Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So if we follow what was said in Tennocon...

Ephemiel

22 hours ago, Zendar_Draconis said:

Features creep add development time and it's a major challenge to add something like Squad Link to the game given the current networking architecture. 

Then why do it when one of the biggest complains people have had in this game for years is the P2P connections?

On 2019-07-08 at 12:19 PM, (XB1)Shodian said:

Did you see everything they are putting into these updates. It's going to be massive when it comes out. I'd rather have them take their time and do it the way they want to do. There's aplenty of stuff to do in the game until then.

I think the New Player Experience is a way to “hedge their bets” on this along with Nightwave.

Few communities are dedicated enough to wait, but this community continues to support DE’s ambitions.

• Like 1

I'm gonna ramble a bit if that's alright.Don't expect organization. 

In what game does a single piece of content last more than a week or two before it get's grindy or boring. I mean people ARE playing this for thousands of hours. The expectations are insanely high. Not to say that warframe doesn't have plenty of flaws like any other game does, but you can't expect to be able to sit down and have interesting things to do all the time for years and years. 

It's not that you shouldn't play or that you are a white knight or a $&*^-hole-digger. It's just that the reality is one where the content is somewhat episodic in nature. If you wanna play or not play, that's your personal business and not mine, but virtually all possible content burns out eventually. Maybe railjack or something lasts a long time, but the realistic expectation right now is that you'll be waiting between updates. It's not white knighting, it's not needless complaining, it's a fact. We can try to give feedback to help DE have a better idea of what sustainable content looks like, but even our best models of longevity eventually burn out in a community that regularly puts in thousands of hours. 

So what I'm TRYING to say is that is that waiting, as warframe currently is, content will come in waves - with not allot between. I will say that this season of nightwave has me logging in again, but only for the rewards. I don't WANT to do the bounties for it, no matter how easy or hard - and I think that's what DE need to figure out. It's half about rewards and half about enjoyable game play in nightwave's case at least. I don't enjoy or want to guild some random zaw. Why would I unless I just so happened to be leveling one anyway (highly unlikely)? In my mind, nightwave needs to offer something amusing, something immersive, and something that isn't just a bunch of aspects of the game I don't feel like doing. Yes, this season is less grindy in a way, but I still don't actually wanna do it. It's work. I'm just working for arbitrarily assigned digital payment. It's odd. And I just think that if I'm going to feel like I'm working a shift at an actual job, then I should get even a single platinum somehow (It will never happen). Melee is loved for how enjoyable it is. Nightwave bounties should be loved for feeling good to do. They don't. Maybe if completing nightwave alerts automatically refilled the bounty so you could just keep doing them. YEP, people would get it done way faster, but it would be a far more Enriching experience than playing for little while and then logging out until the next week... IN MY PERSONAL OPINION. Maybe make a daily standing cap like other syndicates. And then after rank 30, somewhat randomized rewards with slight chances for legendary cores, umbra/aura formas. A sprinkling of "legendary" bounties with endgame-esk challenges would be neat. Maybe just one of those every three weeks with an extreme even a community challenge. 

Addition: I like the idea of a warframe that you get from nightwave. 

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

As a company, digital extremes can make more money off of new players than older players. You'll always come back for that new warframe or something cool like the Nidus skin that is in the early game area. Now if they decided to increase their staff and make endgame stuff and new player stuff... I think Digital Extremes would be in for profit...

There are many many people out there that feel the same way you do OP and its okay! I've listened to their opinions and how much time they have invested into this game.

It is simply the fact that a lot of Tenno shutdown people who give feedback on content release or desire or a certain type of content making them express their feelings less. Kind of like a Government where you cannot say anything, and like that government they'll simply move on to other games/countries if it continues!

Edited by Midas

On 2019-07-08 at 12:14 PM, Ephemiel said:

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

LOL. They dont owe us anything. NOT ONE DAMN THING. No explanations, no excuses, not a word of remorse for "lack of content " sadness. Find something else to do and wait like the rest of us. 

Edited by mcdoo

On 2019-07-09 at 12:14 AM, Ephemiel said:

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine?

Simple. I've been playing the game for five years and I know how things work around these parts of gaming.

I saw delays coming the moment Steve put things on that famous roadmap whiteboard.

I called 50 to 80 % of that stuff being delayed to 2020, they still have some time to prove me wrong.

Also, I may call out one more thing based on previous experiences

Spoiler

NONE of the stuff is gonna live up to the hype and wait. And each update is going to ammount for, like, half an hour of unique content and a week or two of repetetive grind tops.

24 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Simple. I've been playing the game for five years and I know how things work around these parts of gaming.

I saw delays coming the moment Steve put things on that famous roadmap whiteboard.

