Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2nd Umbra Forma Plans

From the moment Season 1 started, I knew 100% I wanted to put that Umbra Forma on my Eidolon-hunting Trinity. One of the best decisions I've made.

As for this second one... ...I have no bloody clue. Leaning towards my Saryn, but my Equinox, Nova, Chroma, Khora and even Ember have also been floated as possibilities. I'd say at the moment it's 45% Saryn, and 11% each for the rest.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Holding on to it right now. Because it's not something we're going to get 10 of in 2 days like you could in 2 hours doing fissures for regular forma, I gotta pick what I use it on.

I got plenty of builds that use Umbral mods, but they are already setup and they don't need it. It has to be the right frame. Honestly, thinking of Mirage though.

For me, you need 3 formas on a frame to have an optimal build and use of this (if you just want more strength you don't really need all mods & formas, I'm sure that would be a waste). Also the warframe you choose must get advantage of all three stats provided by umbral mods. So you will need to find a warframe that scales with power strength (for this one we can say every warframe), health (must be a warframe that doesn't usually get oneshoted because that won't be enough to make a difference) also the chosen warframe must have a use of a better amount of armor and so have some base armor and maybe some abilities that can have a use for it.

So in my opinion the warframe that will gain the most would be : Chroma since he is used to tank with huge buffs scaling well with his health, armor and a lot with strength. In short he with his base stats & buffs combined he will gain the most compared to other warframes.

Then I could say Inaros would have a use for these three stats but he is already too tanky for that to be relevant and don't really need additional strength.

Then you have Wukong and Atlas (when get primed) which are two warframes that could be even tankier and pleasant to play with.

Personnaly, I first thought I would put it on Chroma first but since his rework, I'm enjoying more and more playing Wukong even if he will gain less than Chroma with it that maybe could be my final choice. Anyway, if DE makes umbra formas a bit less rare, next warframes I would forma with will surely be Chroma and Atlas.

8 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

For me, you need 3 formas on a frame to have an optimal build and use of this (if you just want more strength you don't really need all mods & formas, I'm sure that would be a waste). Also the warframe you choose must get advantage of all three stats provided by umbral mods. So you will need to find a warframe that scales with power strength (for this one we can say every warframe), health (must be a warframe that doesn't usually get oneshoted because that won't be enough to make a difference) also the chosen warframe must have a use of a better amount of armor and so have some base armor and maybe some abilities that can have a use for it.

So in my opinion the warframe that will gain the most would be : Chroma since he is used to tank with huge buffs scaling well with his health, armor and a lot with strength. In short he with his base stats & buffs combined he will gain the most compared to other warframes.

Then I could say Inaros would have a use for these three stats but he is already too tanky for that to be relevant and don't really need additional strength.

Then you have Wukong and Atlas (when get primed) which are two warframes that could be even tankier and pleasant to play with.

Personnaly, I first thought I would put it on Chroma first but since his rework, I'm enjoying more and more playing Wukong even if he will gain less than Chroma with it that maybe could be my final choice. Anyway, if DE makes umbra formas a bit less rare, next warframes I would forma with will surely be Chroma and Atlas.

Seems pretty reasonable, I would choose Oberon by that logic personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

You got any plans what you gonna do with that second Umbra Forma? Save it? Double them up on a single frame? Pop it on a new frame? 

I'm thinking I'll save mine, for when a frame comes out that I like. Maybe Grendel, if they sync good and I like the abilities 

These things are for the New War methinks.

I’m saving mine for Volt Umbra, long-shot, though, that may be.

13 hours ago, Rathalio said:

Yep, this is the logical way about it.

Don't really get why people want to put it on frames that have no armor and health, or would not benefit much from a tiny bit of extra power str.

Or on non-primed frames. That's a facepalm.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
  • Like 1

I am working my way down from the frames that use all 3 umbral mods based on usage (ie oberon is the one i use the most so it was the first) and I'm slowly working to get them set up so I'm not forced to run Steel Charge and or forego the exilus slot anymore, and eventually to the point I'll be able to slot all three mods maxed since currently i only maxed Intensify for capacity reasons. 

Basically the objective is to lift some restrictions from the umbral builds i have. Some frames where i use all 3 have 5 polarised slots plus SC plus no exilus and i wanna slowly change that. 

Also I'm ignoring the frames currently not yet primed for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Autongnosis

Still got my first one and most likely won't use either until the new war drops, we start fighting sentients, and the set bonuses will be important.  Until we get that I don't know what frame will be the best choice for that content.

Also, the umbral builds I have already, even if I have to forego an exilus mod and run steel charge, are plenty powerful enough without risking an extremely rare resource that may end up being better suited to another frame.