Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Syndicate Revival: Improvements & Rewards

TennoCon 2019 brought to us news of features both old & new, but one little comment peaked my interest. A TennoCon attendee asked a question concerning new additions to the Faction Syndicate offerings. This has my hopes up for an eventual revisiting of the feature altogether. So before I jump into the rewards "I" believe DE should add on top of everything else, I have some QoL suggestions concerning the missions. Do note, I've made similar statements several times in order to recite how critical Faction Syndicates may be to the overall quality of the game.

Improvements: Syndicate Dailies just aren't exciting. Players have ran these missions for quite a few years, never really seeing an change or variety in the missions we partake in. Over time, DE has introduced new types of missions for players to partake in, i.e. Defection, Disruption, Infested Salvage, etc. With the eventual inclusion of Empyrean into the game, I sincerely hope DE throws in more modes in order to spice up the variety. In addition to providing new missions, additional dialogue for each faction's leader needs to be recorded. As I've said before, I'm sick of backseat Lotus taking the focus away from these intriguing figureheads; I want them be more prominent like Eudico, not act as passively as Konzu. Another thing I wouldn't mind to see is a unique minimap icon for all of the medallions, if only to speed missions up without having to run certain frames. My last point would be to remove the Syndicate Standing pool & provide each group with their own individual pool so that one doesn't waste precious standing points.

Rewards: The abhorrently slow distribution of new types of Syndicate rewards has really left me with more questions than answers. The only major consistency in distribution comes in the form of Warframe Augments, which will never slow down so long as DE has some form of creative vision concerning abilities. The astounding lack of rewards worth one's standing is a matter that should be addressed in the near feature, so what additional trinkets should be added to incentivize play? Well, the first thing that comes to mind are new weapon sets. I'm not just talking about adding a couple sets of primaries, secondaries & melees, I'm also talking about Syndicate-oriented Archwing heavy weapons. The best example that comes to mind would be Vaykor Grattler & Vaykor Knux. Adding new variants of said weapons would allow DE to transfer blueprints over to Dojo labs & the Marketplace, removing the need for Trade Chat in older Archweapon acquisition. The other type of reward I have in mind are cosmetics, A LOT of cosmetics. The list includes the following: Warframe armor sets, Warframe skins, Operator suits, Emblems, Glyphs (Resembling the Sigils), Pet armor, Sentinel skins, Weapon skins, Archwing skins, Archweapon skins, Landing Craft skins, K-Drive scrawls, Noggles, Railjack scrawls & Railjack skins. Do keep in mind that this stuff could also be applicable to other Syndicates; the bigger the presentation, the better the outcome. Do keep in mind that a lot of these features already do exist in some form, either through Baro, the Conclave (Ironically enough), pre-existing concepts and in the recent Arbitration update (RIP). The entire thought process behind such a lengthy post comes from one simple goal: the revival of the Faction Syndicate system. I've no doubt that player identity & enjoyment is tied to the reception to each group & their ideals. By providing such a huge amount of content, one can hope that their fashion-frame looks top tier.

Edited by (PS4)IndianChiefJeff
  • Like 1