Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console to PC account migration

(PSN)Valaois

Question

Any chance whatsoever we can get an account transfer before the next big updates hit? I gave starting over on PC a shot and it just wasn't a great experience. I think the game is fun and I enjoy playing, but knowing that all my stuff and the time I put into collecting everything I have on PS4 would be wasted is always there in the back of my mind. Unfortunately I didn't have a PC at the time when I started Warframe, otherwise this post wouldn't exist, but losing everything and wasted time isn't the only reason I'm hoping for an account migration. I'm not sure if it's a PS4 thing in general or just an OG PS4 issue, but earlier today I experienced terrible performance in the Plains. I'm talking like 15fps. I haven't tried Fortuna yet so maybe it was just bad performance in the Plains, but if we're going to continue getting these huge expansive updates, I'd rather play from my PC that can handle it with my already existing account than play a dope looking powerpoint presentation on my PS4. This is my first time posting on the forums so I'm not even sure if DE reads these, but if someone from DE does happen to see this, can we get any word on what's exactly stopping you guys? Anything would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

nope console to pc will never happen sony / microsoft / nintendo wont allow it

I've seen others say this, but do we have a tweet, email, or a post from DE confirming that they've actually reached out to Sony and discussed allowing account migration, or are we assuming that Sony/Microsoft just wouldn't let it happen?

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

Just now, (PS4)Valaois said:

I've seen others say this, but do we have a tweet, email, or a post from DE confirming that they've actually reached out to Sony and discussed allowing account migration, or are we assuming that Sony/Microsoft just wouldn't let it happen?

Not that I've seen but there's also the fact they've never covered it either. It was the idea of a 1-way move that says it all. Much of the PC exclusive stuff wasn't allowed to transfer to console. I don't think any founders would keep their excal if they did, and unlike switch it wasn't a clone. Solely 1-way trip to an inferior version.

Sony and MS likely won't support it, but who knows? MS is the more likely to be wrong about imo.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Not that I've seen but there's also the fact they've never covered it either. It was the idea of a 1-way move that says it all. Much of the PC exclusive stuff wasn't allowed to transfer to console. I don't think any founders would keep their excal if they did, and unlike switch it wasn't a clone. Solely 1-way trip to an inferior version.

Sony and MS likely won't support it, but who knows? MS is the more likely to be wrong about imo.

I could imagine Sony being stubborn about the migration. Really, I just want DE to at least discuss it with Sony/Microsoft even if the efforts are futile. I'd definitely appreciate the effort and I'm sure a bunch of other console users hoping to switch to PC would too. I knew it was highly unlikely, but I was REALLY hoping they'd at least mention it during the Tennocon. Now I'm just hoping we get any word on it before the next updates.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

They mentioned it during several Devstreams.

However I suggest you listen to them discussing to cross-saves, which would definitely qualify as what you hope for.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

They mentioned it during several Devstreams.

However I suggest you listen to them discussing to cross-saves, which would definitely qualify as what you hope for.

Gonna look up the cross saves now, thanks.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

I could imagine Sony being stubborn about the migration. Really, I just want DE to at least discuss it with Sony/Microsoft even if the efforts are futile. I'd definitely appreciate the effort and I'm sure a bunch of other console users hoping to switch to PC would too. I knew it was highly unlikely, but I was REALLY hoping they'd at least mention it during the Tennocon. Now I'm just hoping we get any word on it before the next updates.

Yeah I'm with you. I'd like the option to move around at least but I doubt even crossplay will happen. It likely won't be talked about until 1 month after both new consoles are unveiled. Even then they'd have to give up a lot of ground to secure migrations.

I'd give it a 5% chance. 25% that Microsoft allows Xbox users to move.

Just remember that any console exclusive items WILL NOT transfer if they did. I'd hate to lose my Valkyr Jade skin.

1 minute ago, GuiJay said:

DE did mention several times, and in several interviews on the topic, that Cross-play will almost certainly never happen but cross-save IS something they want and intend to do.

