Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)Kavriel

New New Player Experience

Plenty of threads about other announcements, but what about the new player experience? When is it coming and what else is changing?

While it could serve as a CG intro to the game and open directly into gameplay, I wonder if there will be more snippets of CGI at other points, or if the first mission will be changed to give further development. I read some speculation that the whole 'Vor's Prize' quest will be replaced - which I think is completely unnecessary as the CG trailer seems to lead straight into it (and Vor could also serve as an introduction into the Kuva Litch system as often as he returns).

I would rather like to see Vor's Prize expanded, maybe featuring some details from the comic or some added areas. Maybe we get a glimpse into Vor and his doings as we fight the ascaris - something like the taming of Umbra.

Collecting orbiter parts could be blended into a more developed quest rather than 'do this mission, now do this one, now this one'. Simply adding a graphic of the ship to the codex with sections labeled and flashing as missing could be more intuitive, as well as serve to introduce the codex.

Just curious as to what will change, as that would give a better idea of when to expect it - as if it was just the intro trailer they could've added that with the live update gimmick. Being targeted to new players, the sooner it goes in the better, but if the scope goes all the way to Railjack, for example, I could see it taking a bit longer.

Whatever they do with it, it will be good.