Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

void demon redesign

The small child the randomly appears in your orbiter that just says hey kiddo and disappears is very boring to say the least.  I mean it would be real interesting if you actually made the thing look like an actually demon from the void and change how it moves about your orbiter depending on your current location in it.  Like say if you was approaching your arsenal you would happen to see something jolt from your personal quarters towards the other side or something like that to make the void demon seem more menacing.  I mean really a small child doing a handstand while saying hey kiddo is laughable really but this is all just for to spice things up a little.  Really just make it whenever the occurrence happens the lights in orbiter cut off for a sec and while the lights are out the words rap tap tap appear on the walls in big red letters and the demon appears at a distance doing something like peeking around a corner.

funny how many ppl took this post seriously like geez just lighten up a bit

Edited by (PS4)FoxtrotGeneral9
lol

What is more creepy? A inhuman mostrosity that is running around or an inhuman mostrosity that can take your form at will?

Also, Wally not a Void Demon, everything points to it being the Void itself. So it never would have a physical form that it could say "this is the true me", since the very space we fly during Void Missions and travel through in Translations IS his true form.

personally I find wally very, very creepy. Especially when he peers from behind wall and says his line. I get chills every time. Last time he showed up I said: "Nope, screw you, who do you think you are being so creepy like that you creepy-creep-creeperson? Nope, Nope. NOPE! You are so freaking creepy, you know that? You know you can talk to me without being a big old creepy-creepo, don't you?"

my wife thought I was yelling at one of our cats, lol. 

Edited by (NSW)Badger

OP seems to have missed the point by a by about a mile. If you don't find the idea of a malevolence that lives in your head and wears your skin frightening then you didn't think too hard about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

personally I find wally very, very creepy. Especially when he peers from behind wall and says his line. I get chills every time. Last time he showed up I said: "Nope, screw you, who do you think you are being so creepy like that you creepy-creep-creeperson? Nope, Nope. NOPE! You are so freaking creepy, you know that? You know you can talk to me without being a big old creepy-creepo, don't you?"

my wife thought I was yelling at one of our cats, lol. 

My advice: Do not under any circumstances open the Harrow ability screen while your wife is around.

Ask any horror fan and they'll say that the scariest monster you can make is the one who you never see. The Man in the Wall takes your shape - we don't know what his face is, if he even has one. 

He's not here for cheap scares, nor is he here to kill us. He's just watching. Always watching.

• Like 2

I'm not one to jump at jump scares, and it takes quite a bit to freak me out. But the man in the wall has managed to get me several times. Even after all this time, even after seeing it so many times, I still get startled by it. A couple weeks ago it showed up in a place I had never seen it in before, and got me good enough that I actually had to take a couple seconds to compose myself before moving on.

That's good monster design.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

My advice: Do not under any circumstances open the Harrow ability screen while your wife is around.

hmmm. I've been playing on silent recently (I listen to books and podcasts and such while playing) and I haven't come across this. Do you mean in the arsenal? Because that would be very interesting and I will have to check it out... regardless if the wife is around, lol. 

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Ask any horror fan and they'll say that the scariest monster you can make is the one who you never see. The Man in the Wall takes your shape - we don't know what his face is, if he even has one. 

He's not here for cheap scares, nor is he here to kill us. He's just watching. Always watching.

QYRUZ0R.png your welcome.

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

The point of the Man in the Wall is that... it's you. Or rather, your psychological shadow. It makes sense to look and talk similarly to you.

funny how ppl are still being serious about this despite it saying that its just a joke at the bottom of the post

like i made this post at like 4 in the morning bc i was bored