Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2nd Umbra Forma Plans

I put my first on Saryn prime. Having all 3 umbral mods maxed on her is nice. 

The second it depends. I'm fairly certain I'll put it on Nova prime, because she's my favorite frame. Maybe Khora if I feel I'll use her enough. 

18 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

You got any plans what you gonna do with that second Umbra Forma? Save it? Double them up on a single frame? Pop it on a new frame? 

I'm thinking I'll save mine, for when a frame comes out that I like. Maybe Grendel, if they sync good and I like the abilities 

Still in the saving stage. 

I have to sit down and actually look at the warframes that are presently using umbral builds. How many need more mod energy to max my last umbral mod (2 at 10/10, one at 9/10)? That's what will determine where they'll go. Once that last umbral mod is maxed, there's no going back for a couple of warframes. They'll need UF to maintain that build. 

I think the sticking points were ValkyrP and Octavia--who is problematic since a prime is in the not too distant future. We'll see. They aren't going anywhere and I'll only get more in the meantime. 

I still have my first one, because there was only one, it was mostly a collectibles. Now there is a second, its time to put em into good use. 
I wont put them on non primes thats for sure. 
Right now, my mesa can use one but she is fine without it. I dont play Chroma and Oberon. Actually I have no idea what to do with uformas!

My first thought was to spend my first Umbral Forma on Nidus. Then decided it was not going to happen because Nidus Prime will eventually be a thing. Then I thought about using it on Saryn Prime but, couldn't think of any content that I struggled with while using her the way I have her set up now. Wukong Prime was also a thought as I am rather enjoying playing him at the moment but, all it would really allow me to do is put a Exilus mod a on him and those aren't the strongest mods to begin with. Although I would really like to through a sprint speed mod up there. So I'm probably just going to hold on to both of them and take my time deciding. Hopefully by then they will be more readily available and it will lighten up my decision. 

Oberon Prime, like the first.  Barring the inevitable Inaros Prime/Nidus Prime down the road, seems like the only frame worth putting two Umbra Formas (to use all three mods) in for build flexibility.

I originally wanted to hold them as long as possible.  Once I heard that support was denying requests for accidental use of Umbra Forma (scarily easy to do), I spent it ASAP out of fear.

Edited by (NSW)Linntheque

I'm going to hold off until I see what happens with the Vauban rework, which should be interesting.

I put my first on Valkyr, so next one will definitely be for a cc/support frame. Oberon is the strongest option right now though, which would be well deserved. 

Edited by SirTobe

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎09 at 11:58 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

These things are for the New War methinks.

I’m saving mine for Volt Umbra, long-shot, though, that may be.

I can't tell if you're joking or totally ignoring that if Volt Umbra does come, he'll have umbral polarities?

So far I've planned this one for Valkyr, because its my only build that would actually see some change other than a maxed eximus.

Edited by Ver1dian

Used my first on my second Frost prime, which worked out really well as he benefits from armor and strength. 

Trying to decide whether I want to use it a second time on him or consider Oberon.

Heck, even considering mag just for more fun as she's one of my secret pleasures... but don't see many recommended builds for her with umbra. 

4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I can't tell if you're joking or totally ignoring that if Volt Umbra does come, he'll have umbral polarities?

So far I've planned this one for Valkyr, because its my only build that would actually see some change other than a maxed eximus.

With the way DE works it’s only a joke until DE releases 2 or 3 or 4 MORE “Sentient/Sacrificial” versions of the tent pole mods at 16 points per...(Sacrificial Streamline, Sacrificial Continuity, Sacrificial Flow, Sacrificial Stretch...etc).

And I fully expect that you are going to need to stack these “Tau Resist/Tau Sentient-Bane” type mods to survive and beat Sentients.

It adds end-game content and it drives the looter-shooter business model.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Umbra formas are completely optional on every build on every frame so....I used the first one on my nidus because I just got the tennogen skin and was using it at the moment, probably will use the next one on wukong p since it's the one I'm playing right now...or who knows