Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of The "steel Fiber" For Sentinels?

LxLawliet

Apparently, all sentinels have a base armor of value of...wait for it...0. The wiki assumes it (needs confirmation), the stats in "Arsenal" show it (might be wrong). So, could a developer actually clarify this?

Do Sentinels have armor or not? If yes, what's their respective value? If no, why does a mod exist which increases armor when it clearly can't? Or is my math wrong and it's not multiplicative but rather additive?*

*For those who don't understand: The usual formula for armor is {Base Armor + (Base Armor * Effect Value)}. An additive formula could look like this: {Base Armor + (Base Armor + Effect Value*100)}

Example for additive formula (sentinels):

Base Armor: 0

Effect Value: 110% (max value of Steel Fiber for Sentinels) -> 1.10

0+(0+1.1*100) = 110

I was thinking this the other day as well, I don't think it's additive as regardless of whether you have steel fiber equipped or not it still shows zero armour for your sentinel in the loadout screen... would be great to clarify if this is a bug or if no sentinel actually does have armour (and if they do, which ones and what values...)

Edited by MDG3ist

Meanwhile at DE...

Steve: Yo Scott. I show 2% of people still using that Lato Prime. Lets check that against the sentinel test benchmark mod.

Scott: *BURP* Aight.... Nope still 9% using Steel Fiber on their sentinel under rank 30 and without a potato. We need to buff the Lato Prime. It's use is below even the minimum expected use of a feature by those monkey's taking a break from trying to type Shakespeare.

I heard that there is an error in the UI. The actual amount is >0.

Steel Fiber should have an effect on your Sentinel.

Which makes my request even more urgent, for no one really knows whether or not Steel Fiber is of any use...and I'd also like to inquire as to what particular effect it has on sentinels (to be more precise, what armor values sentinels have).

Edited by LxLawliet

Meanwhile at DE...

Steve: Yo Scott. I show 2% of people still using that Lato Prime. Lets check that against the sentinel test benchmark mod.

Scott: *BURP* Aight.... Nope still 9% using Steel Fiber on their sentinel under rank 30 and without a potato. We need to buff the Lato Prime. It's use is below even the minimum expected use of a feature by those monkey's taking a break from trying to type Shakespeare.

Scott never says buff.

Amazing. This is the 10º thread about "sentinels don't have armor, so what is steel fiber good for?" since U10, but the first that gets more than one answer. I just don't understand how this forum works.

It's because VKhaun's post (shown below) just took this thread to legendary status. 

Meanwhile at DE...

Hahahaha. You made my day. XD

I believe the armor numbers are messed up. I took two equally modded sentinels Carrier and Dethcube both with the same health, shields, etc. into Wendell on Phobos. It's T3 Grineer Survival. It seems to me the Dethcube held up much better. (carrier would always die 1/2 way through) Both had their precepts programmed similarly with Deth Machine Rifle equipped.