I called 50 to 80 % of that stuff being delayed to 2020, they still have some time to prove me wrong.

Also, I may call out one more thing based on previous experiences

Reveal hidden contents

NONE of the stuff is gonna live up to the hype and wait. And each update is going to ammount for, like, half an hour of unique content and a week or two of repetetive grind tops.

As to that whiteboard...

Spoiler

DxOEhaSUwAAqgec.jpg

Check list of what's been released from it:

• 2 of those 3 warframes (Hildryn and Wisp - Gauss was the third, and hadn't really been more than a design concept)
  • Deck 12 - Exploiter Orb fight
  • Gas City rework, with Amalgam enemies and Disruption game mode (plus a boss fight!)
  • Wolf of Saturn Six (i.e. the first of Nightwave)

Check list of what's not been released/done:

• New War
  • Empyrean
  • Planes of Duviri
  • Kingpin system
  • Melee rework
  • New player experience updated
  • Difficulty concerns addressed
  • Raids coming back somehow
  • Prime trailers being done again

New War is coming Christmas, so that will technically still be done in 2019.
Empyrean is an unknown. I'm trying to be optimistic - because it looks so close to being done, and the New War trailer demonstrated the Sentient fighters that they specifically created for Railjack - but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably an early 2020 release.
Kingpin system - Appears to be tied to the Empyrean update
Planes of Duviri - I'd put money on Christmas 2020 at the soonest. It's only been teased. We have seen nothing of in-game content for this in devstreams. If I had to be completely honest, I imagine what they meant here was the teaser trailer they just showed, rather than the full project, but I'm still counting it as "not done"
New player experience - It's being worked on, but all we have is that trailer, so... with New War and Empyrean clearly being top priority, I'd put that off for 2020.
Melee rework - Honestly, this could still happen in 2019. It's actually partially released already, after all, and the Wukong rework is a test-bed for it. I expect to see this before we see New War, to be frank. It seems like they only need animation work finished.
Difficulty concerns - Definitely backburner status, as all we've heard so far as spit-balled ideas during devstreams
Raids coming back - Probably a pipe dream, as Melee 3.0, Nightwave, and the new player experience are higher priority projects
Prime trailers - Probably never gonna happen, with how much CGI they're having to do elsewhere

Note: It's not on the whiteboard, but we still haven't fought the 3rd Orb Mother.

Conclusion: you're not wrong.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

for everyone saying "go play something else till updates drop" uhhh you realize in SIX MONTHS THATS THE HOLIDAY SEASON!! which means most, if not all, of the triple A games come to play and is the WORST time for a game like this to go: 

"heeeeeey remember.... uh remember that update we talked about waaaaay back lol ye...yeah its out soooo if you wanna take a break from that other game...?" 

usually not the best time. thats like some B-C ranked movie trying to compete in the same opening week with Avengers. the worst thing you can do for your game is tell your community "hey its done when it done, come back later." which is normally followed with "why cant i find people to play with on this game?"

1 minute ago, Noble_One said:

for everyone saying "go play something else till updates drop" uhhh you realize in SIX MONTHS THATS THE HOLIDAY SEASON!! which means most, if not all, of the triple A games come to play and is the WORST time for a game like this to go: 

"heeeeeey remember.... uh remember that update we talked about waaaaay back lol ye...yeah its out soooo if you wanna take a break from that other game...?" 

usually not the best time. thats like some B-C ranked movie trying to compete in the same opening week with Avengers. the worst thing you can do for your game is tell your community "hey its done when it done, come back later." which is normally followed with "why cant i find people to play with on this game?"

Warframe will always wait.

We veteran players have been doing this for years. Not logging in to Warframe for months, playing other games, while waiting for content to drop.

On 2019-07-08 at 10:25 AM, Dhrekr said:

I'm not offended by your question.

I personally plan to sit in my living room and throw a hissy fit until DE release them on schedule.

Because I'm sure that my screams are going to speed up the process.

It amazes me that we have so many of these types of threads here. If all you did was read the forums youd think people hated this game  and that it must be some kind of god forsaken dumpster fire.

But if somebody makes a thread complaining about the negativity around here? META COMPLAINING REEEEE. Some of these people should go play destiny for awhile and see how good we have it.

You cant expect a developer to release "content" every instant/week/month and then arbitrarily decide "content" has to be at least on the sale of fortuna to be "real content" and then also whine cry piss and moan about that too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

You and Ephemiel are two opposite extremes. Kind of amusing.

Im cool and chill this dude sounds like a entitled narcissist who might go chucky on his family if they undercook the frozen pizza. 

2 hours ago, safaiaryu said:

This is a FREE GAME. What makes you think they owe you ANYTHING? What's "fine" is whatever they release, whenever they release it. Get a life.

