Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yadalaboth

New and Old Orbiter

Just a suggestion, but hopefully we can choose between the new and old orbiter layouts. I know I probably sound like a rose-tinted glasses wearing nostalgia dummy, since yes, the new one does look better, but the old one's been around for so long it seems weird to change it.

I, for one, look forward to moving into a place where i don't bump my head when i try to climb the stairs too quickly.

Nope, welcome to the new Warframe.

It's extremely unlikely you'll get to keep the option as they stated during Tennocon that there'll probably be further expansion and new rooms added down the line.

If we're going with nostalgia as a good reason, gimme back the original orbiter layout, missing the lowered area in the back with the three doors.

Or gimme the star map as the only main menu.

But nostalgia for something like this isn't really valid. 

2 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

But nostalgia for something like this isn't really valid. 

Yeah, im kinda aware of that. Also, hold on...

2 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

original orbiter layout, missing the lowered area in the back with the three doors.

Original layout? How long have you been playing for?

2 minutes ago, yadalaboth said:

Yeah, im kinda aware of that. Also, hold on...

This like the 3rd orbiter. Originally, there was nothing behind the arsenal, no downstairs or doors or anything 

The only thing that stinks is the likely situation of all the placed items being tossed back into inventory. I didn't, but I see plenty of people who have spent a ridiculous amount of time and energy decorating.

26 minutes ago, yadalaboth said:

Many of us started playing before the Orbiter was a thing.

And the truth is that the current iteration of the Orbiter will become just a memory for everyone, including like you, just like the concept of your Warframe hanging in the middle of an empty black space is now just a memory to many of us.

11 hours ago, Firetempest said:

The only thing that stinks is the likely situation of all the placed items being tossed back into inventory. I didn't, but I see plenty of people who have spent a ridiculous amount of time and energy decorating.

They said that wouldn't be the case. They were "mostly sure" that they tested every place you could put a decoration in, and it would be kept as it is when this change happens. I imagine even you put something on the ceiling, it would just be floating there in the air when the change comes, which would keep it easy for you to move it around to where else you see fit.

sorry but you will be forced to deal with the new orbiter layout as it will be the same dimensions as the old layout just everything gonna be having a new more flushed out look.

im just hoping that the talk of us having choice of using the railjack or the orbiter as are main ship still be a option as 😄 bye bye ordis hello CY my new best buddy