Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Forma Challenge is just annoying

-Vahagn-

It sounds fine on paper, but the challenge has many problems that just make it annoying and tedious.

In my personal opinion, this one of the worst nightwave challenges, both for high and low MR.

Here are some reasons why I don't like it:

• It incentives players to not forma freely during Nightwave. Since they would rather wait until they get the challenge to forma so it does not go to waste.
  • Most players who can do majority of the Nightwave tasks would already have their gear fully formaed, giving them no reason to forma more.
  • Players then gotta forma items that either do not need forma or are MR fodder. 
  • The three forma can be put to use elsewhere. It takes four forma to craft an aura forma, and it can be used for crafting Equinox, weapons or even rise Syndicate ranks. This is even worse for low MR players since they don't have many Warframes or weapons. They where probably so excited to finally craft Equinox, a Nikana, and an Ignis. Now your asking them to give up what is to them a valuable crafting materiel. Lets not also forget that an Exilus Adapter requires two forma to craft as well.
  • Crafting forma requires Orokin Cells, which drop at the latest from Ceres. For some new players, this can take at least four days to reach. Once they do reach Ceres, they will still need to find three of them. When they finally do have three of them, they will still have to wait at least three days to craft all of them. 
  • Players at low MR generally don't need forma to deal with things below level 30. Making them rush to Ceres just to get some for a Nightwave means less time for them to explore or enjoy the game.
  • This "challenge" is not even a good challenge. high MR players will have nothing to forma, and low MR players will either have no forma at all or a small amount. The hardest part of this challenge is getting forma, which is nothing for high MR and tedious for low MR.
  • Even if you do forma a MR fodder weapon your never gonna use, its now stuck in your inventory and useless unless you level it up again. Its not even MR fodder any more since it doesn't give any MR, its just fodder. You might as well delete the weapon, but then your basically throwing away forma. Furthermore, I doubt players will have maxed MR fodder weapons laying in their inventory, since that is a waste of a slot.

Again this is all my personal opinion, feel free to argue or disagree.

I just skip the challenge since you don't need to do all Nightwaves to reach max. Though I can see how this can be a problem for new players and low MR. 

Edited by WH1735S0W
  • Like 2

Gosh...

Once again this complaint doesn't make sense.

If you're a vet, you'll be able to complete all the other challenges. Thus, this one is NOT REQUIRED for you.

Second, it doesn't incentivize you to not forma during nightwave. Do you really have only 3 Forma to spend per 3 months ? I have consumed 350 formas in my life so far. That's nonsense.

Third, Orokin Cells are a blocking point now, really ?

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

don't try to pull the fresh off the boat card for Nightwave. brand new Players that have barely played at all are unable to complete like 50% or more of the Nightwave Tasks without having someone else do it for them.
it's going to be normal for a brand new Player to miss quite a fair amount of the Tasks. there's just no way around that.

while Tasks that basically say "hey you're a new Player, right? well progress a little bit" are annoying from my perspecitve on the basis of being asked to build a Lego item that i don't need and will probably end up deleting the day after (because i already Crafted that stuff), and similarly i already have pretty much filled everything out with Forma so being asked to use it is also kinda like telling me to just set Resources on fire for no reason.... that's not what this Thread is talking about.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 6

The whole "problem for new players" is just off. Why should new players be able to do every challenge and get the top tier rewards? If you agree they do not have to be, there is no problem for some of the missions to be not for them. If you think new players should be able to do all missions and get top tier rewards, what is the point for older players to play this game and rank up?

• Like 2

night wave gave me a reason to build and use forma besides for building weapons it actually got me to more casually use forma i might make a dent in my BP stock pile and to bother with modular weapons 

different strokes for different folks i guess *shrug*

• Like 1

The New player / Low MR card also doesn't work too well when you think about how the alerts worked (that Nightwave replaces) in that if you didn't have the node unlocked, you simply didn't see the alert. New players were missing a good chunk of all alerts.

You might say "But we could taxi them!" Yes, and you can help them complete the Nightwave challenges as well.

That being said; Forma challenge. I personally forma stuff all the time so it never bothered me. It just gives me an incentive to dust off a weapon or frame I haven't used in a while and experiment with it, see what I can come up with. Worse come to worse I would just forma 3 throw-aways and recoup my formas later along the track. Ultimate worse come to worse, just ignore that challenge. Unless they changed the ratio you need to complete about 60% of the standing available so there's quite a few challenges you can ignore - or come back to later thanks to the catch-up mechanic.

3 minutes ago, GuiJay said:

The New player / Low MR card also doesn't work too well when you think about how the alerts worked (that Nightwave replaces) in that if you didn't have the node unlocked, you simply didn't see the alert. New players were missing a good chunk of all alerts.

You might say "But we could taxi them!" Yes, and you can help them complete the Nightwave challenges as well.

That being said; Forma challenge. I personally forma stuff all the time so it never bothered me. It just gives me an incentive to dust off a weapon or frame I haven't used in a while and experiment with it, see what I can come up with. Worse come to worse I would just forma 3 throw-aways and recoup my formas later along the track. Ultimate worse come to worse, just ignore that challenge. Unless they changed the ratio you need to complete about 60% of the standing available so there's quite a few challenges you can ignore - or come back to later thanks to the catch-up mechanic.

Not really sure I can taxi someone to profit taker who doesnt have max standing, or to the kuva fortress if they dont have TWW done, or to sorties. Kinda falls apart because some stuff is gated, The sorties and the 30 min kuba survival arent to hard to be able to do, but profit taker is actually a pretty big one even among regular players, not just new people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Not really sure I can taxi someone to profit taker who doesnt have max standing, or to the kuva fortress if they dont have TWW done, or to sorties.

