Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an LGBT Glyph in the game

(PSN)Dakkaii

From the last time this kind of thread was raised;

Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, cosmetics should be what they are - cosmetics. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation. If we start with one, it's just going to lead down a very slippery slope of "they got it, why can't I?". 

• Like 9

Not sure what benefit one would achieve by advertising their sexuality in a video game. 

If it's absolutely necessary then I want one for heteros. Yknow just to balance things out and be INCLUSIVE.

Getting tired of the incessant and aggressive push to normalize homosexuality. It might be working in echo chambers like California, new York or the internet. But the rest of the world is like....wait. how did this happen? I'm pretty sure science and biology is still leaning towards mental disorders....

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I understand the intention is great, but I don't think we need a cosmetic for it. These threads have been made in the past, and I think it's better to remain apolitical on these sorts of things.

I didn’t think lgbt was political 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davej83 said:

people are just tired to be forced of this kind of thing..

How is it forced? God I didn’t think it would be such a controversial topic why are people conflating LGBT with politics? I was just asking for a rainbow glyph sorry, geez

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

From the last time this kind of thread was raised;

Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, cosmetics should be what they are - cosmetics. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation. If we start with one, it's just going to lead down a very slippery slope of "they got it, why can't I?". 

I second this, as an LGBT person.

As for my own statement I will just say that I believe that the ultimate goal of any LGBT or minority is to be completely included and respected. This goal, when achieved, means that there isn't any group's representation or difference in treatment. There's just the whole. No one is better than anyone, no one stands out for the better or worse. Everyone is just "normal". And I think this is mostly the case in Warframe, as I barely see any minority and politics mentions apart from harmless and obvious jokes.

Minority representation is needed where they are discriminated against. I do not recognize Warframe as one such place.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 8

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I didn’t think lgbt was political 

I don't like to think of it as a political group, but it a social movement. Regardless of my own personal views, I think it is best for Warframe to keep real-life groups, whether social or political, out of the game. I think it is great that companies have shown support, like you mentioned with Sony, but these companies are embedded in the real world. Warframe is a fictional game that doesn't have ties to real-world conflict, politics, or social groups. DE does, however, sponsor fundraising events to provide money for real-world issues.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 1

So then they should add a heterosexual glyph as well. They should add a cis-gender glyph as well. They should add race-based glyphs as well, especially for black people like me. They should add religious glyphs and an atheist glyph as well. They should then add country-specific glyphs as well.

Or, maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't be adding glyphs or any content based on identity and demographics. Novel thought, right?

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 2

hace 8 minutos, IntheCoconut dijo:

I don't like to think of it as a political group, but it a social movement. Regardless of my own personal views, I think it is best for Warframe to keep real-life groups, whether social or political, out of the game. I think it is great that companies have shown support, like you mentioned with Sony, but these companies are embedded in the real world. Warframe is a fictional game that doesn't have ties to real-world conflict, politics, or social groups. DE does, however, sponsor fund-raising events to provide money for real-world issues.

It is political because if finace by them..  any option to " colour " your glyph will be nice more fashion 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I second this, as an LGBT person.

As for my own statement I will just say that I believe that the ultimate goal of any LGBT or minority is to be completely included and respected. This goal, when achieved, means that there isn't any group's representation or difference in treatment. There's just the whole. No one is better than anyone, no one stands out for the better or worse. Everyone is just "normal". And I think this is mostly the case in Warframe, as I barely see any minority and politics mentions apart from harmless and obvious jokes.

Minority representation is needed where they are discriminated against. I do not recognize Warframe as one such place.

I do not care that much about LGBT representation in warframe I just wanted a rainbow glyph because it matches my psn profile pic I don’t have an issue with representation I just thought it was cool. 

This is my first time posting of the forums I didn’t think this was controversial or people would be so hostile(not you)

• Like 1

And get their game banned (or at least censored) in certain countries?

Edited by Guest