Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void T3 Defense Takes Too Long.

Felandi

I have to agree.

I have over 20 of these keys because clan members including myself just get burnt out after one, don't feel like talking and log off.

Also the rewards for such an endurance test feels lacking.

i feel this is exactly the same thing that happens for every group of Tenno. 

TIII Defenses are so pointlessly (and forcefully) long(as well as boring, most of the time), everyone gets burned out and just stops playing the game for that day. 

not a good business model. 

and as mentioned in the OP - the first 10 waves of enemies are basically a joke. the first 5 are absolutely a joke. the enemies are pitiful and worthless compared to what is to come. why have them at all? it just wastes time. 

edit: there's a big difference to when players CHOOSE to go the long 50+ waves in a Defense to have fun, and when they are forced to. when it's forced, it isn't fun.

Edited by taiiat

I did another last night, I slugged through with another good group, Vauban, Nyx, Frost and Saryn. It was an easy, if long-winded run at 38 minutes.

Reward? Another Forma blueprint.

If there is any mission where Forma hurts more than anything, it is almost forty minutes of Tier 3 defense.

Edited by Felandi

With yesterdays chat crash, at least I could not subject myself to a long T3 Defense run, but today goes again. Hoping for something other than a Forma.

I wonder how sick of this mission I will be when I finally get my Braton receiver and the two Fang blades I need.

I won't ever get fang prime because I refuse to do any more of these 20 wave marathon events to farm for blades. This mode and it's length makes me log off after it's over when I see another Forma BP. 30 is plenty for now, drop that chance to 15% instead of 37% and up the blade chance since you need 2.

Another T3 defense session, Nyx, Frost, Nova and Necro. Duration ended up at 38 long minutes, but this time the reward was a braton reciever. Finally making my Braton Prime a reality.

Now I just need two fang prime blades. *wince*

This is going to take a while, isn't it?

It can go by very fast if you have a Mag, Vauban and Nova. Have Mag sit on top of the pod and start pulling in enemies once they're close, then have Vauban use Vortex after Nova has used Molecular Prime.

I've had T3 Defense games go by as fast if not faster than T1 Defense from just doing that combination for every wave.

You don't even need a 4th frame, but if you find a 4th, make sure it's a Rhino and have him use Roar to further increase the damage dealt on top of Molecular Prime, Vortex and just shooting at the higher level heavies. You'll see those level 102 heavies hp just disappear in the blink of an eye with these 4 frames.

Edited by __Kanade__

I don't mind sitting 30-120min in a session, I just feel it's too repetive, it's always the same even with 5waves only it's still a hassle the enemies do the same over and over and over. doesn't matter if I have to do 5 or 50 waves it's tiring after the first wave already.

Sure lowering down the waves from 20 to 10 would be nice, but I think the whole concept should be looked at anyway

I don't mind sitting 30-120min in a session, I just feel it's too repetive, it's always the same even with 5waves only it's still a hassle the enemies do the same over and over and over. doesn't matter if I have to do 5 or 50 waves it's tiring after the first wave already.

Sure lowering down the waves from 20 to 10 would be nice, but I think the whole concept should be looked at anyway

Certainly, the repetitive factor is a key in the experience. Defense map are some of the few that are not procedural, nor are the enemy spawns that different. While in a different mission the direction you need to walk changes and the enemy locations always mix up.

At least we agree on that some kind of change is needed.

I completely agree with everyone. Nobody wants to grind out 30-45 minutes in these things, certainly not multiple times in a sitting. I have so many keys sitting collecting dust because my clanmates and are done after one. I say cut the waves in half as has been suggested or substantially increase the rewards. 

I personally like it for mod hunting. Cannon fodder waves are good for just that. Waves are spaced out decently and still offer challenge from one wave to the next to allow for recovering from deaths and such. If you clump the difficulty, you have two options to balance it:

1. Start with higher level enemies - this would reduce the enemy count overall alongside making it quite hard and mod hunting takes a hit

2. Scale with more enemies - do you really want to shove even more enemies into each wave? Hellish rise in difficulty+consumes time anyways

All I hear is "make it shorter, I can't do so many at once", sounds like you just want it to be grindable. If you can't dedicate 40 minutes to a run, don't. I feel 15 or 20 waves is a good balance between difficulty and reward. Unless you're expecting the end-rewards for crafting, but no one said it'd be easy.

Maybe the gamers I compare this community with play too much League of Legends where each instance is as dedicated 20-45 minutes of play.

Edited by Aishi

I feel 15 or 20 waves is a good balance between difficulty and reward. 

the difficulty is almost non existent, except you're having an unranked team then yeah, difficulty, the reward at the end isn't different than a capture run, without even parkour rooms and practically the same rewards

the difficulty is almost non existent, except you're having an unranked team then yeah, difficulty, the reward at the end isn't different than a capture run, without even parkour rooms and practically the same rewards

The higher tier of drop table rewards.

Nothing is difficult with a good team, but you have no idea how many pugs where I'd end up with 30+ revives :|

Remember to look at the bigger picture

Edited by Aishi

Not sure I`d agree with this. Don`t lower-level waves provide ample ammo etc. for later tougher waves... when you really need such?

Well, it is not really an issue of munitions, nor resources. This is purely about time-investment. The argument about high-wave defense survival has been established on many occasions. Most of which focus on  the crowd control abilities of our lovely frames.

No, this is about being forced to spend over half an hour on a single mission, where the only reason you are there is to get to the end and get a chance at your Braton receiver/Fang Blade/Braton Barrel.

Of course, after an attempt spanning over half an hour, getting a forma is almost soul-crushing. Because often, you are so tired of the mission by that time you do not try again that day.

Edited by Felandi

The higher tier of drop table rewards.

Nothing is difficult with a good team, but you have no idea how many pugs where I'd end up with 30+ revives :|

Remember to look at the bigger picture

I've ran hundreds of t3 defenses (yes you damn drops preu10)

and that doesn't change the fact that the first 10waves are useless, if it directly starts with lvl 100? no prob!

I've ran hundreds of t3 defenses (yes you damn drops preu10)

and that doesn't change the fact that the first 10waves are useless, if it directly starts with lvl 100? no prob!

Ten waves starting at level 100? Sounds fun, I would do it.

Just replain the leveling ladder to make t3 more fun. That's the solution

wave 01: lvl 50

wave 02: lvl 54

wave 03: lvl 58

wave 06: lvl 70

wave 20: lvl 130

to 

wave 01: lvl 110

wave 02: lvl 111

wave 03: lvl 112

wave 06: lvl 115

wave 20: lvl 130