You have a point, but aren't those usually the "Elite weekly" challenges though? Those are meant for the high-MR / high-hours people. The way I see it, Nightwave is not meant to be 100% completed by everyone, hence why you only need 60% of the points to reach the top reward; even newer players should be able to manage that.

Not that I see having content gates as being a bad thing; it gives you something to work towards.

I think the only issue I have with the current nightwave implementation is the FOMO (fear of missing out) that people have over the act-exclusive cosmetics which seems to evoke quite a bit of stress in some people and I think is the root of a lot of the complaints going around.

Edited by GuiJay

19 minutes ago, GuiJay said:

I think the only issue I have with the current nightwave implementation is the FOMO (fear of missing out) that people have over the act-exclusive cosmetics which seems to evoke quite a bit of stress in some people and I think is the root of a lot of the complaints going around.

This.  There should be more transparency about amount of weeklies you can skip and still hit top tier.

• Like 1

I agree.

It's not that i can't do it, it's just i don't like when the game forces me to use my resources on something i might not need, as a consequence i now wait for the forma challenge to appear so i can indeed forma content.

I understand that DE want's players to make use of the stockpiles of forma they have, but why? Why do we need to use forma? why can't we keep the forma we have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

We found the 12 year old.

So because I use my brain to ignore tasks I don't like I'm a 12 years old.

K. Well I guess that is one more person who deserves to get on my ignore list.

Edited by JackHargreav

Just now, JackHargreav said:

So because I use my brain to ignore tasks I don't like I'm a 12 years old.

K. Well I guess that is one more person who deserves to get on my ignore list.

Should DE remove the feedback section? We can all use our brains to ignore all the things we don't like and ignore the game completely as well. After all, don't like it, don't do/buy/play/watch it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Should DE remove the feedback section? We can all use our brains to ignore all the things we don't like and ignore the game completely as well. After all, don't like it, don't do/buy/play/watch it.

What does this have to do with anything. The 3 forma task is just one from other 20 (or whatever) challenges.

Just because the big "veterans" don't need to forma it doesn't mean others don't have to.

Also the completion ratio is the same 60% or 70% as it was. Aka you can ignore stuff you don't like.

Also DE would have removed the task if they wanted to, but they don't want to, it seems like and of course this is still General Discussion, so you're wasting you're time anyway. 

Edit: There is a catch up mechanic. So you know. Complete a week and come back to the task if you have something to forma.

Edited by JackHargreav

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

We found the 12 year old.

Isn't the 12 year old mentality to have everything be changed in their own way for as little effort as possible, rather than using logic to determine whether something should or shouldn't be done?

I don't like the fishing/mining 'challenges', especially how frequently they appear due to alternating between PoE and Orb, but I just didn't do them if I didn't feel like doing them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I agree.

It's not that i can't do it, it's just i don't like when the game forces me to use my resources on something i might not need, as a consequence i now wait for the forma challenge to appear so i can indeed forma content.

I understand that DE want's players to make use of the stockpiles of forma they have, but why? Why do we need to use forma? why can't we keep the forma we have.

I totaly agree with Kireek here, tasks where the only purpuse is to make you spend an ingame resources just for the lol's are stupid. And I can't understand the arrogants of some "veteran" players here in the forum. I play this game basicly since the start as well, but I never got this entitled attitute and this disconnect from people who just stared the game.

Take a simple look at the task and teh possible rewards. You technically spend 3 forma to later get 3 forma as a reward?! That's simply BAD taskdesign. Basicly DE tells you to go f*** yourself and spend time on the game for nothing. In every other part of the game you get SOMETHING for your time, resources, frames, weapons, relicsm etc. But here you might get nothing if you don't need to forma anything in your inventory at the moment. And yes if you are low on Forma you will put of to forma your items and wait for this task during a nightwave season, wich AGAIN is BAD taskdesign.

25 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

But here you might get nothing if you don't need to forma anything in your inventory at the moment

There are almost 400 weapons, Warframes and companions with 8 to 10 mod slots on each. That's near 4,000 things you can forma. You always have something to forma.

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Shodian:

There are almost 400 weapons, Warframes and companions with 8 to 10 mod slots on each. That's near 4,000 things you can forma. You always have something to forma.

With the release of Wukong Prime at the same time as the Forma challenge there is Nobody that has everything Formaed before this challenge.

I hate it because I dont pick forma when cracking relics I think its a waste especially when I could be getting items to trade for plat or ducats. So I personally more often than not buy my forma with plat, this is also due to the fact forma has a 24 hour build time which to this day is just stupid and looks bad and greedy on DE's part.

The challenge forces players to use a valuable resource which is just never good.

Edited by S.Dust

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Yeah but again, new players don't have 400 weapons, and they most likely don't have the mods that necessitate to forma your weapons or frames. And still that leaves BAD taskdesign, no matter if you got 3 forma or the weapons or frames or mods.

17 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

Yeah but again, new players don't have 400 weapons, and they most likely don't have the mods that necessitate to forma your weapons or frames. And still that leaves BAD taskdesign, no matter if you got 3 forma or the weapons or frames or mods.

That to me just sounds like an excuse not to do it. Because they're are multiple challenges, i.e. killing an eidolon or profit taker, kuva survival etc that a lot of new players can't do. But they don't have to complete every challenge to get to the highest tier. So if you don't want to do it you don't have to.