Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In the wake of Wukong's Rework

Formous

2 minutes ago, Formous said:

Adaptation won't affect the Shadows. Do not mistake me. I know Nekros' shadows primary purpose is to tank, but even a tank has a gun, or in our case, machetes, shotguns, rifles, ect, and they should have more punch.  Nekros does better with duration though for this purpose in a desecrate build.

Correct, adaptation doesn't affect shadows, it does affect nekros, who with 90% dr from shadows then a further 90% dr from the mod, plus endless health orbs, high armour, arcanes etc makes a tank build insane.  Desecrate build is obviously going to be different.   

As for the machete, shotgun etc, that's your job to kill the enemies.  Shadow's keep you alive, you kill stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I would disagree on your base premise, that they are designed for dps.  They aren't.  They are designed as a shield, hence the name Shield of Shadows.

Shield of Shadows is simply a augment.  It provides negation when the Shadows exist. It's called Shadows of the Dead, and their purpose is to draw fire, Not tank.  And no, Not DPS.  You put words in my mouth.  Please don't.  I am simply arguing that they should do more then they are, which is nothing.  They shouldn't kill rooms by themselves, but they should reasonable hold a room by themselves without Nekros having to personally wipe away 99 percent of all the hp of those Foes.  More so, until lvl 30, they literally can do this. They fight, take all the damage away from you, and deal damage and kill a foe they are dueling if given time. But it peters out very quickly and have rapidly poor scaling. 

The flaw in your argument though Hyperion is that you see them as tanks, and thus they should deal no damage. Ask any tank in any game why that is not true.  Shadows is simply a okayish skill for tanking that is outdone by other frames. It's purely flavor text after a bit, and only keeps the looter frame alive long enough for the other players to do the work with their own tanking or damage skills that outstrip the Undead.  The difference is the Undead are akin to Chaff.  Which they certainly are not, or shouldn't be.  All I ask is their damage raise up to make them scale better against higher levels.

• Like 1

I wish they'd remove degen from Shadows of the Dead for one thing. Unless you build around them they have no uptime whatsoever. Not many people do it but I like Creeping Terrify more than the Shield of Shadows but I can't use his 4 at all without duration (needs high range and power), they just drop dead in 3 seconds. Everyone just uses them for augment for defense rather them being actual minions that do damage. I find that a massive waste of it's concept. Another of the many male Warframes DE banned from doing damage and just make cc/buffspam only, but it's a ****ing summoner. 

Edited by Wolfdoggie

2 hours ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

so pretty much kavats are invincible forever?

You haven't used Rolling Guard have you ? 

The purpose behind my idea is that to those of use who have invested Forma, Endo and a Potato to boosting our Pet's Survivability this would Stop Our Kavats getting Chain Murdered in a more consistent fashion.... overall making baby sitting our pets less of a pain in the ass....

Those who put no effort into their pets survivability will have to revive their kitties constantly like they already do right now.... 

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You haven't used Rolling Guard have you ? 

The purpose behind my idea is that to those of use who have invested Forma, Endo and a Potato to boosting our Pet's Survivability this would Stop Our Kavats getting Chain Murdered in a more consistent fashion.... overall making baby sitting our pets less of a pain in the ass....

Those who put no effort into their pets survivability will have to revive their kitties constantly like they already do right now.... 

tbh i don't have any issue with my smeeta surviving past the hour mark in kuvival and that's about as bothered as i am about it. nothing lives forever

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

tbh i don't have any issue with my smeeta surviving past the hour mark in kuvival and that's about as bothered as i am about it. nothing lives forever

Neither do I.... but Thats just one game mode and one type of Kavat.....

In any casebi don't want my kitty to live forever. I just don't want it die every ten seconds with all the link mods on Umbra.... only Innaros has the stats to keep it alive through all the bull S#&$.

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

In any casebi don't want my kitty to live forever. I just don't want it die every ten seconds with all the link mods on Umbra.... only Innaros has the stats to keep it alive through all the bull S#&$.

Chroma (P) , link armor , link health ,  (Primed, lol...no) pack leader.

2+ hr Arbitrations, easy.

Eidolons, orb fights, sorties, mot survival, no problem. 

Starchart, sure.

I run with the Ardaza kavat, but I don't think it makes a significant difference for survivability. Works very well for a lot of missions, albeit a bit boring.

On 2019-07-08 at 6:30 AM, Formous said:

Hardly. Its more as one person above said, Power creep, and asking that something be done Not just for Nekros, but for the others as well to fix their AI and make them more viable combat companions. You give a power slot to have these guys on your side, they should be viable in their own rights.  Nekros, Nyx, Venari, and so on. Only Equinox's augment for your day/night form to be active for a bit really comes up, and Wukong's Kicks butt and takes names, doing Exceptionally far more then any other summon by magnitudes greater.  Asking for AI fixs to make Venari more fearsome or to actually use the mods you equip on it is not a complaint, but a real balancing request, even if some people use Venari for heals or swap between the modes.  You can easily catch Nyx's mind control pet shooting walls and the ground instead of foes, and it's certainly lack luster as a ai at times.  Nekros just has more allies on the field so you can miss a lot of the ai pecularities, but even they simply can't hold a candle to Wukong's Minion. Not that they should, but they should be at least combat effective.

