the beginning. These open world areas are big and beautiful and allows them to do big, grand "boss" battles that look amazing for marketing purposes.

It probably helps that doing these new projects with new ideas is way more fun for them than going back over the game they've already designed and fixing things for the better. That's probably bigger than anything else I said above. They want to maintain their creative freedom, damn the demands of the players.

And that's all fine. Warframe is the casual chill grind game. I'll go elsewhere for my hardcore fix, and DE can just not take my money. I see no benefit in being dramatic about this anymore. Call me cynical and bitter... it's the truth. And I'm done with being laughed at.

OK no no no and double damned no.

I am stumped at how idiotic people are.

On 2019-09-03 at 1:34 AM, Hyroncore said:

OK no no no and double damned no.

I am stumped at how idiotic people are.

Truth hurts, don't it?

Warframe's content releases are simply not aimed at the veteran audience. It's a casual, chill grind game. We will never get true endgame. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Just this year we got.... Nightwave grind, with a random faceroll boss (seriously, not a hard boss). Graphical update to PoE. Exploiter Orb - simple parts/standing grind. A bunch of new frames - fun, but not really content, and not at all a difficulty challenge. Gas City rework - which came with a boss that I soloed from day one.

Arbitrations? I farm it for Endo until I get bored. Which doesn't take long.

Disruption? It's great to see a new game mode, really, but it's not hard. I solo-farmed it when it first came out to get all the Hexenon I needed. Now I'm solo-farming until I have the Gauss and both his low-chance-to-drop weapons. (Seriously, a 1.25% chance to drop does NOT make it veteran content)
I'd honestly love to see them go back to the game modes we already have and improve upon them. Even Defection and Lunaro.

There's seriously nothing in this game for people who have acquired all the gear and mods. The veteran/hardcore players are not the target audience. LifeOf Rio said it best: the best content in Warframe is the new player content. Which is part of why they're working to revamp it.

It's not a *BAD* thing. Keep that in mind. Warframe is fun. Warframe also is what it is. And we need to stop trying to force it to be something it's not. It's a casual grind game, plain and simple.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

14 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Empyrean will come out shortly after valve releases half-life 3

Looking like it will be here this month or next, actually. Their intent is to release it before New War, which is in December...

And oh look! Nightwave Series 2 is about to end! Convenient timing, eh?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

Looking like it will be here this month or next, actually. There intent is to release it before New War, which is in December...

And oh look! Nightwave Series 2 is about to end! Convenient timing, eh?

Almost too convenient...

I would love to see Empyrean drop within this or next month, but the pain of being on a console (especially bad since I'm on the Switch) makes me doubt the release schedule will pan out for the better T_T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Looking like it will be here this month or next, actually. Their intent is to release it before New War, which is in December...

I can bet you right now that New War has been pushed to next year, just watch.

Our "Mainline" update had nothing to do with Railjack and we had 3 pieces of content with it, the rest where wallet based content.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Almost too convenient...

I would love to see Empyrean drop within this or next month, but the pain of being on a console (especially bad since I'm on the Switch) makes me doubt the release schedule will pan out for the better T_T.

Yeah, I feel bad, in the rate this goes, you won't be seening New War/Railjack until next year (due to PC gets updated first)

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, I feel bad, in the rate this goes, you won't be seening New War/Railjack until next year

It all depends on if Empyrean is as buggy as Fortuna was, there were 2 delays on getting Fortuna to the Switch and IIRC that pushed it back at least a month.

...So depending on how bug ridden and hard to compress Empyrean is I might not see Empyrean proper until this time next year at this rate.

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It all depends on if Empyrean is as buggy as Fortuna was, there were 2 delays on getting Fortuna to the Switch and IIRC that pushed it back at least a month.

...So depending on how bug ridden and hard to compress Empyrean is I might not see Empyrean proper until this time next year at this rate.

Ooooof

20 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Truth hurts, don't it?

Warframe's content releases are simply not aimed at the veteran audience. It's a casual, chill grind game. We will never get true endgame. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Just this year we got.... Nightwave grind, with a random faceroll boss (seriously, not a hard boss). Graphical update to PoE. Exploiter Orb - simple parts/standing grind. A bunch of new frames - fun, but not really content, and not at all a difficulty challenge. Gas City rework - which came with a boss that I soloed from day one.

Arbitrations? I farm it for Endo until I get bored. Which doesn't take long.

Disruption? It's great to see a new game mode, really, but it's not hard. I solo-farmed it when it first came out to get all the Hexenon I needed. Now I'm solo-farming until I have the Gauss and both his low-chance-to-drop weapons. (Seriously, a 1.25% chance to drop does NOT make it veteran content)
I'd honestly love to see them go back to the game modes we already have and improve upon them. Even Defection and Lunaro.

There's seriously nothing in this game for people who have acquired all the gear and mods. The veteran/hardcore players are not the target audience. LifeOf Rio said it best: the best content in Warframe is the new player content. Which is part of why they're working to revamp it.

It's not a *BAD* thing. Keep that in mind. Warframe is fun. Warframe also is what it is. And we need to stop trying to force it to be something it's not. It's a casual grind game, plain and simple.

So you just confirmed your one of those. 

I regret responding but at the same time you need to cram it. At risk of a forum ban I will say this clear and  simple.