Your comment does not promote the discussion it is only a lash out with the lack of evidence in your statement. If they want to maintain income and players they need to expand 100 people at least per team. I would do a new player team, a endgame player team, and a bug team. It would divide work loads soo much!

I think Leyou needs to give this game more attention and does not comprehend the immense popularity of this game. 

I have read reddit forums of over 1k+ spent on this game (over 30 people in a glance of the thread have spent that).

If your goal is money just do this idea!

Edited by Midas

They explained why New War is taking so long. There’s a whole new tile set that looked cool, but was harder to make playable than they thought. 

Videogames are creative work and that sometimes takes more time than you think, in ways that are unpredictable. 

Its unfortuante, but I’d rather wait for something that’s good than get something  now that’s mediocre and boring. 

Maybe just go read a book or teach yourself whittling or something.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-08 at 10:41 AM, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

For me there are no other games... until they all drop at once. Tennant comes out in August, then the surge 2 and code vein come out within 3 days of each other.

Have you played Batman Arkham City? That’s a good game.

All the Mass Effects are pretty cool.

Breath of the Wild, maybe.

Ir maybe dig up a wii and a copy of No More Heroes. That game was awesome!

53 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Have you played Batman Arkham City? That’s a good game.

All the Mass Effects are pretty cool.

Breath of the Wild, maybe.

Ir maybe dig up a wii and a copy of No More Heroes. That game was awesome!

Yeah I've played most games that have come out in recent years. It's just less and less stuff is appealing to me every year for some reason.

On 2019-07-08 at 11:14 PM, Ephemiel said:

That means that, after being told New War would be out before Tennocon and recently being told everything was behind schedule, we now have to wait an extra 6 months without any main content. Plus the fact neither Empyrian nor Duviri Paradox have a release date.

No offense, but how does ANYONE think this is fine? We've gotten very little content since last Tennocon [and no, Nightwave isn't "content", it's at best little missions you do ALONGSIDE the content], all we really got was a few bosses on Fortuna [which were buggy as hell when they came out], the Plains of Eidolon remaster [which, let's admit right here, no one asked for] and the Gas Planet rework [the only thing of actual value since it completely changed a Planet]. What else was added exactly? 

We've waited nearly a year with little to no info on New War or Railjack, we're told at some point early this year that we'd get New War before Tennocon and then we're told in a devstream that literally everything is behind schedule just a few weeks later. If we're now getting New War at Christmas, when would we expect Empyrian or Duviri? Summer 2020? Christmas 2020 again?

Well from my point of view, you're being very pessimistic and demanding. No offense. I tried to look it positively and enjoyed the game a lot, especially the Nightwave. There still much for me to catchup: the standings (ostron, solaris united, etc) and it gives me lots of time.

My suggestion is to enjoy the game, and if you're bored or out of content to play, just switch to another game. thats what I did when FORTUNA came out. I hated the content and left for another game, then return again and love it again.

Just wait and dont exhaust all your energy on 1 thing. You'll get super  bored fast. It's what happens to everyone. You can't force DE to do this do that etc. Good thing requires progress. I see so many positives feedbacks almost everywhere, facebook, twitter, instagram , etc from Tennocon contents.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

They flatout said it would be out before Tennocon.

This game would be so much better if people like YOU, who do nothing but suck up and defend DE when they screw up, weren't here.

If there weren’t “people like me” who voluntarily invested real money not only in the gaming experience but also the artistic endeavors and technical/technological ambitions of the DE family, there would be NOTHING for you to complain about in the first place because there would be NO WARFRAME.

How much have you invested?

You want to call me and my community out for making Warframe a lesser product because we somehow EXCUSE and support imaginary ineptitude, laziness and apathy on DE’s part?

Then let’s get straight to brass tacks.

Like others in the community, I can be VERY vocally BLUNT in my criticisms of what I like and don’t like as Warframe continues to evolve, to the point where I vote with my money (or lack thereof).

I, too, see the mounting delays as ever-more-complex projects attempt to revolutionize Warframe in ways that, yes, I question whether I may even care about or want.

And yes, I see how dangerously close Tennocon is getting to becoming a Marketing ploy instead of legitimate hype for real content yet to be released.  If DE isn’t careful, the whole thing could collapse/backfire.

But to suggest that DE is playing us for suckers and doesn’t work hard or have extraordinary dedication and passion for their work just makes you look ignorant.

And to that end, for the first time in many, many months (because I’m a core combat old-school guy who has seen lots of new content, but none as fun as basic combat), I’m off to buy Wukong Prime Accessories to reward Ambition and give DE a little working capital.

Fin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 3