This, and while you are at it, and since a new Kubrow skin is out, damage output (and health) from base stats and mods for Kubrows needs a MASSIVE buff across the board to counter the ridiculous Warframe-centric buffs kavats offer to warframes and loot.

It shouldn’t even be close....

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

9 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Chroma (P) , link armor , link health ,  (Primed, lol...no) pack leader.

2+ hr Arbitrations, easy.

Eidolons, orb fights, sorties, mot survival, no problem. 

Starchart, sure.

Yeah.... no.... 

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah.... no.... 

as an avid kavat user, if your cat cant survive you are building it very wrong. or you are just overestimating things. 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Exactly. 

But you make claims based solely on your observations and expect people to accept it without question. So I am making claims based on mine.

And the fact that vex armor works with link armor.

And I thought you said you get one-shot while using inaros. Clearly based on your observations Inaros has no survivability.

Edited by CephalonDizzy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

as an avid kavat user, if your cat cant survive you are building it very wrong. or you are just overestimating things. 

You do realise how the link mods work right ? If you use Inaros tjen your Kat is immortal... if you use Volt then it dies all the time.... and yes... I swapped out link Armor fpr Link Shields and I don't have Primed vigor... dies in Sorties. 

Out of curiosity I  decided to run all the link mods just to see if it made a difference with both Volt and Chroma.... still dies in sorties....

2 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

But you make claims based solely on your observations and expect people to accept it without question. So I am making claims based on mine.

And the fact that vex armor works with link armor.

And I thought you said you get one-shot while using inaros. Clearly based on your observations Inaros has no survivability.

As I suspected you read what you wanted in my response and immediately jumped to false conclusions rather than asking for clarification. No point in discussing anything with you...

Just now, Lutesque said:

You do realise how the link mods work right ? If you use Inaros tjen your Kat is immortal... if you use Volt then it dies all the time.... and yes... I swapped out link Armor fpr Link Shields and I don't have Primed vigor... dies in Sorties. 

Out of curiosity I  decided to run all the link mods just to see if it made a difference with both Volt and Chroma.... still dies in sorties....

if you actually have your cat die with chroma in sorties super often, then i simply dont have any reason to believe you. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lutesque said:

As I suspected you read what you wanted in my response and immediately jumped to false conclusions rather than asking for clarification. No point in discussing anything with you...

As I suspected you don't have an argument and relied on your usual canned statement.

No point in discussing anything with you. Also, inaros "doesn't exist" and is "merely okay". But good thing DE actively wants us to fail amirght?

Actually nah, I find it entertaining.

Adaptation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zeclem said:

if you actually have your cat die with chroma in sorties super often, then i simply dont have any reason to believe you. 

She dies when she gets stuck.... and I resolved the issue by doing sorties with Limbo/Octavia/Ivara.... you know.... because Link aBilities comes by default with those Frames

1 minute ago, CephalonDizzy said:

As I suspected you don't have an argument and relied on your usual canned statement.

No point in discussing anything with you. Also, inaros "doesn't exist" and is "merely okay". But good thing DE actively wants us to fail amirght?

Actually nah, I find it entertaining.

Adaptation. 

What are you on about now ? Literally none of that makes any sense...

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What are you on about now ? Literally none of that makes any sense...

Sense doesn't exist...

arcanes are merely okay but even new...players need them...to get...past...earth...

(To everyone else just look at this guy's post history if you are bored and want some entertainment.)

Edited by CephalonDizzy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Sense doesn't exist...

arcanes are merely okay but even new...players need them...to get...past...earth...

(To everyone else just look at this guy's post history if you are bored and want some entertainment.)

ikr xD

Edited by MaryoSlayer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

sounds like you do have problems.

• Like 1

I love new Wukong. Old one was dull af, this one makes you do stuff.

new wukong:

passive: Let you have 3 free revives. Each revive used will give one short buff.

1. Make a clone that have more health and x2 damage then you. It melee if you have gun out and vice versa. However, if you unequipped your melee, the clone will use your primary only. 2 ignis wrath destroy everything, lol. Clone also combo with the Wukong other abilities.

2. Makes you immune to damage and bypass lasers"?". Also can heal yourself and clone when going though enemy and brings clone to you. Can also can let you get finishers. Moves faster.

3. Makes you immune to damage for a short time. Any damage took in that time, Wukong does a spin attack that dish out damage he took also give you armor for a short time. (I got my first purple crit from this attack)

4. You and clone pulls out the staff and go ham. That all need be said.

old wukong:

I'm immune to everything but I bring nothing to the team.............................................................................................................................

There has always been a lot of hate on minions. Those same players don’t mod for the minions. Nekros at max power vs 100s kill in 3-5 hits. 3-5 that’s not bad your 7 have the damage of what something close to 60 level 100s focused into 7 minions. Throw a CO aura on your minion build you’ll do ok.

Revs minions went from trash to godly when they made the death vortex turn mobs hit into thralls. I think it’s the 2ed best 1 power in the game now. 

The spectre ones are great.

pets seem to be doing a lot better these days I have not had one get stuck in a month. Though we need to remove the vacuum mod and just give the ability to every frame at this point to save a mod slot. Would be great.

from someone who has played minion master builds for years they are not bad. 

• Like 2