Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfed snipers

(PSN)xIDepression-

In the recent updates DE kept nerfing our snipers for literally no reason. 

Not many people  use them in normal missions, their usually only used in Eidolon-fights. 

But here is the problem, on PS4 we did a 5x3 ( 6x3 isn’t possible on PS4 currently due to loading times ) with a Lato, to proof the community that u don’t need a sniper. 

Links: https://youtu.be/N7YOHfXYgYA

https://youtu.be/shM9BRYvQ2Q

https://youtu.be/eAjcOg6L2JQ

———————————————————Okay, so we made this on YouTube, we did hunts with nukor, plaque Kripath and ivara etc, u don’t need a sniper to do a 5x3 ( PS4 ) or a 6x3 ( Pc ). 

De, please stop nerfing the weapons we play, because u made them as good, u released rubi, lanka and many other weapons with these stats and now you’re wondering why people play them in specific scenarios. There are people who play lanka, rubico and other snipers casually, but that’s definitely under 10% of the total usage of snipers. 

DE, interact with people that are actually active in the game and the community... the current disposition nerfs made literally no sense... 

• Like 1

I'm not sure click-baity titles are a great idea.

Anyway, they decided to nerf Snipers (when ? Rivens update I guess ?) for a good reason. People who are using them outside of Tridolons won't notice the difference and will keep using them, hence no problem.

Edited by Chewarette

4 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

DE, interact with people that are actually active in the game and the community... the current disposition nerfs made literally no sense... 

Pretty sure DE have gone on record on one of the Devstreams to state that the disposition is a reflection of how much a weapon is used, and as such would shift regularly.

They never said in relation to what, but i'd guess in relation to other weapons of the same category, and then weighted against categories (pretty sure all the bows are fairly high disposition as a result).

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

In the recent updates DE kept nerfing our snipers for literally no reason. 

funny how you just ignored the fact that it's the sniper rivens that were nerfed

6 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

But here is the problem, on PS4 we did a 5x3 ( 6x3 isn’t possible on PS4 currently due to loading times ) with a Lato, to proof the community that u don’t need a sniper. 

how is this a problem? it's more of a plus in my eyes, more variety in doing the hunts

6 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

De, please stop nerfing the weapons we play, because u made them as good, u released rubi, lanka and many other weapons with these stats and now you’re wondering why people play them in specific scenarios. There are people who play lanka, rubico and other snipers casually, but that’s definitely under 10% of the total usage of snipers. 

yes, they made them good, but not specifically their rivens, that's why they're being nerfed, because they're so good that a lot of people are using them, regardless of where they're being used since that doesn't matter 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

E, interact with people that are actually active in the game and the community... the current disposition nerfs made literally no sense... 

why? because your rivens got nerfed? gimme a break. the community decided on what's getting buffed and rivens by their play choice. if the community wants to stick to the meta then these are the consequences. you didn't stick with the meta and it worked out well, so....?

also, clickbait title? really? 

2 minutes ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

Well you surely dont need a sniper do take down an eidolon, but due to their popularity (even outside eidolon play) the nerf hammer has been hit on them.

And you think popularity is a good metric? You dont see this as a problem? "Dont use good weapons if you want them to be good" thats how I see this system.

3 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Pretty sure DE have gone on record on one of the Devstreams to state that the disposition is a reflection of how much a weapon is used, and as such would shift regularly.

They never said in relation to what, but i'd guess in relation to other weapons of the same category, and then weighted against categories (pretty sure all the bows are fairly high disposition as a result).

So you want to tell me that embolist is used by many people? Tetra? Single Viper? They nerf and buff the things they want and which could be funny, the recent nerfes/buffs had literally no system. 

Just now, Xardis said:

And you think popularity is a good metric? You dont see this as a problem? "Dont use good weapons if you want them to be good" thats how I see this system.

this popularity looks at what is most used (or META) and gives meta guns low disposition while giving non meta guns higher one to lower the gap

riven were meant to be a tool(although a really bad one) to bring crap guns to a meta lvl not supercharge the meta guns

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Exactly, u like a weapon and buy a riven for it? Good don’t use it, because otherwise it’ll get nerfed. 👍

Just now, Xardis said:

No it's not, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I don't see how any of these weapons are gonna be bad when their rivens are nerfed. Also if you want the metric to be the actual power of the weapon stat-wise, then these weapons that you complain about are probably getting nerfed anyways because they are good weapons in the first place 

Imo, I'd rather the system be based on MR requirement, while they iron out the obvious exceptions 

Just now, Pro3Display said:

this popularity looks at what is most used (or META) and gives meta guns low disposition while giving non meta guns higher one to lower the gap

riven were meant to be a tool(although a really bad one) to bring crap guns to a meta lvl not supercharge the meta guns

So why did they nerf the single viper, tetra, and embolist dispositions?

