Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Forma Challenge is just annoying

-Vahagn-

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

At least you don't have to spend 3 forma. Not that it is hard, just leveling the stuff back to 30 is annoying.

Profit Taker is not too hard if you know what you are doing.

1x Tricap in 50 mins is not hard with a squad

30 mins Kuva Surv is easy come on.

You forget the time gating involved though, ranking up syndicates, crafting an amp, completing quests that has to be done first though.  Not new player friendly waaaah. 

Yep, 30 min kuva survival is easy.  So is using 3 forma over 10-12 weeks.  

For vets who are too butt hurt to spend a tiny amount of their vast resource stocks, just wait until one of the new frames come out which is bound to happen soon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

If people want to be encouraged to play the game, then after formaing their weapon/frame they will proceed to level it up. That's playing the game.

But why would i want to level up a weapon I don't like?!

I started as a new player after Nightwave Series 1 started.  Even though I wasn't able to complete all the tasks, I was still able to do enough to get my rank up before it ended.

There is more than enough points to allow everyone to hit max rank with Nightwave without doing every last task. Knowing that fact, this only becomes a problem for obsessive completionists.

8 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

It sounds fine on paper, but the challenge has many problems that just make it annoying and tedious.

In my personal opinion, this one of the worst nightwave challenges, both for high and low MR.

It's annoying in that I forma the daylights out of stuff as a matter of course. If you want to see what it can do, you're going to have to put forma in it.

Now...we have this challenge appearing from time to time. Essentially, I now have to leave some weapons and/or warframes "unfinished" just to do this challenge. Not a huge deal, but it is rather annoying. Fortunately, I had a couple of warfames scheduled for aura forma, so one got what I've been putting off for some time. The other is on 'for later,' when this inevitably crops up again. 

As for worst, no, not hardly. Actually, it's about par for the course. There are some challenges in NW I'm just not going to do and some that run up against scheduling issues (they're actually competing with another game with timed challenges of its own...time, time, ask for anything but time...). It's pretty much more of the same as last time. Some improvements, but...it's still doing chores and I still have mixed feelings about it. 

• Like 1

I don't like the challenge, never did and made it clear from day 1. Also for the same reasons as many here.

But knowing I do pretty much all other challenges apart from the forma and gilding one (unless DE actually releases gear to forma/gild), I think I'm pretty much safe to reach R30 and several prestige ranks. So kinda yeah, I don't like the challenge at all since it depends on gear availability to me as a veteran. But I don't necessarily have to like it either since I can just ignore it. This was a bigger issue during intermission since the completion percentages were more unclear, but not during an actual season where we already know about the 60%.

The catch-up mechanic also pretty much nullifies any complaint I had on it, since I can do every challenge. It's all a matter of going back on those I ignored if actually needed.

And no, there's not always something to forma (I see this floating around pretty often in these threads). Some of us have been here long enough to min-max every single gear item on our inventories (Yes. Including AW, Kubrows, K-Drive, etc.), and anything not in them has already been deemed "unworthy" until rework/buff. Not that this means the forma gear really shouldn't exist, but it's not untrue either.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

6 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Isn't the 12 year old mentality to have everything be changed in their own way for as little effort as possible, rather than using logic to determine whether something should or shouldn't be done?

I don't like the fishing/mining 'challenges', especially how frequently they appear due to alternating between PoE and Orb, but I just didn't do them if I didn't feel like doing them.

I was talking about because of the emoji's. It's always stuck out as childish thing to use whenever you are trying to prove a point. In causal conversations then it's all fine, but when people think using them actually emphasizes their point, it just shows how immature they are. Didnt really give 2 S#&$s about what he actually said.

I don't have any problem with acquiring forma, but I too dislike that challenge. Sometimes it prods me into getting around to forma-ing something, but often it is an 'ugh, where won't this be wasted?' thing

Proposals: 

1) Turn the forma challenge into a polarized challenge. Make trash zaws/amps/kitguns and go. 

2) make the challenge only occur early in night wave so it doesn't get in the way of 'back tracking' to finish ranking up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jackal_Off said:

Formas take 24 hours to build, don't they? You should be able to craft and apply 3 in a week. Even better, the catch-up system gives you the entire duration of Season 2 to complete any weekly. That means you have a little over two months to use 3 forma. Who the heck doesn't use 3 forma in two months?

I'm not going to bother arguing against the "but what about new players" shtick, since others have already done that. New Tenno have higher priorities than doing Nightwave. If Nightwave was balanced for new players it would be a bore and not challenging at all.

This weekly act is a non-issue. If you're not willing to put forth the time and effort into Nightwave, you don't deserve the series finale rewards.

The catch up system does NOT work, you have to be able to complete all the weeklys in a week to get access to it. 

If you cant do 3 forma, you are NEVER going to  be able to access the catchup.

3 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

The catch up system does NOT work, you have to be able to complete all the weeklys in a week to get access to it. 

If you cant do 3 forma, you are NEVER going to  be able to access the catchup.

So wait a week and complete all of those ones?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

So wait a week and complete all of those ones?

Have you seen the elite challenges? Newer players and even players in the mid game arent going to be able to do those.