Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console to PC account migration

(PSN)Valaois

Question

Any chance whatsoever we can get an account transfer before the next big updates hit? I gave starting over on PC a shot and it just wasn't a great experience. I think the game is fun and I enjoy playing, but knowing that all my stuff and the time I put into collecting everything I have on PS4 would be wasted is always there in the back of my mind. Unfortunately I didn't have a PC at the time when I started Warframe, otherwise this post wouldn't exist, but losing everything and wasted time isn't the only reason I'm hoping for an account migration. I'm not sure if it's a PS4 thing in general or just an OG PS4 issue, but earlier today I experienced terrible performance in the Plains. I'm talking like 15fps. I haven't tried Fortuna yet so maybe it was just bad performance in the Plains, but if we're going to continue getting these huge expansive updates, I'd rather play from my PC that can handle it with my already existing account than play a dope looking powerpoint presentation on my PS4. This is my first time posting on the forums so I'm not even sure if DE reads these, but if someone from DE does happen to see this, can we get any word on what's exactly stopping you guys? Anything would be appreciated.

On 2019-07-10 at 1:38 AM, (PS4)Rowmancer said:

How is a cross-save any different from a transfer or flat copy? its overriding data with new lines of data which a transfer from one account to another is the same. Like overriding a game save.

Because the thread got necro'd, I like to answer this.

Transfering an account from console to PC means for a company, that you will stop playing on the console. You will only ever play on PC. This means, that the company behind the console (sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) no longer get a cut from your platinum purchases. Why would they want to lose you as a customer? They wouldn't want that to happen. So they wouldn't want to allow a transfer.

Cross-save means, that you can use your game-files on any platform, yes. But DE could make it so, that you can only buy platinum on your starting platform. So you, as a PS4-User, could only ever buy plat from the playstation store, and never on the Warframe-homepage.
Because of this Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo could be willing to allow it, because they keep you as a paying customer, and wouldn't lose you to a transfer...

And cross save is still far away from us, because DE has to figure out a lot of things. How does platinum work. Can PC-players trade with console players? PC-plat, because of discounts, is far less valuable than console-plat.
Could PC-players buy Tennogen-stuff with plat, because on consoles you can only buy it with plat. What happens to the tennogen-creators? They will then no longer get a cut from the sales.

So yeah, talking about cross save is all fine and dandy. But chances are, this won't happen anytime soon. Atleast not before the next console gen hits...