Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia - More Accessibility

Kwikwilyaqa

I'm a long timer Octavia main (17.8% - 1.1k hours played), and as a person who suffers from RSI i can say that it can be a painful experience in long runs.

I run a 306% duration build for one reason only: to keep myself to tap alt with my thumb (my binding to crouch) to keep the invisibility up for as long as the modding made it possible (45sec duration for buffs in this case). And even so, in a 1h kuva survival you just tap that alt key at least 1000 times (probably way more), and just for the invisibility. You still need to shoot with a strange pattern - with automatic weapons - almost impossible to some weapons to get the multishot from time to time - while the melee damage is natural and "just happens" when ur active using it, so no problems with it.

That's where the accessibility is needed most: for the invisibility buff. Anything to reduce the "tapping", or a way to refresh the buffs without more clicking at all. Using Wisp as inspiration (as in the area of effect of her buffs you refresh the duration of them as well), Amp could sustain/refresh the buffs for Octavia, greatly improving the gameplay (i will always chose spend energy over tap over and over again in a loop). Any change in this regard is a plus for players with some sort of disability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

I'm a long timer Octavia main (17.8% - 1.1k hours played), and as a person who suffers from RSI i can say that it can be a painful experience in long runs.

I run a 306% duration build for one reason only: to keep myself to tap alt with my thumb (my binding to crouch) to keep the invisibility up for as long as the modding made it possible (45sec duration for buffs in this case). And even so, in a 1h kuva survival you just tap that alt key at least 1000 times (probably way more), and just for the invisibility. You still need to shoot with a strange pattern - with automatic weapons - almost impossible to some weapons to get the multishot from time to time - while the melee damage is natural and "just happens" when ur active using it, so no problems with it.

That's where the accessibility is needed most: for the invisibility buff. Anything to reduce the "tapping", or a way to refresh the buffs without more clicking at all. Using Wisp as inspiration (as in the area of effect of her buffs you refresh the duration of them as well), Amp could sustain/refresh the buffs for Octavia, greatly improving the gameplay (i will always chose spend energy over tap over and over again in a loop). Any change in this regard is a plus for players with some sort of disability.

You can't be serious.

All you have to do is increase the BPM in the Mandachord to the max and crouch 3 times occasionally to refresh the buff.  No disrespect, but you are trying to make the most blatantly overpowered and easy to use frame even more braindead.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You can't be serious.

All you have to do is increase the BPM in the Mandachord to the max and crouch 3 times occasionally to refresh the buff.  No disrespect, but you are trying to make the most blatantly overpowered and easy to use frame even more braindead.

The whole thing is about reducing the stress to keep the the invisibility on - for people WITH disability. Reducing the beat only reduce a little the stress under (in my case, my bind of choice is ALT) the thumb, but still, the problem is the repetitive motion (that can cause the pain to escalate or start an episode), not how many times you tap per minute (3-5 per refresh is can still be more than 400 per hour).

My solution so far to make the experience more tolerable is to use two different bindings for the "crouch" to alternate the fingers i use - but with almost no result (when games need this kind of motion i normally use an auto-clicker, but Warframe does not allow the use of keyloggers).

The repetitive motion is the very cause for RSI... and yes, i'm serious - and no, is not funny. I use Octavia less and less just because of this - and can't use it at all sometimes.

• Like 1

I like to use Octavia for invisibility. I've made a couple of tracks that grants you invisibility with occasional crouch and still be bearable to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQZvf2vM0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiXYv5rkFY

However my problem with octabia is mandachord melody length being to small. Hence you're getting bored and start annoy others as well with your 20sec loop. It end up with everybody turning Octavia music off. That's sad.

If they keep the same mechanics for mandachord, they could at least allow players to change the tune on missions. That would be great.

11 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

I like to use Octavia for invisibility. I've made a couple of tracks that grants you invisibility with occasional crouch and still be bearable to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQZvf2vM0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiXYv5rkFY

However my problem with octabia is mandachord melody length being to small. Hence you're getting bored and start annoy others as well with your 20sec loop. It end up with everybody turning Octavia music off. That's sad.

If they keep the same mechanics for mandachord, they could at least allow players to change the tune on missions. That would be great.

If you play with mandachord music on, after a 1-2h of kuva survival p.ex., you will have that little track stuck in you head for days if not weeks. Don't do that, disable the music (there is an option for the mandachord volume) for you and the players, is a greater experience for everyone. You also can make the "music" without volume, another solution.

12 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

If you play with mandachord music on, after a 1-2h of kuva survival p.ex., you will have that little track stuck in you head for days if not weeks. Don't do that, disable the music (there is an option for the mandachord volume) for you and the players, is a greater experience for everyone. You also can make the "music" without volume, another solution.

Thanks for advice. I ended up by doing this as... it was painful already after one hour.