Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if we follow what was said in Tennocon...

Ephemiel

That means that, after being told New War would be out before Tennocon and recently being told everything was behind schedule, we now have to wait an extra 6 months without any main content. Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

We've waited nearly a year with little to no info on New War or Railjack, we're told at some point early this year that we'd get New War before Tennocon and then we're told in a devstream that literally everything is behind schedule just a few weeks later. If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?

• Like 1

Well, talking and starting an uproar about it isn't going to make the situation any better. It's not like DE can warp time to get 48 hours in a day. It's also unethical on both customer and company side to force their employees to sink significant overtime to get the schedule back on time. You can't magically spawn a bunch of developers to assist with the workload either.

You don't like it, I don't like it, no one likes it, even DE doesn't like it but it's sadly how things have played out and there's very little anyone can really do in this situation but to understand that development can fall behind schedule and often does.

• Like 25

10 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine?

I'm not offended by your question.

I personally plan to sit in my living room and throw a hissy fit until DE release them on schedule.

Because I'm sure that my screams are going to speed up the process.

• Like 2

We can also determine that Empyrean is pretty near done. They did seem to be using a modified version of the Railjack mission system, at least for the first part of it in the heliosphere, instead of a setpiece like last year's showcases.

6 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

That means that, after being told New War would be out before Tennocon and recently being told everything was behind schedule, we now have to wait an extra 6 months without any main content. Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

We've waited nearly a year with little to no info on New War or Railjack, we're told at some point early this year that we'd get New War before Tennocon and then we're told in a devstream that literally everything is behind schedule just a few weeks later. If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?

Everything is subject to change. This is why they're so tight lipped on release dates; as soon as someone says anything, some people will take that as a promise carved in stone. Can you imagine the uproar if they said it was dropping next Tuesday, then had to push it back a day or two? Some people are not forgiving, for better or worse.

• Like 5

Better wait a year and get something decent than following EA's tactics and fudge everything up on schedule... But that's me who learned to wait and make do with the tools I actually have... Sadly not many think like that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FatalPapercut said:

Everything is subject to change. This is why they're so tight lipped on release dates; as soon as someone says anything, some people will take that as a promise carved in stone. Can you imagine the uproar if they said it was dropping next Tuesday, then had to push it back a day or two? Some people are not forgiving, for better or worse.

Hek, people aren't forgiving when they failed to take timezones into account....
I remember back when they used to give firm release dates and people would start yelling and throwing a fit when it wasn't released at 4-5AM in their timezone, regardless of what that meant for DEs own timezone.

22 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

And you're a prime reason of why DE is so hesitant to give out release dates.
They give you a tentative release date of when they hope/think they'll have it out and people like you take it as gods own words instead of what it is.
Then you get angry when that release window is missed due to a variety of factors.

23 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine?

If it gives DE more time to polish it and make it better then why complain?
I would much rather DE take their time and do something right, then rush it out the door as fast as they can and have it be a mess.

• Like 15

As far, as Tennocon goes: I was a bit disappointed, with the fact that the railjack update wasn't coming out anytime soon. More so, that the new war isn't coming out until christmas time. I understand why, but I was hoping that we would get something in terms of new content in the summertime. For example, last year we got the Sacrifice quest(which was a ***** quest, but that is just my opinion). Well, I will busy myself farming for the tier 30 reward from Nightwave. Also, does anyone want to discuss the UI that was shown for railjack, or is that for another thread?

One more thing:

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-empyrean-full-reveal> This says that the Duvri paradox is  another open world.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

that the "main" line content takes it times is all well and good, i got a.... 600 other games to play... on my pc alone....

so feel free to take you time on the main line

however why is there not a "B" and "C" team working on the world building. codex entry stuff that really does not require alot off coding. say simaris getting more things in his mission logg other then his daily scanning mission

or just using basic pre-excisting materials, animations, characters, map locations and so on. for much smaller missions. self contained with a primary focus on the world building

it is nice and all with the commics and all, a neat side side content for those who cares.

it is like a warframe novel.

just... have some worldbuilding in game? think simarillion for warframe, "in the time in ages long ago" and so on.

DE should only keep hard in mind that in-univers "we" the tenno does not nessesary have access to the full story but "we" the player can have. it is perfectly okay if in-universe everyone keep refering say the operator and warframe as synonyms while we the player can know the actuall answer

1 hour ago, Ephemiel said:

the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] 

Well, i would be one of those who asked for it.
not only does it look better, also you can finally start bounties in POE without extracting after every run

" If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?"

Empyrian is Railjack, so that will come first i think and then new war or both will come out at the same time

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

For me there are no other games... until they all drop at once. Tennant comes out in August, then the surge 2 and code vein come out within 3 days of each other.

was about to direct you to steam when i noticed your an xbox player...

i know your feeling

1 hour ago, Ephemiel said:

Thing is, those are the Keynotes content; the big stuff. DE has multiple teams so we can expect new content at a semi-constant pace - just maybe not the big-huge content you want.

That being said, Empyrean/Railjack seems rather well advanced so we might not have to wait that long.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Yeah, most indie games on xbox are pretty crappy so I dont even waste the money. 

have you... considered joining us? we have games from 1985-2019 and it is a big list? and not everything cost money