EdDiesel

Empyrean Fish Team?

Posted (edited)

The Empyrean demo was awesome and I am sure there is more to it then what was revealed. What I am curious to know is will fish team from time to time run into some resistance helping out the the away team? In the demo they just waltzed in and placed their chargers to detonate the shield generator with no issues. From time to time an easy quick victory sure, but I hope there may be times where fish team may run into a real snag or form of resistance. What do you guys think?

Edited by EdDiesel

I would guess the level of difficulty for fish team is correlated to the mission level of space team. So yeah I expect we'll get higher level enemies.

I assume you'll have just the standart number of enemies that'd be guarding that location anyway, at the level of your own mission. 

To be fair, a lot of the Plains Bounties are literally just 'waltz up and do something', maybe you have to dodge a few stray bullets while collecting the Caches, or maybe you have to kill a bunch of them, but the Bounties are usually pretty open to waltzing on most occasions.

But yeah, some of the interactions may only be short detours for the players of Fish team, specifically so that they're encouraged to plant a beacon in the first place, so you're not actually having your day unnecessarily extended for the rewards that it grants.

Some of them, however, might be more challenging if you escalate the situation ^^

Posted (edited)

I hope the squad link can be accessed from more than just PoE... maybe from the Earth Forest tile set too, just for starters. .

I mean... Steve's reference to the battle of Endor... requires a Forest. 

And not sure how popular it might be but let's say you completed an Exterminate mission on an Orokin tileset. Extraction is available and everyone can leave, but Squad Link is also available. One of your team mates pops a squad link. Turns out, a "Lone Tenno Operative" is raiding the same tower for supplies , and if you want to help, and all team members vote yes, another mission is started on the same map and it becomes Survival for X minutes. And then you extract. 

But if people see its a survival and don't want the mission to drag on for another 10 minutes, they can just turn down the Squad Link and if the Squad Link costs resources to deploy, maybe whoever deployed it gets refunded the Squad Link consumable. 

Doesn't have to be a survival, can be any kind of objective (like Sabotage, Capture, etc.) popping up as possibilities on squad link, as long as the tile set and map that your current squad is in has the elements to support the additional objective you take on.

Edited by Xepthrichros

I would also find it interesting if if the squad link required group to enter other mission types to assist in completing objective. For example, maybe in one mission the railjack away team requires system codes to hack an enemies ship systems to enter or disable its shield. So fish team is required to enter a spy mission to obtain that information. To complete all the data vaults must be obtained successfully within a certain time frame which will reward them with data revealing the code railjack squad requires to hack enemies ship systems?

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

I hope the squad link can be accessed from more than just PoE... maybe from the Earth Forest tile set too, just for starters. .

I mean... Steve's reference to the battle of Endor... requires a Forest. 

And not sure how popular it might be but let's say you completed an Exterminate mission on an Orokin tileset. Extraction is available and everyone can leave, but Squad Link is also available. One of your team mates pops a squad link. Turns out, a "Lone Tenno Operative" is raiding the same tower for supplies , and if you want to help, and all team members vote yes, another mission is started on the same map and it becomes Survival for X minutes. And then you extract. 

But if people see its a survival and don't want the mission to drag on for another 10 minutes, they can just turn down the Squad Link and if the Squad Link costs resources to deploy, maybe whoever deployed it gets refunded the Squad Link consumable. 

Doesn't have to be a survival, can be any kind of objective (like Sabotage, Capture, etc.) popping up as possibilities on squad link, as long as the tile set and map that your current squad is in has the elements to support the additional objective you take on.

Along the lines of what I was thinking about in expanding squad link to connect other mission objectives.

Squad link is impressive, but i'm afraid of one thing..
Trolls '-'
Imagine a ground team, that accepts the mission, but does nothing '-'
Maybe we need a way to change our "fish team", with a vote of course.

I known, the ground mission is not necessary for the space mission to succeed, but it would be nice to have a little addition on the ui.
Since the connexion between squads seems very "strong", (I think of the immediate mission result on both side), I think some stats could be share on the UI.

Imagine, for space team, to see the ongoing objective on the ground.
I mean, health and shield of ground team members, to see that they are fighting, and if it's a timer objective, or a multi little steps mission, display that on the ui. ( doesn't have to take lot a space on the screen )

I just realise one thing...
The demo showed us fish team helping space team, but.. what about the opposite ?
Why not mission on ground, with spaceship in orbit, bombarding the area we supposed to go, and a space team could help about that ^^ ?