Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Nerfed?

Mainabi

it looks like the torid cloud doesn't work with serration anymore, I just get the 20+ 1 elemental dmg (got ice and fire equipped) so in the end 20+18 dmg per torid ball

I'm not sure if it's nerfed or bugged?

can someone clear me up?

They took out the poison being able to hurt the user so im thinking that because of that the balance was that the damage of the cloud is not affected as much by mods.

It's not exactly a double nerf - if the poison can't hurt the person who laid it down, then that, in my eyes, is considered a buff, as you can no longer kill yourself with it. That's like removing the friendly damage done to yourself if you shoot the ignis as your feet, which, I hope they never do, I might add.

But if it's been affected that much by the damage mods, then I think the torid is made almost borderline useless. Laying down the gas would only be useful if a Vauban has a vortex or a bastille cage up where your enemies can't move, otherwise it's got no use with the speed of some enemies, specially in defence.

It's not exactly a double nerf - if the poison can't hurt the person who laid it down, then that, in my eyes, is considered a buff, as you can no longer kill yourself with it. That's like removing the friendly damage done to yourself if you shoot the ignis as your feet, which, I hope they never do, I might add.

But if it's been affected that much by the damage mods, then I think the torid is made almost borderline useless. Laying down the gas would only be useful if a Vauban has a vortex or a bastille cage up where your enemies can't move, otherwise it's got no use with the speed of some enemies, specially in defence.

most people used the torid's cloud in advantage with some other mod combo. so infact its a nerf

As someone who used the Torid in combination with Vortex pretty much all the time, the reduced damage will still make the gun utterly worthless even in that situation.  For an AoE / area denial weapon, it has a terrible range and short duration.  Plus, while I haven't tested this out with the Torid, Vauban's Vortex no longer appears to allow players to damage rag-dolled enemies (with the exception of a melee finisher).  I don't know if this change was intended or not, but it's another major nerf to Vauban and the Torid. 

As someone who used the Torid in combination with Vortex pretty much all the time, the reduced damage will still make the gun utterly worthless even in that situation.  For an AoE / area denial weapon, it has a terrible range and short duration.  Plus, while I haven't tested this out with the Torid, Vauban's Vortex no longer appears to allow players to damage rag-dolled enemies (with the exception of a melee finisher).  I don't know if this change was intended or not, but it's another major nerf to Vauban and the Torid. 

then the cc type got changed to slide instead of ragdoll >.>

most people used the torid's cloud in advantage with some other mod combo. so infact its a nerf

Torid + Rage much ? :P

Edit : I think the introduction of PvP has started to show its ugly head. Items getting ninja nerfed so they cant be abused in PvP.

5 forma wasted. Sigh. Sad

Yea, same here....

Edited by rksk16it

Check through the first couple of pages before making a new thread. This is a bug that the developers have stated that they are aware of and working on. It is not a nerf.

I checked other threads and i found this : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/107137-torid-bug/#entry1265524

He said "colouring" will be comming back, but from what I understand, some of us dont give **** about the color. Its the effect (or lack) of serration on poison dot. I'll be glad if you can point me to a post by DE where they say anything about Torid's DOT damage not affected by Serration (and other issues of elemental dmg) and not just pretty colors.

Yeah... calm down guys, this bug has happened before and it'll get fixed when they find out what went wrong this time.

I would be beyond livid if they nerfed down this gun because it is NOT OP compared to many other options and I've forma'ed mine to fit my optimal build (5 times).

Edited by Bakim0n0

Yeah... calm down guys, this bug has happened before and it'll get fixed when they find out what went wrong this time.

I would be beyond livid if they nerfed down this gun because it is NOT OP compared to many other options and I've forma'ed mine to fit my optimal build (5 times).

The fix is just taking way too long. The longer it takes, the more people that rage when Torid is actually fixed and the weapon isn't what they thought it was. People who invested in Torid recently without knowing it wasn't functioning as intended will be angry.

The fix is just taking way too long. The longer it takes, the more people that rage when Torid is actually fixed and the weapon isn't what they thought it was. People who invested in Torid recently without knowing it wasn't functioning as intended will be angry.

It might not be that simple of a fix, which is why it's taking so long. Programming is weird, altering one section of code can sometimes interfere with a completely different section. I'm sure they'll put out a fix as soon as it's available.