Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Not Be Constantly Out of Credits

(PSN)Limorkil

Question

How do you keep from running out of credits all the time?   

I notice in YouTube videos that players have tens of millions of credits.  I know they are long time players, but I can’t help but feel I am doing something wrong.  

I tried running The Index, but I lose most of the time, so I end up with less credits that way.  I use Rhino and arca plasmor, and don’t really die much, but I run out of time a lot.  If I had lots of credits it wouldn’t matter if I lost, but when you are down to 50k it’s hard to risk losing it. If 

I run a Dark Sector every day, with the first mission bonus.  That gets me 50,000.  That might sound like a lot - 350,000 per week, but it soon goes because almost everything I have to make costs 25,000 and up.  

The only way I seem to make money is to not play.  Log on, do one Dark Sector, log off.  That can’t be right.  

Is there something else people do that pays reasonably well for the time invested?  Or do players just grind The Index?  

(I am always short of endo too. )

Capture missions used to give good credits.  

Index is probably the best but you need to find a decent team or just run on Public.  I think I've only been on a failing team twice since the game mode came out, and that was due to people dropping over lag issues.  

You can sell your Duplicate mods, Duplicate BP's from bosses, etc.  Oh, and the Dig Doge helps a tiny bit.

• Like 2

Dunno, I've never actively farmed for Credits and I have 113M right now. Just... passively playing the game.

Index is the best way anyway, try to find yourself a group on Recruitment chan, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people running Index regularly (that'll be way more efficient in a group than in Solo I guess). Especially this week as there is an Index Nightwave challenge

Otherwise, even though I doubt you have access to, Profit Taker on Fortuna is kinda awesome too. that's 125k :credits: per kill, which can be doubled by Chroma effigy, and doubled again if the Thermia event is at the correct stage (+ eventual credit booster).

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I notice in YouTube videos that players have tens of millions of credits

Players reach those levels of credits by buying Prime Accessories and from that playing the game with a constant credit booster (90 days each).  If you aren't going to run a booster then the only alternative is to actually farm credits in missions like the Index.

I hate to jump on the band wagon train as well.  To run the index you need a few frames that'll get you through the hardships. Revenant is an awesome frame for this as his Mesmer Skin puts most of the index enemies to sleep which allows you to pick them off and not take damage.(The rapter, bursa, and flying drones ignore the sleep and raptor ignors your mesmer skin so watch out for him).  Wukong's recent rework gives him a clone that basically does the killing for you along with giving you 3 chances to live if you don't make it to bank points. Nidus is also a decent choice as he can group the entire lot of them together and blast them to smithereens.  I can't give good advice on rhino because I lost a lot of credits with rhino just like you so I went and found other frames to fix that problem.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Profit Taker on Fortuna is kinda awesome too. that's 125k :credits: per kill, which can be doubled by Chroma effigy, and doubled again if the Thermia event is at the correct stage (+ eventual credit booster).

I helped a friend with some PT runs yesterday, and we were getting 1million credits per run. (Credit booster, chroma, and fracture bonus) As long as you can kill PT quickly, it seems to be even faster than the index. 

Me and my friend usually do some Index runs. Usually it takes around 15-20 minutes for 3 rounds in a duo, which gives you 700K profit (1,450K if you have credit booster) Some maps can take a bit longer though.

The way we recently were doing this is one of us camps the base with Frost, who places Snowglobes all over the place to slow enemies down and make them easy to kill, intercepting with all the points they get from killing bots, etc. Frost shouldn't take any points, while the other frame collects everything until he gets to 20 points (which gives 30 with +10 bonus), and then take them to the destination and repeat. I used Hildryn for that job, because she's literally unkillable if you spam Pillage, and get 1200 overshield each time regardless of how low your actual HP/shields are from the debuff. Plus you get an invuln period when your shields are dropped.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I notice in YouTube videos that players have tens of millions of credits.  I know they are long time players, but I can’t help but feel I am doing something wrong.  

I tried running The Index, but I lose most of the time, so I end up with less credits that way.  I use Rhino and arca plasmor, and don’t really die much, but I run out of time a lot.  If I had lots of credits it wouldn’t matter if I lost, but when you are down to 50k it’s hard to risk losing it. If 

I run a Dark Sector every day, with the first mission bonus.  That gets me 50,000.  That might sound like a lot - 350,000 per week, but it soon goes because almost everything I have to make costs 25,000 and up.  

The only way I seem to make money is to not play.  Log on, do one Dark Sector, log off.  That can’t be right.  

Is there something else people do that pays reasonably well for the time invested?  Or do players just grind The Index?  

I just got to Uranus so I don't have access to The Index yet. My current solution to credit shortage problem is to keep farming the Seimeni/Ceres Dark Sector Defense mission until I get enough credits that I need. Seimeni has the highest mission credit payout of 20,000 credits at present (40,000 credits for first daily mission). The defense setup is an easy shooting gallery - you just need to stand on top of the containers near the defense objective & fire away. Just do the minimum 5 waves & exit - it takes me around 5 minutes to do. The mission also reward Lith relic or a mod that you can trade in for endo. The infested targets also drop mods that you can trade for endo as well. You'll rarely get an Orokin cell drop too.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

Are you doing it alone ? Because those Friendly Bots get killed all the time dragging you down.... Also Arca Plasmor is Overrated....

You should actually be doing Sortie 3 with your first mission bonus since that gives you 50K Credits....meaning to can get 100K everyday....

Well one thing you can do is pray to RNJesus for a Credit Booster and then dedicate a single day or a single weekend exclusively to doing The Index.... preferably with a group.... 

I did this and managed to rack up 12 Million credits.this was enough to deal with Ranking Up Syndicates, MR Fodder, Buying Blueprints for Ciphers and Energy/Health Restores, Buying Stabilisers for my kitties and upgrading Primed/Corrupted/Umbral Mods not all of them.... just the important ones.. its about 2million Credits per mod... 

Its not going to last forever but it lasted long enough to take me to The Profit Taker.... which is how I get my Credits now.... :)

You can keep replaying the Dark Sector mission like Seimeni without logging off. It's still around 23K+ credits per 5 minutes run which is probably the best option for those of us who haven't gotten to the Index & can't do Sorties and other high level credit-making options.

You pretty much have it covered with dark sector and index.  I used to run a lot of seimeni when I was a fresh Tenno.

the vet players you see with all the credits went through the same bottleneck as you once upon a time.  There just comes a time when you’ve built and bought everything you want so the credits just start to rack up. 

I have 8 million earmarked for pedestal primes next time baro has them...

• Like 1

Index is your friend, really. 

Especially so when there's a Double Credit Weekend and/or you've got an active Credit Booster, from login rewards, Baro or Market. 1 mil credits per round (weekend+booster stack) should cover all your credits needs for a while. 

Just don't try to solo it, get a group in recruitment chat, or better yet, invite a clanmate/friend, assign a dedicated point carrier (Rhino/Revenant) and yo're good. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

First mission of the day - arbitrations (when available to you )50k + 1st mission bonus equals 100k.

Otherwise, as you already do, the highest credit dark sector mission available to you.

Second mission(s) - sortie 1,2,3 - total gain 100k.

Index - use in game recruit chat to host or find a team. Using a Rhino is fine, just ensure you use the iron shrapnel augment and recast you iron skin any time it drops below 50%. Arca Plasmor should be fine. The problem with solo is that the friendly AI keep dieing whilst holding heaps of points and you can quickly go from plenty of time in hand to round ended. Hence forming at least a 3 player team, even if it is for low index. Repeated runs quickly add plenty of credits.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Players reach those levels of credits by buying Prime Accessories and from that playing the game with a constant credit booster (90 days each).  If you aren't going to run a booster then the only alternative is to actually farm credits in missions like the Index.

Nope.

I usually range from 30-70m credits just from playing the game. Not from "constant credit booster". When you are not building things it is pretty easy to get 300-1m credits per day just by playing the game.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

short answer: play a lot. seriously, anytime you aren't spending Credits, you are receiving them. so if you are playing a lot, you get a lot of Credits.

remember that you need to turn in Index Points in the Index to get more Time (and to actually win). so grab a good handful of Points at once, then do actually remember to turn them in.
the Profit-Taker fight is also an alternative to the Index.

but! Index and Profit-Taker aren't the only sources of good Credits. those are the most effective per minute, but you also don't all that much progression outside of that when playing them so it's not necessarily the most useful thing to do depending on what you need as a Player.
the first Mission of the day (that you win) can be taken advantage of for a lot of Mission Types (doesn't work for Index or Profit-Taker, though). this does work on Sorties too. and don't forget Arbitrations either. (in the past you could complete 2/3 Sortie stages and wait until the 'day' rolls over at 2000hrs EST to get the most out of that daily Bonus. i don't know specifically if it still works as i think something might have changed to prevent it? but i don't specifically remember either way)
Dark Sector Missions can offer a source of relatively high Credits while also getting other progression Rewards too. some Bounty Tiers can offer... passable amounts of Credits, and Onslaught has a pretty solid amount of Credits for reaching any Reward stage.

so then quite a few options for Missions that can offer good Credits while also still progressing in other ways too.

and ofcourse extra Blueprints and Mods you don't have a use for can be crushed for Credits. though you'll probably want the Mods for Fusion Energy most of the time. but they're plentiful either way, regardless of what you use them for. just remember that banked resources like this are only useful once you actually crush them, keeping them for the end of the universe doesn't get you anything.

also, particular Warframes aren't necessary for Index. this is me crossing my arms saying that they're far from highly important or necessary, but they can provide to be helpful. but i don't use any of the Warframes anyone might suggest for Index, and i still Kill Enemies in seconds or less, and rarely die. just food for thought.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Are you doing it alone ? Because those Friendly Bots get killed all the time dragging you down

sometimes, actual Players aren't much better, haha. 
like if they pick up Points and hoard them but never turn them in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)nerdlegend said:

Don't forget to sell anything for credits 

Well, not anything, I'd recommend keeping one or two BPs of each warframe part in case of situations like the Smoking Ephemera needing Ash Systems

Sell mods for end to upgrade your mods to get a good build to kill and survi e in index also if you do high risk squad like 10 times millions of credits easy but Easter said then done may I recommend ESO elite sanctuary onslaught or just regular instead of elite to get all three also I'm MR 18 and can kill 70 to 80s easy I try to help and not brag

I'm on pc btw

Edited by BladeBringer3085
To say somthing I missed to mention