The recent  nerfed were based on “What can we nerf to lower market prices and change the market a little bit” I see no other reasons. Also these free arcanes In nightwave are supposed to lower market prices. So why wouldn’t they do the same with Rivens? 

Edited by (PS4)weilogeilo

1 minute ago, Feltal said:

because rivens don't work as intended and a pain to code and maintain and should be deleted from the game?

all those 3 weapons have weapon specific mods, viper and embolist got syndicate mods and tetra got her own mod. that's why they are used even if you may not see it but those mods are pretty big deal for said guns

2 minutes ago, Pro3Display said:

because rivens don't work as intended and a pain to code and maintain and should be deleted from the game?

all those 3 weapons have weapon specific mods, viper and embolist got syndicate mods and tetra got her own mod. that's why they are used even if you may not see it but those mods are pretty big deal for said guns

But they aren’t popular, what would actually be a reason for a buff and not a nerf. + they by faaaarr aren’t meta.

Edited by (PS4)weilogeilo

6 minutes ago, Feltal said:

8 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

So you want to tell me that embolist is used by many people? Tetra? Single Viper?

I would assume that these were nerfed in order to bring them in line with other weapons of that power level. A weapon having a slightly higher Riven disposition than other weapons which are just as good/bad just results in a new meta being formed, see the Scoliac vs the Atterax for example. The core idea of Rivens was specifically to do away with hardcore metas and make every weapon somewhat viable at all practical levels of play.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

But they aren’t popular, what would actually be a reason for a buff and not a nerf.

if you don't see them doesn't mean they are not used

also what guy above said

Edited by Pro3Display

21 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

It was yes, last disposition changes, they said they were going to try "what the internal feels is a good change for that weapon's disposition, even if it doesn't match popularity". Honestly, at this point, I would just like a presentation of the actual stats, considerations, and charts used to justify such changes. During the Tennocon, someone said that they answered quickly a what is the most used weapon by mastery ranked players above 20 right? Did that one's disposition go down?

De was never able to balance correctly, but with the riven changes every month they nerf/buff stuff Some1 thought about 5secs before the update has to come live. 

“Oh we forget to buff/nerf stuff, Jimmy! What to nerf and buff!?... eh... rubico! Lanka!.... eh embolist!.. Viper!” Holy.. 

Snipers are hardly useful outside of eidolon/lvl 100 bosses. And by nerfing rivens DE made matters worse. Some people state that I should not notice a difference. But I do. A -zoom passing from -40% to a tiny -21% makes a lot of difference on close quarters combat. It makes it patenly useless and painful to use. Why should I struggle to aim and lay a headshot on a group of enemies while I can just take staticor/ignis and oneshot a whole bunch of them without even seeing the enemy?

Sniper gameplay is however rewarding. Because you feel the power of each shot. But for some reason DE want to take it from us. Why? Just tell me why? Has it change anything for eidolons? No. Have it made main sniper gameplay harder for riven users like me — yes.

What for?

To resume, by nerfing sniper rivens that time you made snipers even more specific and more unusable on normal mission. If that's what you wanted, DE, congratulations then.

2 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Snipers are hardly useful outside of eidolon/lvl 100 bosses. And by nerfing rivens DE made matters worse. Some people state that I should not notice a difference. But I do. A -zoom passing from -40% to a tiny -21% makes a lot of difference on close quarters combat. It makes it patenly useless and painful to use. Why should I struggle to aim and lay a headshot on a group of enemies while I can just take staticor/ignis and oneshot a whole bunch of them without even seeing the enemy?

Sniper gameplay is however rewarding. Because you feel the power of each shot. But for some reason DE want to take it from us. Why? Just tell me why? Has it change anything for eidolons? No. Have it made main sniper gameplay harder for riven users like me — yes.

What for?

To resume, by nerfing sniper rivens that time you made snipers even more specific and more unusable on normal mission. If that's what you wanted, DE, congratulations then.

I use them sometimes as well, because they feel satisfying, but u’re completely right. 40 -> 21 is very hard. It’s uncomfortable to use them, so people tend to not use them in normal scenarios. 

8 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Snipers are hardly useful outside of eidolon/lvl 100 bosses.

They may not be useful in comparison to a Scoliac or the Ignis Wraith in low level missions, but they are effective weapons. I use the Snipetron Vandal built for Gas and it is enjoyable to use. Many players run Rubico/Vectis Prime outside of Eidolons as well.

To me, dispositions should just be removed or scale off metrics unrelated to popularity. Rivens aren't meant to balance weapons.

Edited by Voltage

34 minutes ago, (PS4)weilogeilo said:

So you want to tell me

"I'm" not telling you anything. Simply repeating what the devs have stated publicly (iirc).

That being said, all those weapons you listed have high disposition (as best i can see, i don't have rivens for them all)... so i think you've got that back to front.