That's good then, I'm personally not really interested in crossplay, I just want a one way ticket to PC migration.

• Like 2

Don't hold your breath though, it might be a while before it's implemented 🙂

I think your best bet might be when the next generation of consoles come out in 2020, DE might open up one-time migrations to and from. Just a hedge bet here though, don't place too much confidence in it.

• Like 1

I am having the opposite problem.  I started on PC but now play my PS4 more and would like a one time transfer from PC to my PS4.  It mentions an account migration "window", does that mean that I just have to wait until it's open or is this never going to happen?

GuiJay, Awhile is an understatement. Ive been asking for this for a number of years now, and still nothing. Ive talked to support teams and youtube streamers in order to ask the dev team and nothing. Ive spent hundreds of hours on console and have alot of plat and prime frames. i want my one way to PC as i have gotten off console for almost 2 years now. 

• Like 1

On 2019-07-07 at 11:20 PM, MajesticPinecone said:

nope console to pc will never happen sony / microsoft / nintendo wont allow it

There are plenty of games with cross save. And MS clearly does not care about PC to Xbox or switch saves. Sony is a little on the fence. But saying ms wouldn't allow it is BS.

On 2019-07-08 at 10:01 AM, Wyldphyre said:

I am having the opposite problem.  I started on PC but now play my PS4 more and would like a one time transfer from PC to my PS4.  It mentions an account migration "window", does that mean that I just have to wait until it's open or is this never going to happen?

They only happened the one time at release for each new platform. The only guarantee we have is that this issue will come up with next gen consoles. At the rate we are going Cross Play for the old guard (Nintendo-Sony-Microsoft) seems inevitable. They want to kill competition from games streaming services. So Cross Save is likely within the next 2 years.

If they ever did this, then I think they should allow plat on PC to buy TennoGen. But that won't happen. 

My biggest concern about Warframe on consoles is Switch verison. I don't think it will be getting the engine/lighting update Steve showed at tennocon. But it's a port by another company that works on switch ports so I dunno what to expect there. 

Edited by Fire2box

10 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

If they ever did this, then I think they should allow plat on PC to buy TennoGen. But that won't happen. 

My biggest concern about Warframe on consoles is Switch verison. I don't think it will be getting the engine/lighting update Steve showed at tennocon. But it's a port by another company that works on switch ports so I dunno what to expect there. 

expect Panic Button to knock it out of the park yet again. Seriously, the Switch is a pretty powerful console. It gets a lot of flak because the textures aren't as sharp as they are on the other pcs but I've had very little technical problems or lag. At least, nothing to complain about. 

Im right there with you Valaois. I want to copy my ps4 account to a pc account so i can keep playing. Id be happy with a copy where everything is reset to 0 mastery but you still have your weapons,primes and i would happily replay the story and lose my plat if i could keep all the important stuff, i just want to keep playing where i left off. Wouldn't need to actually take any data from sony, just see what you have on your one account and then put it into your other account. I enjoy Warframe very much but the thought of having to restart from scratch is a little too daunting for me. I really hope more people bring this to they're attention.  

Edited by (PS4)Rowmancer

1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

there will never be console to pc transfer option period. sorry no kicking an screaming about this its just deal with it.

while DE has talked about maybe trying cross save progression. having your game save be able to transfer over to other systems

How is a cross-save any different from a transfer or flat copy? its overriding data with new lines of data which a transfer from one account to another is the same. Like overriding a game save.

7 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

there will never be console to pc transfer option period. sorry no kicking an screaming about this its just deal with it.

while DE has talked about maybe trying cross save progression. having your game save be able to transfer over to other systems

Console to PC and cross save are minor differences, either way, it's exactly what I'm asking for. The only difference would be that with cross saves you might be able to go back and forth between platforms, but I'm only looking for a one way ticket to PC. Won't need to transfer anymore after that.

Well I’m on a toaster laptop and I want my account moved over to my ps4 pro not sure why people asking to switch console to pc it runs pretty smooth as it is but I really want my pc account on console I’ll do anything I’ve been waiting for years been playing since 2015