Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an LGBT Glyph in the game

(PSN)Dakkaii

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I just thought it would be cool and I would love one. Anyways love the game can’t wait for Railjack

You're asking in the wrong place...

See if you can figure out where you should have put this post...

Come on...I know you can do it...I believe in you...

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

From the last time this kind of thread was raised;

Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, cosmetics should be what they are - cosmetics. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation. If we start with one, it's just going to lead down a very slippery slope of "they got it, why can't I?". 

Children forced by the government to use super natural powers in order for that government to gain an upper hand in a war caused by mass exploitation of artificial life forms, race of clones used by that same government to do forced labor, later turned into a tyrannical, warmongering regime, hyper-capitalism leading to the creation of a profit worshipping theocracy: "This is fine"

A colorful flag: "Too much politics"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Children forced by the government to use super natural powers in order for that government to gain an upper hand in a war caused by mass exploitation of artificial life forms, race of clones used by that same government to do forced labor, later turned into a tyrannical, warmongering regime, hyper-capitalism leading to the creation of a profit worshipping theocracy: "This is fine"

A colorful flag: "Too much politics"

One is a game based on complete fiction.

The other is reality.

See if you can figure out why it might be an issue they'd rather avoid. 

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, Kisette said:

I'm sorry, but exactly how is any of this controversial? This isn't political, nor is it a statement, and even if it was, representation/visibility/whatever shouldn't be controversial in even the slightest. I don't care, personally, since I like my current butterfly glyph. But I have to say, some of these arguments are really bad faith and biased. Don't just have a knee jerk reaction. If you don't want to use it, then don't. If a rainbow or any other queer symbols offend you, that's probably not intended and really just your own problem that you should work out in private instead of turning it into a "political" debate. There's nothing to debate, seriously, move along.

(And I'm sorry for the bad first experience on the forums, OP)

Oh, please. If someone came on here asking for a glyph that represented white people or black people, or Christians, or Muslims, or cis-gendered people, or Americans, I doubt you'd be saying the same thing. If glyphs like that offend anyone, then I guess it's just their own problem, right? See, that's the thing about identity. Identity is anything you identify with/by. You wouldn't say that people should be offended by LGBT representation, but I'd bet that you would say others are right to be offended by religion or nationality or even race (in the case of white people). That's why it's better not to put special emphasis on identity, especially in video games where it has no bearing.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 1

Personally, it doesnt matter who or what you are, just aid in completing the objective and you're gold in my book.

My clan leader runs an Equinox done up in Trans-Pride colors, he identifies as such and enjoys Equinox for that fact. Yes, her theme is Yin and Yang, but I'm not going to tell another player they're wrong if they say she is a trans frame. It's a game, enjoy it how you like. We're all here to play, enjoy, and for a moment, escape.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

Not sure what benefit one would achieve by advertising their sexuality in a video game. 

If it's absolutely necessary then I want one for heteros. Yknow just to balance things out and be INCLUSIVE.

Getting tired of the incessant and aggressive push to normalize homosexuality. It might be working in echo chambers like California, new York or the internet. But the rest of the world is like....wait. how did this happen? I'm pretty sure science and biology is still leaning towards mental disorders....

omg, thank you. this ^ 

can i get a jewish one with the israelli flag on it too to represent my nationality? well im actually brazilian but i grew up in israel, so i get a glyph half brazilian and half jewish? hue 

3 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

Personally, it doesnt matter who or what you are, just aid in completing the objective and you're gold in my book.

My clan leader runs an Equinox done up in Trans-Pride colors, he identifies as such and enjoys Equinox for that fact. Yes, her theme is Yin and Yang, but I'm not going to tell another player they're wrong if they say she is a trans frame. It's a game, enjoy it how you like. We're all here to play, enjoy, and for a moment, escape.

Its a political thing and no one wants a belief force feed to them by a platform they like using. I have no problems with gay sh!t and like you said "We're all here to play, enjoy, and for a moment, escape." so with that sentiment dont you agree that its wrong to bring political opinions and signals into our escape from it all?

