Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be another way to earn Umbra Forma.

TheGodofWiFi

4 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

while not having to worry about arrow spread to deal damage.

ONCE AGAIN... You have no idea what you are talking about... You don't use artemis bow to hunt eidolons, everyone who uses Ivara knows that.

il y a 5 minutes, bibmobello a dit :

ONCE AGAIN... You have no idea what you are talking about... You don't use artemis bow to hunt eidolons, everyone who uses Ivara knows that.

OK, use the augment then. That's 1% of my argument invalidated. Except for the previous dude claiming precisely that.

You don't seem to realise I said multiple times now : damage is not all, it's easy to take down synova instantly. But there are other things needed for a good run (previous answers), that ivara does with much more difficulty if not not at all.

But you can keep ignoring that part of the argument that I brought up many times, it's easier to not develop and just hide behind a "you don't know what you're talking about" right ?

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

OK, use the augment then. That's 1% of my argument invalidated. Except for the previous dude claiming precisely that.

You don't seem to realise I said multiple times now : damage is not all, it's easy to take down synova instantly. But there are other things needed for a good run (previous answers), that ivara does with much more difficulty if not not at all.

But you can keep ignoring that part of the argument that I brought up many times, it's easier to not develop and just hide behind a "you don't know what you're talking about" right ?

Because we repeated so many times in the previous posts you don't use artemis bow with ivara, you use sancti castanas with navigator, you place a charge, go to help people with shield and boom.. is it easy now??

il y a 2 minutes, bibmobello a dit :

Because we repeated so many times in the previous posts you don't use artemis bow with ivara, you use sancti castanas with navigator, you place a charge, go to help people with shield and boom.. is it easy now??

Read, the, answer, entirely.

Damage, ain't, all, and that's so much setup it's funny. And, out of the two of you talking to me, one was talking about vanilla Artemis, so... Yeah...

On 2019-07-08 at 5:22 AM, tyranno66 said:

If you won't/can't invest the already minimal time required you don't deserve the rewards. The game shouldn't give you umbral formas just because you logged on.

No one asked for umbral forma to be made easy to acquire. All that was requested was an alternative but very rare chance to acquire them for those that cannot invest continuous weeks worth of time to rank up in Nightwave.

I'll be honest, it seems like a fair request, especially since Nitain Extract has a similarly low drop chance when Nightwave is not active or all of the credits have been used.

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Read, the, answer, entirely.

Damage, ain't, all, and that's so much setup it's funny. And, out of the two of you talking to me, one was talking about vanilla Artemis, so... Yeah...

Well, you need to take some hits as chroma or you're near useless while with ivara you're being an invisible dps and lures that follow you don't become eidolon's target so you have roles as dps and invisible lure carrier. Tried solo and squad, not bad at all

A lot of people complain about the lack of enticing rewards from certain content. Take the new Disruption mode for example. The main reason people farm it is for Hexenon so they can craft Wisp and the new Amalgam weapons. Once they got the 1000+ Hexenon they needed, there is little to no reason to do it anymore. 

The Umbra Forma is quite a sought after item. But it will quickly lose its value if you could easily farm for it from other sources. It's just a lucrative incentive to do the Nightwave challenges.

il y a 16 minutes, 844448 a dit :

Well, you need to take some hits as chroma or you're near useless while with ivara you're being an invisible dps and lures that follow you don't become eidolon's target so you have roles as dps and invisible lure carrier. Tried solo and squad, not bad at all

Thank you for developping your point of view in a concise and non-demining manner friend, it's much easier to discuss than with "I won't tell you"s and "You don't know what you're talking about"s.

I won't repeat what I had to say three times over to the other guy, how tank>invis and stuff, I'm still not convinced at all.

But at least you explained your case, and you seem to have read mine, and I thank you for that.

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

Thank you for developping your point of view in a concise and non-demining manner friend, it's much easier to discuss than with "I won't tell you"s and "You don't know what you're talking about"s.

I won't repeat what I had to say three times over to the other guy, how tank>invis and stuff, I'm still not convinced at all.

But at least you explained your case, and you seem to have read mine, and I thank you for that.

