Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be another way to earn Umbra Forma.

TheGodofWiFi

Nightwave should not be the only way we can earn Umbra Forma in-game DE. For those of us who might not have as much time as others and actually miss a lot of the Nightwave challenges as a result, it's just painful to try and catch up when you've already missed a good chunk of points. The twenty six levels of grind we have to go through in the first place is bad enough. And then when Nightwave is over we have to wait more for the next season to come out.

Maybe make it an exclusive drop to the Lua Tileset, which would make sense lore-wise. Specifcally the Lua Spy drop table? Or put it in the market to buy for plat?

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
Added market.
  • Like 6

Idk how many times people have to repeat this, but there is no grind involved in NW anymore. At this point you're complaining about the easiest thing in the entire game for receiving great rewards.

You still only have to get 60% or Less of the standing every week to get the T30.

That is not hard at all. I get most of my NW done just by playing the game. Maybe 2h of actually grinding NW per week, at most. That's not hard to accomplish.

And it's not hard to catch up at all now that we have the Ketchup feature. You can literally do every challenge from previous weeks by doing the current ones. Also, not hard.

Literally put 1 or 2 hours a day in WF and you'll have NW easily maxed (and a little farther) by the end.

YOU CAN DO IT DUDE

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

Idk how many times people have to repeat this, but there is no grind involved in NW anymore. At this point you're complaining about the easiest thing in the entire game for receiving great rewards.

You still only have to get 60% or Less of the standing every week to get the T30.

That is not hard at all. I get most of my NW done just by playing the game. Maybe 2h of actually grinding NW per week, at most. That's not hard to accomplish.

And it's not hard to catch up at all now that we have the Ketchup feature. You can literally do every challenge from previous weeks by doing the current ones. Also, not hard.

Literally put 1 or 2 hours a day in WF and you'll have NW easily maxed (and a little farther) by the end.

YOU CAN DO IT DUDE

Keep in mind that some of us have really crappy game time schedules. some of us work like 5 or 6 days a week or have insane amounts of homework to catch up on so really by the time we need that 60% you mentioned the Nightwave will be over and done with. i was so busy with college stuff during the last nightwave that i only made it to rank 15 thats not even close to 60% if you ask me... besides in my opinion i literally rolled my eyes when i seen the 3 forma and guild a modular item things still in the rotations. we still shouldn't get 3 forma and use said 3 forma to complete a Nightwave mission, it seems kind of redundant and a waste of time to complete and a waste of a reward.

I do agree though that the Umbral forma should be in another spot to farm besides just Nightwave also, besides for me anyways not sure if this applies to anyone else but it feels like to keep up with Nightwave im being forced to play something in game that i don't want to do.

so really for us super busy people thats kinda hard to do on very little given time for rest.

• Like 4

I kinda have to agree on this one. Now that umbra formas are an accepted thing, their should be ways to "reliably" get some.

That could be a potential rare boss reward, that would give the next boss more insentive to be replayed, as arcanes are for eidolons (don't give it to ropa tho).

Or maybe I'm just frustrated that I did not hold onto my first one, and thus won't be able to umbra both wukong and his staff XD...

PS : it's not like if it would disturb the trading market, DE would never let that pass *looks at wolf's hammer intensly*

Edited by Fallen77

il y a 8 minutes, Ver1dian a dit :

If you can't spare the time to complete this incarnation of nightwave, you're better off playing minesweeper in your free time.

A bit harsh, but yeah I'm not saying umbra forma should be easy to acquire, just that their should not be a finished amount of those in the game, same way you can farm multiple aura formas in arbitration.

Oh yeah, and also : I got prestige 15 in season 1 bro, don't try me bro, Ima roll on season 2 bro, look at my guilding skill broooo XD.

Nah for real, I like nightwave, but I easily understand why some might dislike it a lot. That operator outfit tho...

2 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

A bit harsh, but yeah I'm not saying umbra forma should be easy to acquire, just that their should not be a finished amount of those in the game, same way you can farm multiple aura formas in arbitration.

Oh yeah, and also : I got prestige 15 in season 1 bro, don't try me bro, Ima roll on season 2 bro, look at my guilding skill broooo XD.

Nah for real, I like nightwave, but I easily understand why some might dislike it a lot. That operator outfit tho...

I'm not trying to be harsh. For a grind in a grinding game the requirements are scraping the floor at this point, if people can't invest 2 hours a week on a game they're better off with games that don't hinge on progress, like looters and MMOs.

My jab wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at others. I sympathize when they have to work 7 days a week or study a lot, but games like this require time investment and WF's on the lower side from my experience.

As for why NW is the only way to get Umbral forma, the reason is obvious, because in 99% of the cases it's convenience for the non-try hard. E.G. I've got 31 Umbral builds, of which 10 aren't min-maxed, of which only 3 require anything more than a maxed Exilus.
So ultimately the Umbral forma isn't the only item enabling you to make an umbral build, it's just added convenience for the time spent getting it.

• Like 4

Oooh just noticed the Lua Spy, please take my applause not only for thematic whoozling but because Lua is simultaniously the easiest spy in the game and the spy that most people seem to think is impossible *maniacal laughter*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Nightwave should not be the only way we can earn Umbra Forma in-game DE. For those of us who might not have as much time as others and actually miss a lot of the Nightwave challenges as a result, it's just painful to try and catch up when you've already missed a good chunk of points. The twenty six levels of grind we have to go through in the first place is bad enough. And then when Nightwave is over we have to wait more for the next season to come out.

Maybe make it an exclusive drop to the Lua Tileset, which would make sense lore-wise. Specifcally the Lua Spy drop table?

In my opinion, if the umbras formas where farmable, the the game will loose balance, because everybody would use lots of Umbra Builds in some warframes and weapons, that might be to strong, unbalancing the gameplay..
I think...
Anyone feels the same??.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

In my opinion, if the umbras formas where farmable, the the game will loose balance, because everybody would use lots of Umbra Builds in some warframes and weapons, that might be to strong, unbalancing the gameplay..
I think...
Anyone feels the same??.

Is it that much unbalancing? Firstly I use Umbral Strength Intensify of  in every build that require power strength. Secondly there's a couple frames that will really benefit from adding a second/third umbra mod: for me it's nidus. And even with 3 umbral mods installed and maxed it does not really give you a huge surge in power. It's like +6% of total power strength get from all mods and a tiny + for your surviability.

• Like 1

So even after DE made it easier by reducing the amount of challenges and increasing the amount of points for the challenges while also reducing the actual grind since there is a catch up mechanic for the past week, that still isnt enough?  They dont even take that long to do, if you can spare 1-2 a week, let me repeat that, 1-2 HOURS A WEEK, you can definitely finish with time to spare and extra challenge levels since it only requires like what, 60%, 65% of the challenges.  

4 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

YOU CAN DO IT DUDE

Sadly, some of us actually cannot spare that time as a few users have already said. Some of us have really taxing jobs and/or studies to concentrate on that require us to work long hours and even travel in my case. The thing is, I play video games at weekends, because I barely get enough time to relax during the week, so its hard for me and others in my position to keep up with you guys. Nightwave just adds an annoying almost job-like deadline into the game and IMO once a video game feels like a second job, it's no longer played for fun or stress relief.

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

If you can't spare the time to complete this incarnation of nightwave, you're better off playing minesweeper in your free time.

Why does this kind of response always come up when someone points out that they don't have as much free time as other people due to professional obligations....

I like Warframe in the small time windows I get to play it. Why should I be penalised for having a job that takes up most of my time.

1 hour ago, Alexcavalera said:

I think...
Anyone feels the same??.

Not really. I mean the Umbra mods are already being used by a lot of people. Umbra polarities would just make the builds easier to set up. So it doesn't make it anymore overpowered than it already is.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Is it that much unbalancing? Firstly I use Umbral Strength Intensify of  in every build that require power strength. Secondly there's a couple frames that will really benefit from adding a second/third umbra mod: for me it's nidus. And even with 3 umbral mods installed and maxed it does not really give you a huge surge in power. It's like +6% of total power strength get from all mods and a tiny + for your surviability. 

5 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Sadly, some of us actually cannot spare that time as a few users have already said. Some of us have really taxing jobs and/or studies to concentrate on that require us to work long hours and even travel in my case. The thing is, I play video games at weekends, because I barely get enough time to relax during the week, so its hard for me and others in my position to keep up with you guys. Nightwave just adds an annoying almost job-like deadline into the game and IMO once a video game feels like a second job, it's no longer played for fun or stress relief.

Why does this kind of response always come up when someone points out that they don't have as much free time as other people due to professional obligations....

I like Warframe in the small time windows I get to play it. Why should I be penalised for having a job that takes up most of my time.

Not really. I mean the Umbra mods are already being used by a lot of people. Umbra polarities would just make the builds easier to set up. So it doesn't make it anymore overpowered than it already is. 

Nice to Know! thnx for the tip! i am just starting to use umbra mods ( its though and Endo costly to max thoses mods..uuff). I am thinking on OBERON Umbra Build. That's where i am spending the Umbra forma from NWS1.
Thanx

4 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

It's not meant to penalise you. Simply games like this by their very nature require some time commitment which also doubles as content. There are other games that don't require as much, I could have easily mentioned dota or lol instead of minesweeper.

Wf is at least generous enough in that if you cant commit to the umbral forma you cansubstitute with 4-5 regular.

Bro/sis, I just logged in today and already almost at rank 3, it's really easy now that they reduce the requirements a lot on this season and more standing gain per challenge. How easy do you want it to be?

Just took an hour btw

I can only play 4 minutes and I only do capture missions so everything in the game should drop from capture missions.

I don't like spy missions so Ivara should drop elsewhere

I don't like sancturay onslaught so Khora should drop elsewhere

I don't like doing fissures so Primes should drop elsewhere

See? That's pretty silly right?

If you can't spare the time that the game requires, just find a different game.

It's like me complaining that matches in Quake Champions last 10 minutes and that's too long for me so it should be changed.

At some point you just have to ask yourself: "Maybe this game isn't for me?"

Edited by markus230
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

if people can't invest 2 hours a week on a game they're better off with games that don't hinge on progress, like looters and MMOs.

18 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Simply games like this by their very nature require some time commitment which also doubles as content.

Well, maybe, there were no such problems with Warfraem before NW was introduced and players could enjoy the game for 6 years despite a tight schedule.
NW has no content assusiated with it.

Not all games are meant for everyone, there's already a variety of single/multi player games where inconsistent time commitments are irrelevant. "MMO" type of games are always punishing for people who don't play.

Umbra formas aren't needed for anything either, and if you don't really play, then I'm unsure why it even matters if you have them or not; especially if you were using the mods without the formas.

At the end of the day, this is another other people are getting something I can't/will not get, complaint.

Edited by Yamazuki
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, markus230 said:

I can only play 4 minutes and I only do capture missions so everything in the game should drop from capture missions.

I don't like spy missions so Ivara should drop elsewhere

I don't like sancturay onslaught so Khora should drop elsewhere

I don't like doing fissures so Primes should drop elsewhere

See? That's pretty silly right?

If you can't spare the time that the game requires, just find a different game.

It's like me complaining that matches in Quake Champions last 10 minutes and that's too long for me so it should be changed.

At some point you just have to ask yourself: "Maybe this game isn't for me?"

Atleast you have alternative methods of acquiring them aka plat. You cant buy/trade umbral forma.

• Like 1

It amazes me how people want a game to change its system to appease you and your schedule. Millennial narcissism at its finest. OMG I gotta work/eat/school/pee/helpmomwithlaundry/peemore can you make it easier to get for people with lives? What will I do without this new OP operator suit!! Nerf it nerf it nerf it. Hilarious Clinton. 

If you cannot spare more than 2 hours a week for a recreational activity then you really should be evaluating the rest of your life.  A person who is that busy that percent of the week is in an unhealthy situation and you should really be talking to their loved ones about it.  But wait..there is time to post here about not having enough time to play the game?