You are a single player out of what thousands that enjoys this game. You are entitled to OPINIONS but not entitled to say they are fact. You are pushing that this is casual and are apparently demanding the rest of us to agree and sadly for you I aint one to agree. I kept my initial response brief but I am not after your intentionally aggressive flame response going to sit back and let it go.

I played this game since it launched on PC and recently played on Switch after my home PC died. I am MR16 on PC MR10 PS4 and MR9 nearly 10 on switch. I have seen this game grow from being very boring and linear to Solar 2.0 and Melee 2.9. We have 41 frames available 2 open worlds and a MASSIVE update coming that will shatter what its like to be playing a co-op MMOFPS. I have in that time seen 3 people including yourself that have IGNORED every growth this game has because of a desire to push this "its a casual game" OPINION despite the fact that people have made 100 wave defense videos or multi hour survivals with level 300+ enemies that were challenging. If you were not happy with how "boring" and "casual" this game is either you have NOT tried to push yourself and thus void any further response about how casual it is OR you are of a type that would find all but being 1shot casual and thus something Digital Extremes will never cater to.

I get you saying its not bad for being casual but doesnt that defeat your entire argument? 

That aside this has been one of the most developed FREE games in history that has not gone the way of others with overpriced ridiculous mtx etc and has on a regular schedule pushed content that has opened the world the devs created to us the player. Instead of slamming people with pathetic arguments that are really irrelevant to the future of the game how about you start discussing what you would WANT from the game? Say a mode that allows you to set up mutators that scale the difficulty to something you want? I wuld be more engaged by that then some prattling on about facts that are actually just opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

this not really means anything, they removed it also, goes to show you that its not "ready"

No, it does. A mainline update is an update to get everything that's ready on their dev build onto the main server so it's easier and more streamlined to both develop and release new content - often including under-the-hood stuff we don't know about. This also means that many near-done projects accidentally get parts leaked in every now and again - like some minor melee changes accidentally showed up in a mainline not long before melee 2.9.

Obviously they removed it because it's not 'ready' - just because one element of the mode is doesn't mean all of them are. But the fact is, Railjack stuff did wind up sneaking in shows that there's a fairly considerable chance they're setting us up for the actual release.

Second Dream was released December 4th 2015

The War Within was released November 12th 2016

Plains of Eidolon was released October 12th 2017

Fortuna was released November 8th 2018

I'm going to guess Empyrean comes out between October 1st and December 5th

Edited by Cloverskull
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Cloverskull said:

Second Dream was released December 4th 2015

The War Within was released November 12th 2016

Plains of Eidolon was released October 12th 2017

Fortuna was released November 8th 2018

I'm going to guess Empyrean comes out between October 1st and December 5th

The time would be right, and i agree with you. But there are 2 content updates for this year " Empirean and TNW.

So it would be reasonable to go October - Empirean and December - TNW.

If they will delay Empirean for November or December, that means TNW will go live next year

1 hour ago, Melkfet said:

The time would be right, and i agree with you. But there are 2 content updates for this year " Empirean and TNW.

So it would be reasonable to go October - Empirean and December - TNW.

If they will delay Empirean for November or December, that means TNW will go live next year

I genuinely don't think TNW will release this year. I'm almost willing to bet TNW is an early 2020 release.

On 2019-09-05 at 10:42 AM, Loza03 said:

Railjack stuff did wind up sneaking in shows that there's a fairly considerable chance they're setting us up for the actual release.

People said this same to War Within too, look how that ended up, I can tell you now that its no where near release, they got 3 weeks to make it a September release, let alone the Drydock itself and they still plan to get New War out by Dec?, likely not gonna be the case here. Due to Oct-Nov are only weeks away from Dec, when you really think about it, in terms of workload

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

People said this same to War Within too, look how that ended up, I can tell you now that its no where near release, they got 3 weeks to make it a September release, let alone the Drydock itself and they still plan to get New War out by Dec?, likely not gonna be the case here. Due to Oct-Nov are only weeks away from Dec, when you really think about it, in terms of workload

IIRC, that was because people Datamined the plot for TWW, and DE had to change it last-minute. There's some leaked dialogue floating around (which I won't post here since whilst it is old, it is still technically posting leaked content. It can be found by googling for 'old war within script' though), from which it can be seen that a lot of the dialogue was a lot different. Whilst the 'script' is out of order in a lot of places there's a number of lines that are completely absent, others which were clearly remade - and, really significantly, UMBRA. Or at least a reference to him - Teshin was, in fact, fully aware of his existance in this version. And to my knowledge, there was a big controversy about it around this time.

So, yes, in that case the Datamine and content accidentally leaking in may well have caused the delays as DE probably decided to remake what they could, due to that, which obviously would take more time.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

And to my knowledge, there was a big controversy about it around this time.

Yes and IIRC the "leak" or as quoted "datamine" it was just planted there to try "troll/toy and poke the bear" of the people who did such and rightfully so, there was a HUGE thing behind it, that there's no need to into but the point is: It was put there on purpose and when Umbra was first announced, it was treated with disrespect.

So really, this is invalid, I'm afraid.

You saw how the War Within got delayed and it's as simple as that, the train-wreck behind it was not solely-based on the datamine, that was just icing on the cake, if it was released as it should've been, then perhaps the whole "big controversy" would've never happened 

IMO if this keeps going the way it's going to, its not long until time repast itself