You don't need to tank if they don't target you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnJ4tHOW03I8effnK0b3B

Also being a solid lure carrier and dps, she's a fearsome warframe that not much people know

12 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

We are not speaking about creating the best squad to win some record on eidolon, neither invis>tank,  i just said ivara is as useful  as chroma  or rhino but it require a lot of skills for the average player because  you need good reflexes and timing. You know, sometimes meta it's different than fun. But we can close here ... My list is becoming full of people...

Edited by bibmobello

14 hours ago, 844448 said:

So you don't mind the tedious RNG of arbitration or ESO?

not at all, for me i get a much bigger sense of progression when farming things in either one, i'm more familiar with this method of farming then NW in general.

giving the players options on where to get an item ain't such a bad idea, even though (well to me anyways) the game modes in question still need some work, but hey nothings gonna be perfect, it feels more interactive i think anyways.

Exactly the Nightwave system is too painful to do - it's not worth it - so I just stopped playing WF on a daily basis entirely when that turd was pushed out to replace the quick alert system. Any rewards locked behind the no fun to play grindy Nightwave system is not worth it.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-09 at 3:46 AM, ShortCat said:

People play less because there is factually less to do

After nw season 1 launched player numbers increased and sustained itself for a solid amount of time. And not just login get off instantly like other Warframe updates, hours logged were longer.  Regardless of if you think nw is "content" or not, it's something to do and it gets people playing.

On 2019-07-08 at 3:59 PM, jinjayx said:

Thread TLDR:" I want the reward but refuse to put in effort".

It's more than slightly annoying when people try to act like I'm just some lazy couch potato who cannot be asked to put in the time to work for things, when that is not the case at all. I have already said if I did have the time I would grind. So stop acting like I'm saying something different. Why are some people in this community so utterly hostile...

On 2019-07-08 at 3:59 PM, jinjayx said:

If you have to work for long hours and cant afford to buy it with real cash, your (pathetic) work life is probably causing you unhappiness and Nightwave is just an excuse for you to vent. 

I have never heard such a pretentious, arrogant and frankly rude statement. Thanks to my job I can afford to buy it with real cash, so I would be more than happy to buy Umbral Forma. You know absolutely nothing about my working life or personal life, so keep your uninformed/ignorant judgements to yourself.

On 2019-07-08 at 6:56 PM, markus230 said:

To be clear, I'm not saying Umbral Forma should be NW only.

And yet you've just spent the last two pages pointlessly arguing against that very notion.  Just goes to show how my statement about people wanting to argue simply because they want a fight is true. This community is something else....

On 2019-07-08 at 5:06 PM, Leqesai said:

Do you even need umbra forma? I have multiple umbra builds that dont have umbra forma... since regular forma is buyable with plat and umbra builds can be done through regular forma setups why do we need the systems for getting umbra forma made easier? Doesn't make any sense to me. It is way easier to just use regular forma and quick grind. 

Yes, for certain builds Umbral Forma is required. Even if you fully forma every slot that you don't plan to put the Umbra mods in, they still won't leave enough room for a full build. The Umbral mods cost 48 points in total, that's over two thirds of your capacity gone on those mods alone.

On 2019-07-08 at 6:46 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I'm surprised you're getting so much push back on the basic point.  Yeah, there should be multiple paths to getting rewards like this.  For umbra forma specifically, I'd bet there will be other ways besides Nightwave eventually.  And if it happened tomorrow, I think most of the people arguing against it here wouldn't give a damn.

The thing is, I doubt these alternate paths will help someone in your situation all that much.  They'll be heavily restricted by rng and/or grind and/or time limits just like now, and this will always limit people who just don't have much time to play.

The exception would be making it a plat market item, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.  But I'm sure there are people who can't spend time or money who'd still feel left in the cold.

Certain people in this thread have outright admitted they're just arguing for the sake of it, so I'm getting push-back because some people just like to be confrontational. You are absolutely correct when you say that if Umbral Forma was available in the market tomorrow, everyone here arguing against it would not care at all.

Making it available in the market would definitely be the best option at the present moment. You can already buy normal Forma there so it would work.

