Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2nd Umbra Forma Plans

On 2019-07-10 at 5:28 PM, LarryYourWaiter said:

Getting the second umbra Forma will allow me to use the one I already have.  So I always have a spare just in case.

wukong prime is cooking right now and I’m pretty sure it’ll be going to him.

Quoting myself here.

took wukong for a spin last night and he is DEFINITELY getting the umbra Forma.  My new favourite frame!  Thanks, DE!

My first went into my Chroma P. But I do not see the need for another with my build. I use adaptation over Umbral Fiber, as the power str boost to Umbral Intensify from 2/3 Umbral mods to 3/3 Umbral mods is only 10% (tested on Umbra Excal) The overall survivability of Adaptation trumps the survivability that Umbral Fiber affords, and isn't worth droppiing for a 10% boost to power str, in my opinion.

SO, I have been seriously thinking about dropping my second Umbral forma into a frame that gets some use out of more armor, Frost P. Frost can use all three of the Umbral mods for his high HP bubble build (power str/armor). He is my number one pick as he is one of my more used frames for stuff. But I think once I go down the road to adding Umbral formas to him, I won't be able to have his other builds available to use, namely his high range/duration build which I break out every now and then to have fun. The polarities would clash too much and make it impossible to have both builds on one frame. *shrugs* But those are the sacrifices we have to make as players sometimes.

• Chroma
  • Valk
  • Oberon
  • Saryn (she gets 1337 life lol)
  • Nidus (but his prime will come out... some day...)
  • Atlas
  • Inaros
  • anyone with high armor

Valk has THE most (base) armor, and would be amazing. Oberon is a solid choice as well.

I used mine on Saryn and have 0 regrets. This one? Not sure. Really enjoying monkey man soooo

Wukong. All my other Umbral builds work quite nicely but I can't fit all of them on my Wukong just yet.

I would use it on Nidus if he had a prime but that's what'll happen with number 5 or whenever his prime comes out.

Edited by iLightning13

I used my first Umbra Forma on Chroma Prime. 

The second is definitely going to be used on Wukong Prime. 

2 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

Wukong. All my other Umbral builds work quite nicely but I can't fit all of them on my Wukong just yet.

I would use it on Nidus if he had a prime but that's what'll happen with number 5 or whenever his prime comes out.

Gonna be a while before we get a Nidus Prime (or Umbra?). We already know Atlas is after Wukong. Then if we factor in the release pattern (two female, two male) It'll be Ivara/Titania, Nezha/Inaros, Octavia/Gara then Nidus/Harrow. Not necessarily in that order.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

On 2019-07-09 at 3:57 PM, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

You got any plans what you gonna do with that second Umbra Forma? Save it? Double them up on a single frame? Pop it on a new frame? 

I'm thinking I'll save mine, for when a frame comes out that I like. Maybe Grendel, if they sync good and I like the abilities 

The first UF went into my Khora. Her three synergies are maddening as is, but using all three UMs makes her and Venari practically invincible.

With my second, it's a toss-up between Wisp and Wukong. Wukong is fun, but Wisp is a monster at defending/holding points. 

Edited by GrazedZero

Sitting on them until I see what new Umbra Mods come out.  My main is Excal Umbra anyway so if I use them, it's probably going to be in a weapon.  Honestly though, my current Umbra Mods already fit into any weapon using enough regular Forma.  

4 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Gonna be a while before we get a Nidus Prime (or Umbra?). We already know Atlas is after Wukong. Then if we factor in the release pattern (two female, two male) It'll be Ivara/Titania, Nezha/Inaros, Octavia/Gara then Nidus/Harrow. Not necessarily in that order.

Yeah I know. The estimated date is halfway through 2021. Regardless, my favourite frame to play in endurance is Oberon Prime which I've already put an Umbra Forma on, so I'm in no rush to get a full umbra build for other frames.

On 2019-07-10 at 11:25 AM, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Yep, this is the logical way about it.

Don't really get why people want to put it on frames that have no armor and health, or would not benefit much from a tiny bit of extra power str.

Or on non-primed frames. That's a facepalm.

Well maybe not everyone is a veteran or have the plat to buy their favorite prime frame. Also, it will be like 2 years untill wisp prime gets released (unless they pull a nova) so i wont save my umbra for 2 years in order to put it on my favorite frames prime version

I still can't decide.

My Valkyr Prime would benefit, but so would my Chroma, Oberon or Rhino Prime.

I would love to use them on my Inaro's, Nidus and some others. But most of them will be getting Prime versions in the future. I need way more Umbra forma's really.

I said I would put my first umbra for a on Oberon but I still didn't... I just wanted to wait and see if umbra formas were a constant thing of Nightwaves.

But now that Wukong has been reworked I'm having so much fun that I want to slap one on him, but now I'm torn... Oberon or Wukong?

An umbra for a is what it takes me to complete that Oberon build but I'm having so much fun with Wukong that I don't know if I can wait all these weeks to get the second forma...

To answer the question though: Oberonand Wukong. 

• Like 1