Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void T3 Defense Takes Too Long.

Felandi

Now, hear me out. I like the difficulty of the T3 defense, the enemies during the last 10 waves are a nice challenge and a change to the often easier nature of void missions.

The issue in this case lies in the amount of waves and the time you have to invest in the mission.

Tier 1: 10 waves

Tier 2: 15 Waves

Tier 3: 20 waves.

I see no reason at all to increase the amount of waves like this, as the challenge lies in the level of the enemies scaling with the waves, rather than the length of the mission.

Please just drop tier 2 and 3 down to 10 waves, but increase the starting level of the enemies. So that on the last few waves we are still fighting enemies over level 100.

Difficulty I can handle, but forcing me to invest my time in the first ten easy waves of enemies just feels boring and time-consuming.

Time is precious, Tenno.

Now, hear me out. I like the difficulty of the T3 defense, the enemies during the last 10 waves are a nice challenge and a change to the often easier nature of void missions.

The issue in this case lies in the amount of waves and the time you have to invest in the mission.

Tier 1: 10 waves

Tier 2: 15 Waves

Tier 3: 20 waves.

I see no reason at all to increase the amount of waves like this, as the challenge lies in the level of the enemies scaling with the waves, rather than the length of the mission.

Please just drop tier 2 and 3 down to 10 waves, but increase the starting level of the enemies. So that on the last few waves we are still fighting enemies over level 100.

Difficulty I can handle, but forcing me to invest my time in the first ten easy waves of enemies just feels boring and time-consuming.

Time is precious, Tenno.

Suggested before, but nothing happened sadly. Hope your feedback goes through though.

Edited by Jacate

I have to agree.

I have over 20 of these keys because clan members including myself just get burnt out after one, don't feel like talking and log off.

Also the rewards for such an endurance test feels lacking.

I agree, I do not avoid people in recruitment hosting tier 3 void because of difficulty, but because the long time I have to spend in the mission. You spend ten waves utterly bored, then you are already tired of being in the mission once the last ten challenging waves come about.

Just woke up so keeping this short but fully agree with OP's reasoning and possible solution.

Wanted to show some support.

It is appreciated. Posting, voicing your own opinion and showing how you react to the current state of things is how change happens. Especially when the desired change is simply something better that does not hurt others.

Definitely. I'm swimming in an ocean of Defense keys because I don't want to deal with the beginning waves, when I can get more done running regular missions.

Nice to see I am not alone in this perception, hopefully our voices are heard and I will have a reason to use my T3 defense keys. Using all I have would take me hours upon hours.

I support this idea.

Increase difficulty of the enemies instead of just extending the time required.

Maybe throw in a ton of those scorchers and a miniboss or two at the midpoint.  (on a Wave 10 tower defense, they would spawn at Wave 5)

Have a *tough* boss at the very end (with at least 2 'miniboss' minions) and a bunch of constantly-respawning lackies.  THAT would be insane and fun and hectic.

Bump up the droprates significantly if you're gonna do this :)

I support this idea.

Increase difficulty of the enemies instead of just extending the time required.

Maybe throw in a ton of those scorchers and a miniboss or two at the midpoint.  (on a Wave 10 tower defense, they would spawn at Wave 5)

Have a *tough* boss at the very end (with at least 2 'miniboss' minions) and a bunch of constantly-respawning lackies.  THAT would be insane and fun and hectic.

Bump up the droprates significantly if you're gonna do this :)

I like your enthusiasm, but the way you explain it it instead sounds lime a game mode differing from defense style.  At least we agree on the time investment. =)

I apologize for the undo double post, but I thought I should document the experience I just had in tier 3 defense.

I enter with a wonderful group of players, me as Nyx, a Nova, A Frost and Banshee. A joyous group that made for a very easy last 3 waves.

Now, doing this took just over half an hour of drudgery, then afterwards, due to the current 37.94% chance of a Forma on Tier tree, we got a forma out of it. Rather than the prime parts we all desire.

Sitting there for half an hour, slugging through those first ten waves for no reason, for just a forma. It hurts.

Please, just make it take less time. :(

+1

Anything I have to say would just be echoing what everyone else says. Granted, I have all the rewards T3 defense currently provides, but at the time I was actually physically exhausted after doing just 1. It's very draining, and takes a long time.

Eeyup. The length for T3 Defense is even more irritating when a crash or bug happens. About a half hour ago I was working on one, and with five waves left an enemy decided to glitch into the ground and I couldn't kill it. All that time wasted... Plus I get enormous lag the longer I play a Void defense as well, not sure why. Maybe reducing the waves would help out other people with that issue too.

Honestly I disagree with all of you.. T3 Defense takes Maybe 20 - 25 minutes on average?

Not really that big of a deal in my honest opinion when almost every other mission type

can take anywhere between 2 and 8 minutes depending. When it comes to lag and glitches

I can't really comment since, in our clan anyway, we have the person with the best internet

host the game; nor have we encountered any bugs thus far.

If you have bad "Graphical" lag you can try activating that "Multi Threading Rendering."

It's worked wonders for me.

Edited by Comfy

Honestly I disagree with all of you.. T3 Defense takes Maybe 20 - 25 minutes on average?

Not really that big of a deal in my honest opinion when almost every other mission type

can take anywhere between 2 and 8 minutes depending. When it comes to lag and glitches

I can't really comment since, in our clan anyway, we have the person with the best internet

host the game; nor have we encountered any bugs thus far.

If you have bad "Graphical" lag you can try activating that "Multi Threading Rendering."

It's worked wonders for me.

Well, see it like this. If we were to assume that every wave of Void T3 defense takes 1 minute for every wave. (It takes more.) it would take 20 minutes

Per average, due to the spawn rate of enemies, the only wave that takes around a minute are perhaps the first three or so. After that the spawns are spread around, forcing you to either wait them out, or fight each wave at a time at the higher levels. So the time will be over a minute.

Then for each wave, you have a 15 second wait time untill this starts again. Discounting one for the first wave. So that would be 15 x 19 seconds, for 285 seconds. You have 4.75 minutes in wait time alone.

Assuming the last waves take at least one minute as well, which we know does not happen, that leaves the ultimate run at 24.75 minutes. Hence, expect a run over half an hour.

It is lovely to see that the opinion on this issue and a simple possible solution is this positive. I sent De_Steve a message and a link to this thread, so it will be seen eventually. So feel free to continue expressing your opinions on the matter. Even if you utterly disagree! =D