Il y a 14 heures, 844448 a dit :

You don't need to tank if they don't target you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnJ4tHOW03I8effnK0b3B

Also being a solid lure carrier and dps, she's a fearsome warframe that not much people know

Last one, everyone's getting tired of this. I specificaly said many times it is in regards to Garry's and Harry's wild AOEs, you still have to take time avoiding all those. We won't convince each other more than that, I know, but please I am aware of what invis does.

2 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

And yet you've just spent the last two pages pointlessly arguing against that very notion.  Just goes to show how my statement about people wanting to argue simply because they want a fight is true. This community is something else....

Read my post. Read your original post. You proposed that the Umbral Forma should drop from spy missions on Lua. I've said that Umbral Forma should be extra rare item.

You are just being dishonest at this point.

Well right now there aren't many Umbra mods, and they're not even really that necessary to gameplay. Right now they're little more than a fun gimmick. The only place I really feel I *NEEDED* to use Umbra mods were my Chroma, to maximize Vex Armor.

Honestly, this is the least road to burnout. Make it a drop from Lua? Some people WILL waste themselves away to grab one for every freaking Warframe they have. With this method, its a waiting game.

Put it in ANY mission that is not time-gated, people will run it over and over and over. It will be the Void Keys all over again.

Maybe as a reward of a harder version of a Sortie, but with no way of it ever being farmable.

But there is also the Sentient Ship we will fight against. Umbra Mods give "Tau Resist", what better place to have it than a Sentient?

Steve did say there will be a higher difficulty for hardcore players. So, MAYBE...

5 hours ago, markus230 said:

Read my post. Read your original post. You proposed that the Umbral Forma should drop from spy missions on Lua.

On 2019-07-08 at 11:33 AM, markus230 said:

I can only play 4 minutes and I only do capture missions so everything in the game should drop from capture missions.

I don't like spy missions so Ivara should drop elsewhere

I don't like sancturay onslaught so Khora should drop elsewhere

I don't like doing fissures so Primes should drop elsewhere

See? That's pretty silly right?

If you can't spare the time that the game requires, just find a different game.

It's like me complaining that matches in Quake Champions last 10 minutes and that's too long for me so it should be changed.

At some point you just have to ask yourself: "Maybe this game isn't for me?"

In your first post you mentioned nothing regarding Lua. Your entire argument has been against making Umbral Forma available outside of Nightwave because and I quote "If you can't spare the time that the game requires, just find a different game". Never once in your original post did you mention how Spy might not be the best place, never mentioned/suggested any alternative ways to get it like other more cordial people have, like the market. You just went off on a misguided hyperbolic rant, trying to act like I'm asking for something that's already a farmable resource in-game outside of Nightwave, to be made even easier to get.

Also for the record, did I ever say that Umbral Forma should be made a common drop on Lua Spy? Not at all.

Trying to pretend like you went off on a rant about the fact I suggest Lua Spy as a potential farming point for Umbral Forma, is a lost cause as your first post very clearly shows that is not the case. You're just part of the "Grind Nightwave or shut up" and "I just like to argue" crowds. The only one being dishonst here is you.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Honestly, this is the least road to burnout. Make it a drop from Lua? Some people WILL waste themselves away to grab one for every freaking Warframe they have. With this method, its a waiting game.

Put it in ANY mission that is not time-gated, people will run it over and over and over. It will be the Void Keys all over again.

Maybe as a reward of a harder version of a Sortie, but with no way of it ever being farmable.

But there is also the Sentient Ship we will fight against. Umbra Mods give "Tau Resist", what better place to have it than a Sentient?

Steve did say there will be a higher difficulty for hardcore players. So, MAYBE...

If they will put it, it will be a rare drop from sorties like the legendary core...

Normal Forma farming and upgrading was around way before Umbral Forma was a thing. People still grind for that and spend a lot of time Forma'ing their frames and weapons, so I don't get what your point is. Everyone would have left a long time ago once they inevitably got tired of having to forma every new item that came out.

That isn't a bad idea either. Any sort of permanent presence is good enough, as it instantly makes it more available than it is right now.

4 hours ago, Golmihr said:

Umbra forma is a straight upgrade to a warframe. It's fine for them to keep it this exclusive.

What? Exilus and Forma are straight upgrades as well. Umbral Forma just allows us to reduce the Umbral mods as well.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi