Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Forma Challenge is just annoying

-Vahagn-

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

That to me just sounds like an excuse not to do it. Because they're are multiple challenges, i.e. killing an eidolon or profit taker, kuva survival etc that a lot of new players can't do. But they don't have to complete every challenge to get to the highest tier. So if you don't want to do it you don't have to.

You're right. But killing Eidalons or Profittaker, kuva survival etc. are not the same as just wasting a resource and that's why they are good task even if they might not be doable for new players. But just waisting your formas so that you wasted your formas is AGAIN BAD TASKDESIGN.

Do I like the challenge?

No

Smells too much like a means to spend 35 plats. 

Is it the only thing that is problematic for new players? 

No, most new players won't be able to do half the challenges. 

So what I disagree with is your logic.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

So because I use my brain to ignore tasks I don't like I'm a 12 years old.

K. Well I guess that is one more person who deserves to get on my ignore list.

Kek you are acting like a little kid for having an ignore list. 8v

10 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Do I like the challenge?

No

Smells too much like a means to spend 35 plats. 

Is it the only thing that is problematic for new players? 

No, most new players won't be able to do half the challenges. 

So what I disagree with is your logic.

I think it is worse for high mr players since you already have all the weapons you use with the forma they need. This challenge only makes me waste forma on useless weapons and I'm starting to run out of fodder weapon to slap the forma on.

Just now, CodeUltimate said:

Kek you are acting like a little kid for having an ignore list. 8v

You are aware that is something you just have with a forum profile. Even with an in game profile.

And sorry but I don't waste my time with ppl who just pull the "You must be 12." argument. Btw That is actually something that only a kid would do.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

You are aware that is something you just have with a forum profile. Even with an in game profile.

And sorry but I don't waste my time with ppl who just pull the "You must be 12." argument. Btw That is actually something that only a kid would do.

I don't think you should ignore someone just because they said something you don't like. The only time I would find myself using the ignore system would be if someone started harrassing me in every shape or form lol.

8 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

I don't think you should ignore someone just because they said something you don't like. The only time I would find myself using the ignore system would be if someone started harrassing me in every shape or form lol.

I try to not use it also most of the time. (I have about 4 or 5 ppl on it. One or two of those ppl got banned.) However if your argument is this dumb sh*t, that has nothing to do with anything. I just won't waste my time with that person anymore.

Edited by JackHargreav

17 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

I think it is worse for high mr players since you already have all the weapons you use with the forma they need. This challenge only makes me waste forma on useless weapons and I'm starting to run out of fodder weapon to slap the forma on.

It's a feeling of wasted resources for sure, that's why I just ignore this challenge. 

honestly, it's not a big deal. I forma a lot of stuff when I have nothing better to do anyway, and since I'm farming for the new primes, Forma Blueprints are easy to come by. if all else fails, a Forma Bundle is what, 35p? you can easily get that doing a few relic runs and selling the prime parts. if you luck out and get a rare part that's a forma bundle right there in one go.

anyway, it's also true that you won't have to do 100% of the tasks to hit rank 30, and the new catch-up system means you can just hold off until you get 3 Formas built. there are plenty opportunities to do this challenge, even if you don't have the Forma right away.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

So because I use my brain to ignore tasks I don't like I'm a 12 years old.

K. Well I guess that is one more person who deserves to get on my ignore list.

If we had all been like you, none of the problems the game has had over the past ~7 years would have been fixed.

Just now, FlyingDice said:

If we had all been like you, none of the problems the game has had over the past ~7 years would have been fixed.

Oh really? The 3 forma challenge is really that huge of a problem? One task from the other 20 tasks in a game mode. Mean while there are much bigger problems with the game but of course you're just sitting here whining because you don't want to do that 1 task.

Truly a huge game breaking issue. I don't even know how you can play this game with such a huge glaring problem like this.

32 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Oh really? The 3 forma challenge is really that huge of a problem? One task from the other 20 tasks in a game mode. Mean while there are much bigger problems with the game but of course you're just sitting here whining because you don't want to do that 1 task.

Truly a huge game breaking issue. I don't even know how you can play this game with such a huge glaring problem like this.

Not at all what I was saying, buddy. It's your dismissive attitude towards complaints in general. A certain percentage are always going to be whiny noise, but if you use that as an excuse to spew out the same old "don't like don't play" you're worse than they are.

IMO it's not a big deal. As soon as I saw it I slapped forma on a couple guns I might want to bother fitting out properly someday. That doesn't mean I'm going to come to the forums and go all REEEE NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME = NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL DON'T LIKE DON'T PLAY.

Formas take 24 hours to build, don't they? You should be able to craft and apply 3 in a week. Even better, the catch-up system gives you the entire duration of Season 2 to complete any weekly. That means you have a little over two months to use 3 forma. Who the heck doesn't use 3 forma in two months?

I'm not going to bother arguing against the "but what about new players" shtick, since others have already done that. New Tenno have higher priorities than doing Nightwave. If Nightwave was balanced for new players it would be a bore and not challenging at all.

This weekly act is a non-issue. If you're not willing to put forth the time and effort into Nightwave, you don't deserve the series finale rewards.

Edited by Jackal_Off
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

REEEE NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME = NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL DON'T LIKE DON'T PLAY.

This is all nice but the same applies to the other end. Just because it's a problem for some it's not a problem for everyone.

And surely most of the complaints are coming from "ENdGaMe" players. At least by far I only saw these so called "veterans" moan about how bad the 3 forma task is.

And as I said DE would have removed it already if they wanted it to. But it seems like they don't want that. So coming into General D to talk about this will not help at all.

10 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

This is all nice but the same applies to the other end. Just because it's a problem for some it's not a problem for everyone.

And surely most of the complaints are coming from "ENdGaMe" players. At least by far I only saw these so called "veterans" moan about how bad the 3 forma task is.

And as I said DE would have removed it already if they wanted it to. But it seems like they don't want that. So coming into General D to talk about this will not help at all.

Agreed. If someone can't use 3 forma in a week (or even in two months considering the catchup system), they're clearly not at endgame.

Edited by Jackal_Off
a word

16 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

Who the heck doesn't use 3 forma in two months?

This weekly act is a non-issue. If you're not willing to put forth the time and effort into Nightwave, you don't deserve the series finale rewards.

Who doesn't use 3 forma in two month? People who already got all the weapons, frames, companions they want at the level they want them to be!!

And again, the main problem for many, or at least me, is not that it's not doable or that I don'T have the forma, but that it is simply bad and lazy taskdesign.

Edited by Amunre81

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Don't Like it 👏

Don't do it 👏

You know, there is a certain gaming software house that used the "don't like it, don't buy it" referring to gamers who didn't like their attitude and looked like a very surprised pikachu when their stock actions plummeted.

A new game mode is supposed to attract players, not drive them away. If a good chunk of the players don't like it or see it as a liability to their entertainment it's fairly accurate to say the game mode missed the mark especially considering it was aimed at all the players but, apparently, only people who can invest most time and in game resources can get the best of. Not very user friendly. Doesn't seems that big of a progress compared to people not being able to get the reactor because they were not online at right moment.

I'm a "veteran" ( whatever it means) and I get significantly less potatoes now. Not that I care as I have almost 30 blue ones and almost half as many gold ones but can't help but feel the previous system was more "instant reward" compared to the "better reward but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more time and effort required". Ahh, but if I don't like it I guess I can take a break from warframe (again)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

Who doesn't use 3 forma in two month? People who already got all the weapons, frames, companions they want at the level they want them to be!!

And again, the main problem for many, or at least me, is not that it's not doable or that I don'T have the forma, but that it is simply bad and lazy taskdesign.

Nightwave is not going to be balanced for players who are at max MR and have nothing to do, nor is it going to be balanced for new players. It's balanced for the vast majority of players. and -- spoiler alert -- they fall under neither category.

Edited by Jackal_Off

Just now, Jackal_Off said:

Nightwave is not going to be balanced for players who are at max MR and have nothing to do, nor is it going to be balanced for new players. It's balanced for the vast majority of players. and -- spoiler alert -- they fall under neither category.

You can't state it as a fact that majority of players use Formas that regularly for this to be "natural". Odds are, there are more people will only use Forma on the weapons they like during the first few weeks of its release than the people who have more than 10 weapons in their Arsenal waiting for a Forma over the span of a few months.

1 minute ago, Jackal_Off said:

You are still not getting it, are you? This has nothing to do with balancing or being max MR (for example I'm just mr19 after about 5 years). Task should want people to play the game more. Using 3 formas on weapons, frames, etc. I don't us or like or both is just, say it with me, BAD AND LAZY TASKDESIGN.

3 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

You are still not getting it, are you? This has nothing to do with balancing or being max MR (for example I'm just mr19 after about 5 years). Task should want people to play the game more. Using 3 formas on weapons, frames, etc. I don't us or like or both is just, say it with me, BAD AND LAZY TASKDESIGN.

If people want to be encouraged to play the game, then after formaing their weapon/frame they will proceed to level it up. That's playing the game.

I would like to hear what new players themselves think about this challenge.

I did try to ask around in Alliance, but the lowest rank was 8. Is it new this days? Anyway, they were farming new relics, opening them and exchanging new Primes for pretty impressive amounts of platinum. I think they will be able to afford a Forma bundle and slots, if they will want to.

As for veterans... None complained much. I personally do recall one week of this challenge then I was looking at my arsenal and thinking: “What Forma would not be wasted on?” One. Time. As for this week? Are you serious? Monkey-boy is out, he has an exalted weapon (in addition to Ninkondi and Zhuge).

I can understand this “if you will not do it now, you will miss it forever” feeling. But... we do have catch up mechanic and we do not need to complete every challenge. Does one incomplete challenge or two affect anyone that much?

Edit: one vet had everything he wanted to Forma (even MK-1 weapons for kicks and giggles), I think he skipped a couple of challenges that needed Forma. He got beyond Rank 30 of 1 Season without going out of his way.

Edited by rand0mname

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Jeez, if this is the reaction to something as simple as using 3 forma over a 10ish week period just wait until things like kill the profit taker, do a tri cap, 30 min kuva survival come up.   

At least you don't have to spend 3 forma. Not that it is hard, just leveling the stuff back to 30 is annoying.

Profit Taker is not too hard if you know what you are doing.

1x Tricap in 50 mins is not hard with a squad

30 mins Kuva Surv is easy come on.