• Like 3

You can ask literally for anything else to be added into the game and you ask for some glyph ? Why ? Does some rainbowy glyph in game make your day better ? Is that how you need to remind yourself that you are special or something ? Why ? You yourself know who you are, and it is you who should be proud of that, why do you need some random game to remaind you of that ? 

I bet there is a lot of kids whos  parents serve in the army while they play, so why not add some glyph to make their day better, to know their parent love them you know.

Edited by Swagernator22663
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

You're thinking of @DoctorRegulus.

You're right. As I was in the wrong I must make public apologies to Dakkaii for thinking wrong of him/her as that was uncalled for.

Nothing against the user but I still stand by the gist of my previous statement. Identity movements should not be recognized nor celebrated in any way or form inside a videogame as they make way too much of a dangerous slope regardless of how righteous they are. Please carry on without me

Honestly I find this thread to be a lot more stupid than expected... Warframe is like up there in term of political content to begin with,  do you even play this game? if a group want a representative glyph and it leads to other minorities to ask for their own glyph I... don't see how that impact anyone. Overwatch has flagged icons and no one cares, it's just there as an option, free content. Also what the #*!% is wrong with you people, Science doesn't lean toward homosexuality being a mental disorder, who the #*!% teach people this non sense.

Edited by Shelusine
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

Its a political thing and no one wants a belief force feed to them by a platform they like using. I have no problems with gay sh!t and like you said "We're all here to play, enjoy, and for a moment, escape." so with that sentiment dont you agree that its wrong to bring political opinions and signals into our escape from it all?

It's not political though, it's always been a matter of social acceptance, perceived morality, and personal beliefs extruded from religious teachings and practices. It's only in politics because both sides are so stubborn and hard headed.

• Like 2

Just now, Dragmod said:

It's not political though, it's always been a matter of social acceptance, perceived morality, and personal beliefs extruded from religious teachings and practices. It's only in politics because both sides are so stubborn and hard headed.

The LGBT community is a political group and they advertise themselves as such.

• Like 5

Oh Shi.. here we go again.

In all seriousness though this has no place in Warframe. Get your politics out of this masterpiece of a game.

EDIT: Petition to close this thread. It's getting out of hand with the arguments between people.

Edited by Zelorath
  • Like 7

Guess while we're playing it safe to avoid offending parties, I propose the special Holiday items be removed from the game. They are in association with beliefs and practices that some may or may not be offended by.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

How is it forced? God I didn’t think it would be such a controversial topic why are people conflating LGBT with politics? I was just asking for a rainbow glyph sorry, geez

Then why even mention LGBT or emphasis a statement by saying "God"? Asking for a rainbow lotus glyph would have been a much better topic.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

Honestly I find this thread to be a lot more stupid than expected... Warframe is like up there in term of political content to begin with,  do you even play this game? if a group want a representative glyph and it leads to other minorities to ask for their own glyph I... don't see how that impact anyone. Overwatch has flagged icons and no one cares, it's just there as an option, free content. Also what the #*!% is wrong with you people, Science doesn't lean toward homosexuality being a mental disorder, who the #*!% teach people this non sense.

Because everyone will want one for themselves and some will upset certain groups. Agree with it, and you upset one group. Disagree with it and people are annoyed that you're giving special attention to certain groups as opposed to treating all your players as equal customers. It's like jumping into a bar brawl between two drunkards, there's nothing for you to win and there's plenty for you to lose.

And no, Warframe not political. Writing your own fictional story with fictional groups of fictional beliefs is not a political stance. It would be a very different case if they came out and said that the factions is their stance on how they view that respective ideology in reality but so far, that hasn't happened.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

Guess while we're playing it safe to avoid offending parties, I propose the special Holiday items be removed from the game. They are in association with beliefs and practices that some may or may not be offended by.

At the end of the day this is DE's game and its up to them to decide what is appropriate content for the game and what isn't...just like the forums are policed by mods to ensure their standards are adhered to.

Some folks don't like that either, but they are the conditions we all must abide by. 

People jumping up and down, stamping their feet and shouting, "Its not fair...they have it in [insert game here]" isn't going to change anything.

• Like 2