Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make Ephemera's available to buy via Store or tradable

Hi everyone, 

So I love the look of the new Ephemera's but I haven't got the time to grind for hours and hours and hours to get them, One of the things that I love about this game is that it caters for gamer's who have lots of time to spend playing this game and are able to get these things for free and gamer's who have commitments in real life and haven't got the time to grind these things but have the option to buy them or to trade for the. I'm the latter, I have a high profile job that demands allot of my time and a family that demands just as much. This leaves me very little time to myself and when I do have time I can only spend a very little amount of it playing this game BUT I still would like the opportunity to have all the nice shiny things gamer's who have allot of time to play this game.

Therefore it would be great if you can put all the Ephemera's on the store and making them trad-able so I can enjoy what others have the privilege of time have.

Thank you for your attention on this. 

• Like 3

the original idea for ephemeras was for them to be special rewards for hard/end-game tasks that only appear rarely, putting them on the store would invalidate their status and turn them into yet another cosmetic item. even making them tradable goes against the original design, but is slightly more acceptable in my opinion.

just because you have irl obligations does not mean that things people have spent hours trying to get should become super easy to obtain. even with irl obligations such as work, you can squeeze in one or two runs for an ephemera a day and you'll eventually get it that way. you don't have to no-life grind them like the madmen who play warframe for 16 hours a day.

Edited by Refticus

Ehhh.  They don't have any bearing on game play mechanics, I'm with them them being hard to obtain and with them being a bit of an epeen thing.

If they gave stats or something, it'd be different but this is 100% cosmetic. 

• Like 1

You can get the wukong PA one, its in the Store drop down menu on home page so that a thing

Spoiler

yes Im being a smartass, but yeah the ephemeras are not that great best one is lotus that was a twitch drop after that is seeding step and shocking and eidolon(not yet added/only in nigthwave intermission)

Agreed.

For people that think it's hard work, you guys are objectively wrong. The drops only show how much luck a person has, not hard work, perseverance, or whatever epeen measurement you guys think it's measured against.

Being able to buy it (store, arb, or nightwave) or trade it (more on this later) is the REAL show of effort, players have to either spend plat, which is either earned through real life work or grinding parts for trades, doing arbitration or doing nightwave objectives, people can't just be lucky and show up to rot C and get it, while others, like me, spend HOURS UPON HOURS without getting it.

Bleeding body is the proper way to earn these, everyone spends the same amount of rotational work, EARN currency, and spend the same amount of that currency to get them. All of that work based off someone's own pace.

Being able to get these after the first time makes trading absolutely necessary. Getting it any number of subsequent times means getting NOTHING on rotation C, being able to trade them for plats, just like most every reward (like the very cosmetic, pay attention now, peculiar mods), will mean getting something again. Why should it be a punishment to earn these twice, especially when it's such a S#&$ dice roll?

Also for the dude that said "if it had bearing on gameplay mechanics", what are you on? The store has been offering cosmetics that don't "alter gameplay mechanics" since the very beginning, having it inaccessible to players that don't have time to grind but available in store just means lucky people and people who have plats have that advantage.

• Like 1

I love the idea of earnable prestige cosmetics that you can flaunt as proof you completed a difficult in-game achievement. Shame Ephemera do nothing to fit the bill, with the exception being maybe Bleeding Body.

So yeah sure, I wouldn’t mind if they made all of the rng-based Ephemera tradable. As long as any future achievement-based Ephemera aren’t.

• Like 1

I have to say that I think it would be great idea to allow different methods of obtaining the Ephemeras. They are a cool looking cosmetic, and it would be nice to be able to get the ones you either missed out on, or could not get through gameplay, etc...My example would be the Lotus Ephemera (the one I REALLY wanted, of course...). It was only available to Twitch or Mixer users actively watching the live-streams at Tennocon '19 for at least a 30 minute strech. Now, to me, that was a ridiculous short window of time, and not everyone could attend online, be it due to work, travel, family, or other issues (full disclosure here, in my case I have Congestive Heart Failure, and my memory and dates often get mixed up or forgotten...still, missing it was my fault 100%, no excuses...). I am sure though that there are others out there who had to miss out for their own various reasons, and would like to have the opportunity to eventually get them as well.

As a previous poster said, if you are buying them outright with cash, or paying plat, or, even working on a trade with someone, the item is still earned somehow. And, since they do not affect any stats or powers, the only real benefit is for those of us who like to play fashion-frame. I don't see how it would be a bad thing to let the players further customize their in game appearance as they see fit. And, if anything, it would further increase the usage and economy of the markets where we already have weapon sets and arcanes being traded for plat. Or, make them part of the Baro visits, and rotate them in his inventory. In Baro's case, we would still have to earn them by running fissures to gain the ducats needed for purchase. Or, for a more direct approach, treat them like Tennogen, and pay a couple of bucks.

Yes, I ran ESO over and over and over, and over again, until I finally got the Blazing Step Ephmera. The struggle is real, and I've done it, start to finish.  I invested a bunch of time, and started to get burned out. But, I knew I could still get it eventually. The frustrating thing with the Lotus Ephmera is this; to just be like, well, you weren't on (insert streaming service) at this narrowly specific time, there is no way you can have this cosmetic EVER. Us loyal Tenno would appreciate having a bit of leeway to where we can still play this great game and really enjoy and personalize it, while being able to balance it with the real world and those responsibilities.

Also, if I sound extra salty about missing the Lotus one, I am. I thought that I had the date correct (turns out it was the weekend prior to what I thought it was) and even made a Mixer account specifically for this drop. I even did it for what I thought was ahead of time so it would all be ready. Well, nope, I was already past the viewing time by the time I found out. I also hoped the Digital Tennocon pass might have allowed or included the ephemera as part of the package, but that was not the case either. Oh well, it was my own fault, and know it. I just hope that maybe I can pick it up at a later date somehow.

Please consider something like this DE, I know I will be happy and appreciative of it, and I'm sure many fellow Tenno would be as well.

Please keep up the great work! Thanks guys!

-Nytefyre-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluffysbeans said:

I worked for yet again

You worked for it? It's RNG. You lucked out. Sorry fluff but you didn't earn anything. RNG is not an achievement. 

The only 2 Ephemeras that can actually legitimatly be earned are the blood and spore Ephemera. 

Ephemeras are a cosmetic BP. As long as RNG is a heavy factor on thier acquisition, they should be made tradable. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

On 2019-07-15 at 10:41 AM, Fluffysbeans said:

Luck wasn't even nearly a part of the 80 exploiter runs I had to do just to get the freezing step.

I was right there with you...i know how frustrating it can be...I have more Exploiter articula than i care to count...

However, all ephermera are earned in one way or another. Be it time, plat earned from in game farming, or just straight up money. I just found it frustrating that in the case of the Lotus ephermera, you had such a small window of time to meet the requirement to gain what i consider one of the better effects in the game. I am all for earning my own copy (hopefully...) according to one of the methods I already listed. We all know fashion frame is the one and only true endgame, LOL...🙂

I am just posting in the hope DE will see this and implement it for myself and others who missed out. I was also thinking that another method would be to include it as part of the Tennocon Digital Pack. The people who were able to attend are going to get their own, so why not include that for the people who supported Tennocon digitally?

Thanks!

In fairness they already have. 

The new Prime Access comes with a cash money Ephemera. So there is no fear of the "slippery slope" we're already gleefully tobogganing down it. WEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....~

I'm sure we'll see cosmetic Ephemera in the regular store soon enough and as to the RNG Ephemera, no reason they shouldn't be tradeable along with those purchased with Arbitration whatever those points are called. 

Aaaaand just to round things out for those who identify their self worth by proxy of some "hard fought" vidja game MacGuffin, they might as well toss in one or two that are tied to achievements or some such nonsense or them thar tryhards might just explode. Maybe take a page out of the Nintendo handbook for that one and make it golden poops. 

Edited by Oreades

I got 5 smoking body ephemeras in 7 stalker encounters, how's that for hard grind and achievements? They missed the mark with the way they implemented them imo, they should have never been RNG based but rather require some ridiculous challenge to complete.

• Like 1

Remember that time TF2 went free to play, and all the people who bought the game (like me) got a stupid hat to mark the fact that we were old school, and all the whiny children came out and complained that they wanted it too, even though they hadn't bought the game?

I sure remember that time. Not sure why. Maybe something is reminding me of it.

19 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

I got 5 smoking body ephemeras in 7 stalker encounters, how's that for hard grind and achievements? They missed the mark with the way they implemented them imo, they should have never been RNG based but rather require some ridiculous challenge to complete.

A clanmate fought stalker over 40 times and still doesn't have it - including dumping a ton of ducats into 30 beacons.  

It took me 140 runs of ESO to zone 8 to get that one - and yet I know ppl that that got it on their first run.

I have 4 stupid electric and no freezing from countless exploiter runs. but i got so sick of wasting 15 minutes on her i stopped chasing freezing.

The RNG based system is a really bad way to do the ephemeras. Bleeding aside things should have been:

Get one for X runs to zone 8 ESO (or 1 run to zone 16 or something)

Get one for killing both Profit Taker and Exploiter - maybe one for each, then one once you've done both.

Maybe one for opening complete star chart or maxing all focus trees or something

They all should have been achievements not RNG.

And at the very least if they keep it RNG  they should be tradeable for a different ephemera amongst players so I could trade one Electric to someone who has all freezing and no electric E.G.

They were added to be specifically not directly purchasable, and only available via specific sources from activities.

Yes the random chance on getting them is terrible and doesn't reflect properly the 'challenge' of obtaining them. Yes they should have some sort of safety-net or percentile increase mechanic so that they are at least something that can reliably drop after a certain point, but they should not be made trade-able or purchasable with platinum.

A work-around could be thus: All the ephemeras could be purchasable from related vendors but they require a specific resource/tag that is only obtained via the specific sources the ephemera's drop from. They have this for the Bleeding Body Ephemera. The Shocking and Freezing Step ephemera's could be purchasable from Little Duck for X amount of the blue Toroids, which only drop from the Exploiter. Simaris could have a guaranteed resource at zone 8 of ESO and he could sell Blazing Step for X amount of these tags. The Eidolon Step, if they reintroduce it, could require X Radiant Eidolon Shards at Quill Onko. Seeding Step could follow suit with the Bleeding Body as it's also Arbitrations based but have it cost 40 Essence or such.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten